York city knights

Maureen T-k

York City Knights Ltd and York City Knights Holdings Ltd would like to confirm that the ownership of both companies has now been transferred from John Guildford to Jon Flatman.

The club, under new ownership, will announce further information in due course relating to but not limited to players, sponsors, partners, merchandise and season tickets.

Mr Flatman, stated, 'I would like to thank John Guildford for the manner in which he has delivered a debt free club and for his commitment to the sport in York for many years. We, as a club, will now look forward to season 2017 and beyond with a commitment to deliver a club to be proud of. James Ford is an excellent coach and I would like to thank him for his loyalty to the club throughout the handover process'.

Mr Guildford commented,

"I am delighted that the handover of the club to Jon Flatman has been completed and look forward to Jon, James Ford and the players having a successful 2017 season and I and my family would like to thank all York City Knights supporters for their patience in what I know has been a difficult and worrying few months.

I now hope that Jon and the club is allowed to prosper without the interference of the outside forces that I have had to contend with in recent years and I look forward to seeing the club in a permanent home again, wherever that might be.

Im Fev and im proud

Great news Maureen. A smashing little club with a good ex- Fev player as

leader. About time we concentrated on our own clubs and shoved the expansionists

down the pecking order.

All about increasing the number of TV viewers. I often wish that Bramley had survived. I lived there for a while when it was just a village and Barley Mow was a great local rugby league ground.  

agreed, good luck YCK

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

All about increasing the number of TV viewers. I often wish that Bramley had survived. I lived there for a while when it was just a village and Barley Mow was a great local rugby league ground.

Afraid that is true,JC. Nothing but hypocrites. Appear to be the life blood of

presenting the sports scene, whilst making millions and IMO, pulling our game to a lower level and slowly destroying the grass roots.

• 1 month later...

A friend of Hardcastle told me that it looks like hes been offered pay when you play.If he diesnt play for the first Team he will have to play for  York .I asked why and was told that Mark has something to do with the club possibly as an owner and we are using York as sort of a feeder club for us.Does any one know if this is true.

19 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

A friend of Hardcastle told me that it looks like hes been offered pay when you play.If he diesnt play for the first Team he will have to play for  York .I asked why and was told that Mark has something to do with the club possibly as an owner and we are using York as sort of a feeder club for us.Does any one know if this is true.

Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest? Still this is the RFL running things!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

10 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

From reading the threads on the Bradford forum, it would appear that would only be the case if the value is over 20% of the holding, so as to be an "influential" investor. And below this point you don't even have to pass the "proper persons" test (can't remember the correct name of the top of my head). 

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Perhaps it's been put in someone else's name, .....just a thought! 

Im Fev and im proud

They were a very good club up until the mid-80's, often labelled a Yo-Yo club because for the previous years they had been hovering between the bottom of Div.1 and the top of Div.2, which in today's money would be on a similar scale to Salford or Leigh. They had a very good season in 1980-81 in which they won promotion by topping Div,2 above the mighty Wigan. A few years later, in 1984 they knocked Cas out of the Challenge Cup to reach the semi's. Later that year Fev signed Steadman from them and they seemed to go downhill after that. Moving away from Wiggington Road seemed to hit them hard.

IMO a successful York would be just as important as another expansion club, because in my view they are not from the heartlands, and while not being the biggest of cities it is one of the most iconic, and far bigger than Wakefield. 

This was posted on Facebook by former Fev player Richard Blakeway earlier today

First big deal signed sealed and delivered to Featherstone Rovers and York City Knights chairman Mark Campbell and RL legened Alan Agar last night. All in time for thier friendly on Sunday 15th 3pm kick off.

Anyone/team  wanting base layers bespoked to thier team Weather it be rugby, football, cricket, netball or any other sport pm for details #Rovers #knightsfamily #YearOftheDOM

IMG_3668.JPG

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

According to York's Twitter feed MC has been at their Fans' Forum tonight and a DR agreement between us and York has been announced.

York's Chairman John Flatman says there are 10,000 shares in the club and he (Flatman) owns 9,988 of them.

Mark Campbell now speaking: "I looked at York and thought the potential was huge. I'll use my contacts in the game to facilitate that"

Im Fev and im proud

11 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

What's Marks involvement with York?

It's aledged that he bought the club, but on Twitter it states that Jon Flatman is chairman as stated in my post at the top  

Im Fev and im proud

15 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

According to York's Twitter feed MC has been at their Fans' Forum tonight and a DR agreement between us and York has been announced.

York's Chairman John Flatman says there are 10,000 shares in the club and he (Flatman) owns 9,988 of them.

You might be able to get Tim Spears back on dual reg

IMG_0583.JPG

I must admit haveing mark our chaiman haveing intrests in york does not sit well with me there has got to be conflict of interests somewhere down the line and just hope he does'nt loose interest in fev and wants a new challange with york

24 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

With the money time and effort mark has put into fev and what hes built on and off the field, also been a lifelong Rovers fan, i can only see his involvement with york been seen as a way to benefit fev. 

If we can give York a helping hand what's wrong with that?Now Bradford they have seen the writing on the wall for the last couple of seasons and still gambled with the club.Although i do feel sorry for the supporters and some players.

9 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

If we can give York a helping hand what's wrong with that?Now Bradford they have seen the writing on the wall for the last couple of seasons and still gambled with the club.Although i do feel sorry for the supporters and some players.

Yes weve a pretty strong squad this season, and some quality players and good young lads that may struggle for game time, will help us and york with the dual reg system now we dont have a reserve team.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Just read this and have concerns about the following;"Wanted to bring James Ford to coach Fev before all the trouble happened".Well whats wrong with J.S."We (meaning York) need to get into the Championship as soon as possible"What about we (meaning Fev) ,Hope i'm not looking at it too deeply but not impressed.

1 hour ago, plug said:

I must admit haveing mark our chaiman haveing intrests in york does not sit well with me there has got to be conflict of interests somewhere down the line and just hope he does'nt loose interest in fev and wants a new challange with york

He's moved his business interests over to Post Office road, so I'll doubt it 

Im Fev and im proud

Archived