James Delaney

Blind side johnny

Looking at Sunday's programme I noticed that James Delaney's name is no longer featured in the squad list (nor Sam Bates or Brad Adams for that matter). Is he no longer with the club and, if so, did I simply miss this announcement?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Left the club. Shame as he's our best hooker in my opinion

When? Why?

Was there an announcement?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I hope that he finds another club and doesn't just return to the amateur game. He looked to have bags of potential and was outstanding in the second team - he would certainly be good at C1 level and would probably cut it in the Championship given time. 

What a real shame when our sport can't have 2nd teams in the 2nd tier!! It's a joke and makes the sport look unprofessional in my opinion. Forget dual reg, 2nd teams must be a must! If you don't have a 2nd team at our level the rfl should not allow you to register in the league. Maybe we should link up with Celtic moor thornill Shaw cross and dual reg good youngsters like Delaney to them until required ?? Seems frustrating to lose local good up and coming talent, doesn't cost great money to keep them

What a real shame when our sport can't have 2nd teams in the 2nd tier!! It's a joke and makes the sport look unprofessional in my opinion. Forget dual reg, 2nd teams must be a must! If you don't have a 2nd team at our level the rfl should not allow you to register in the league. Maybe we should link up with Celtic moor thornill Shaw cross and dual reg good youngsters like Delaney to them until required ?? Seems frustrating to lose local good up and coming talent, doesn't cost great money to keep them

Errm, some SL clubs don't have second teams either Chris - that is a major part of the problem.

DR was dreamed up by certain Chairmen in SL as a wheeze to allow them to save money on youngsters by signing them then farming them out to Championship clubs. As long as we have DR then a proper reserves league is unlikely in the extreme.

Think he's going back down to Moor too good for that level though.

Gary Thornton Knows him and had him on loan at Doncaster so hopefully he gets a cut there, reckon Brad could go there to.

Unless he wants his career destroying before it's started, he'd be best served avoiding Doncaster.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

Have to say I was very impressed with him, looked a very solid player, would rate him on a par with Ryan Wright and well ahead of Hemingway, with Conroy first pick. Who knows with budget restrictions next season we might see some of the reserves back as first team squad players.

Why avoid Doncaster though ?

Surely he's better playing at that level with a chance of promition then back Down at national conference league 3

Harold doesn't hold their coach in the highest of esteem, I believe.

Man of match in his first game back, ran show.. Shame he didn't get a chance... Probably end up at Batley and make a name for himself like Alex Walmsley did having got a chance from the amatuer game. Glen asnt give the lad a fair chance.

Glen asnt give the lad  a fair  ANY chance.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think there will be another No9 joining us next season, so no problems.

;)

I think there will be another No9 joining us next season, so no problems.

;)

You can never have too many number nines - will he turn up swathed in bandages or recovering from a cruciate ligament operation as seems to be de rigueur with  our pre - season signings ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

You can never have too many number nines - will he turn up swathed in bandages or recovering from a cruciate ligament operation as seems to be de rigueur with  our pre - season signings ?

He'll be fitter than Billy Pickup, Grumpy.

He'll be fitter than Billy Pickup, Grumpy.

Billy went the length of the field for a try at a time when our wingers couldn't catch me - even now.  ;)

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived