TRL Helpdesk

Them massive hornet things that the daily star said would invade england have built a shed in my garden. Ok, they are at least wasps. Have been building an extension for a few months and set aside sods/turf to be put somewhere else as and when required. Well, that day was today. Moved a few sods then unleashed hell..............at least 6 of them went for me (guessed the rest were out doing wasp stuff). I'll leave it a bit thought i. Went back after thirty mins and tried again. me there was about 10 of them after me this time.............not sure if the original 6 were involved. An hour later I tried again, with a big stick to poke the sods/turf..............jeez did I run for my life.

Need advice how to sort this like quick sharp

Many thanks in anticipation of your help

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

VOTE BREXIT!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well, funny you should say that but I do think there is some sort of conspiracy theory going around....................not just my head btw

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

Them massive hornet things that the daily star said would invade england have built a shed in my garden. Ok, they are at least wasps. Have been building an extension for a few months and set aside sods/turf to be put somewhere else as and when required. Well, that day was today. Moved a few sods then unleashed hell..............at least 6 of them went for me (guessed the rest were out doing wasp stuff). I'll leave it a bit thought i. Went back after thirty mins and tried again. ###### me there was about 10 of them after me this time.............not sure if the original 6 were involved. An hour later I tried again, with a big stick to poke the sods/turf..............jeez did I run for my life.

Ive got rid of two nests, but they were exposed and not within a pile of sod. If you can't get your hands on the nest then get some "wasp rid" spray and tackle them at night even if you can't get at the nest it'll make the environment unpalatable for them and they should ###### orf.

Them massive hornet things that the daily star said would invade england have built a shed in my garden. Ok, they are at least wasps. Have been building an extension for a few months and set aside sods/turf to be put somewhere else as and when required. Well, that day was today. Moved a few sods then unleashed hell..............at least 6 of them went for me (guessed the rest were out doing wasp stuff). I'll leave it a bit thought i. Went back after thirty mins and tried again. ###### me there was about 10 of them after me this time.............not sure if the original 6 were involved. An hour later I tried again, with a big stick to poke the sods/turf..............jeez did I run for my life.

It's quite simple getting rid of wasps. First things first strip naked then coat your self in jam from head to toe. Then you just need a bat or a spade either will do the hornets don't care. Now simply wack the nest as hard as you can. You may think they will sting you at this point but that's were the jam comes in because your covered in jam they think your friendly. Now all you have to do is pick them off one by one at your leisure. Good luck.

It's quite simple getting rid of wasps. First things first strip naked then coat your self in jam from head to toe. Then you just need a bat or a spade either will do the hornets don't care. Now simply wack the nest as hard as you can. You may think they will sting you at this point but that's were the jam comes in because your covered in jam they think your friendly. Now all you have to do is pick them off one by one at your leisure. Good luck.

I bow to Bob's superior technical expertise.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

From the advice you gave me, use your new hammer.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

[sigh mode] some things never change[/sigh mode] :banghead:

at least 6 of them went for me (guessed the rest were out doing wasp stuff). I'll leave it a bit thought i. Went back after thirty mins and tried again. ###### me there was about 10 of them after me this time.............not sure if the original 6 were involved.

You'd be rubbish on Crimewatch.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Snuck up on em late last night, fired in a can of wilkos wasp foam, stood me ground, then calmly walked away. Just been for a peek and there is no sign of activity.

The only problem now is digging into the bank of turf. What if all the foam did was akin to rolling a stone over a cave entrance? There maybe thousands of agitated blighters waiting to get me :fie:

Snuck up on em late last night, fired in a can of wilkos wasp foam, stood me ground, then calmly walked away. Just been for a peek and there is no sign of activity.

The only problem now is digging into the bank of turf. What if all the foam did was akin to rolling a stone over a cave entrance? There maybe thousands of agitated blighters waiting to get me :fie:

Jam time.

That type of dilemma is why nature gave us a wife and children.

That type of dilemma is why nature gave us a wife and children.

From a theological angle, it was actually God that gave us close family members.  Therefore, the Christian thing to do is to send them in to check.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Archived