Town V Haven. blackpool predictions.

town4me

Town 28 Haven 20. I think we go into this one with a bit of confidence but a derby is a derby so town by 8. Sammut has to start and matty and callum spelling off at 9 and another good show by the forwards and I think we can win this one.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take any Town win, I have a feeling Sammut might turn on his magic in front of a TV audience, the pressure is more on us than them, but it was last year as well. It will be interesting to see who haven have missing, it said in tonights paper that they hope to have a few back for Saturday so they won't be as depleted as some think. Even if they have a full team out PV should remind our lads that this is more or less the same bunch that we put too the sword at DP last September.

I would take any Town win, I have a feeling Sammut might turn on his magic in front of a TV audience, the pressure is more on us than them, but it was last year as well. It will be interesting to see who haven have missing, it said in tonights paper that they hope to have a few back for Saturday so they won't be as depleted as some think. Even if they have a full team out PV should remind our lads that this is more or less the same bunch that we put too the sword at DP last September.

yes I think it's a stage JS will thrive on but at the same time it's not all about him as all the lads put a shift in yesterday particularly the pack. I don't think it's so much about them being depleted it's just not happening for them at the moment where certain positions that players are or aren't playing etc. It's all about ourselves for me. If we carry on playing the way we are we have a great chance. Our very depleted squad at the last derby could easily have won on the day and with a lots more players back the points are there for the taking but it is a derby and will require a good performance.

the way we are playing in attack at present , i can t see anything other than a town win and by quite a few points . might be close for the first 40 , but the longer the match goes on , the better we get , the bigger pitch should suit our new found style of play . 

He seemed to be struggling soon after he came on but carried on playing. Looked like his shoulder again.

Did get a knock, then played like a man possessed ,took the ball in at high speed and direct, if that's struggling the mans a machine !!!!!

If you play like you did on Sunday you shouldn't have any problems.

I was impressed with town, particularly the intensity levels and the speed that which you played the ball at times.

You probably deserved at least a draw. Just a couple of wrong decisions perhaps cost you. Which is very much reflective of a team not used to winning regularly. It was exactly the same at Batley for us last year. Competed but couldn't get over the finish line.

Thankfully for us we've got added resolve this season and some classy, 'old heads' in Brambani and Walker who step up to the plate when needed.

Was impressed with Sammut, Murphy, Verlinden and Shackley from a town perspective.

Good look for the rest of the season. Hope you mange to stay up. I always look forward to a trip up to your place.

Gutted I can't get to Blackpool this year. Does anyone know if any of the pubs in Workington will be showing the match ? It's on at same time as champions league final but do t think many will be interested in that!

Unfortunately I have to agree with lakeland ! Town will run riot, we are imploding :-(

away with these mind games ! ( only joking).A Derby is a derby and I am sure it will raise players games on both sides.

Archived