30 Jul: CCSF: Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 2.30pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats by 1 to 6 points
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats by 7 to 12 points
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats by 13 points or more

Discuss the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup semi final here.

SATURDAY 30th JULY  

Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 2.30pm (BBC)

at Leigh Sports Village

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Warrington 1/3 to in or -12 on the handicap.  Handicap looks the best value. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Warrington 1/3 to in or -12 on the handicap. Handicap looks the best value.

Not so sure about that. This is Wakefield's season now. They have little to play for in the league anymore, they will be going hell for leather in this one. I do think Warrington will win, but it will be tight I reckon.

We saw last year that the favourites can come unstuck in a semi final and Wakey have beaten us this year already.

I think if we are on our game we should win, but we are off our game a fair bit at the moment.

I think both semis will go the way of the favourites at a canter. Tight for 10 minutes, all Wire/FC for 25 minutes, slight fight back and better teams coming home strong. 31 - 12 in both games.

All well and good except the bookies all have Wigan as favourites.

Well after going to Wembley every year since it reopened in 2007 and I've made the decision this is my final "Wembley Weekend" I hope after 3 Semi Final loses this is our time.

2009 was special as I'd never seen Wires win at Wembley (19 years of hurt after seeing us get hammered by a wonderful Wigan team)

2010 & 2012 was great but I wanted that elusive GF winners.

So after the rebuilding of the Wire I actually think we can get to Wembley this year and Wakefield will make us fight for 80 mins.

so I'm hoping and praying for a good game, an open and fast flowing game with Wires just having a little more in the tank.

Wires 26 Wakey 18

Best wishes to the Wakey fans

Great to have you back, mate. You'll be planning your hotels before half time.

Thanks EW thought I'd show my face.

Hotel and tickets booked last year get best discount that way

I do hope it's all over by half time however I doubt it very much, wakey will fight to the bitter end.

Should imagine Wire fans will outnumber Wakéy 3 to 1, and I think that could be a telling factor (just) come full time.

I have only witnessed Wakéy on TV this year and on their day they have a game which can trouble any defence, Wire have had some good results but they have not been as consistent as their league position suggests. If Wakéy turn up with their 'A' game a shock result could definatly be on the cards.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Wire are obvious favourites but I have a sneaky feeling for Wakey here. Wire were obvious favourites in the 2013 SF and Jacob Miller and Joe Arundel can tell their team mates happened then.

As long as Wakey can contain Wire early doors then we should have a game on our hands.

Hope they manage a decent looking crowd at the LSV, the Wire fans have around a two and a half hour journey while the Wakey fans should manage it in just over an hour, I reckon.

(That's assuming the Wakey fans travel by car or coach and the Wire fans walk there.)

Wolves 22 Trin 24.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

It may surprise you O.F. that the Warrington boundary is less than 1/2 a mile from the LSV, so if all the Wire fans got the bus to there they could walk it in less than 10mins!

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Wakefield are absolutely busted with a long injury list of regular first choice players out and a number of players only just back from long term injuries.

I can't see past Warrington winning this after a slight scare by a gallant and spirited Trinity team.

Out

Tom Johnstone

BJB

Ashley Gibson

Bill Tupou

Scott Anderson

Anthony England

Chris Annakin

Michael Simon

Matty Ashurst

Danny Kirmond

John Molloy

Just back from injury

Anthony Tupou

Nick Scruton

That's just too many missing and injured

19 men for Saturday

Ryan Atkins,Ryan Bailey, Daryl Clark,  Ben Currie, Brad Dwyer, Rhys Evans,  Kurt Gidley, Chris Hill,  Jack Hughes,George King, Toby King,  Declan Patton,  Kevin Penny,Stefan Ratchford, Matty Russell, Chris Sandow, Ashton Sims,Joe Westerman,  Ben Westwood

I expect Patton and Penny to miss out

Racthford

Russell

King T

Atkins

Evans

Gidley

Sandown

Hill

Clark

Sims

Hughes

Currie

Westerman

Subs

Westwood

Bailey

King G

Dwyer

Patton / Penny to miss out. Penny will only play if Steffan isn't fully fit. Russell would go to FB Penny on the wing

Reading the above post Wakey up against it but in a one off game you never ever know!!!

There's you never know and there is a team which has already achieved its goal for the year - and done heroically to do so - with a thin squad destroyed by injury. I may have under estimated the gap at 19 points...

(Oh and the venue making it a home game for Wire doesn't help. I know he won't but Smith must be tempted to rest player for this - certainly after half time he will want to rest his play makers wiith Thursday in mind.)

We've got a few back if we get stuck in you never know, hopefully make a better start than 2008 when we froze.

Up the Trin

Aye, weren't you 18-0 behind after about 18 mins?

You clawed your way back a bit later and made it nervous for us so maybe you can go one better this time.

Best of luck.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Wakefield are absolutely busted with a long injury list of regular first choice players out and a number of players only just back from long term injuries.

I can't see past Warrington winning this after a slight scare by a gallant and spirited Trinity team.

Out

Tom Johnstone

BJB

Ashley Gibson

Bill Tupou

Scott Anderson

Anthony England

Chris Annakin

Michael Simon

Matty Ashurst

Danny Kirmond

John Molloy

Just back from injury

Anthony Tupou

Nick Scruton

That's just too many missing and injured

Eh?

The 19-man squad is named below:

Scott Anderson

Tinirau Arona

Joe Arundel

Jordan Crowther

David Fifita

Liam Finn

Craig Hall

Ben Jones-Bishop

Max Jowitt

Danny Kirmond

Reece Lyne

Jacob Miller

Scott Moore

Nick Scruton

Mikey Sio

Anthony Tupou

Bill Tupou

Jason Walton

Andy Yates

f3gms4.jpg

Eh?

The 19-man squad is named below:

Scott Anderson

Tinirau Arona

Joe Arundel

Jordan Crowther

David Fifita

Liam Finn

Craig Hall

Ben Jones-Bishop

Max Jowitt

Danny Kirmond

Reece Lyne

Jacob Miller

Scott Moore

Nick Scruton

Mikey Sio

Anthony Tupou

Bill Tupou

Jason Walton

Andy Yates

At least two won't play and whichever of the other 17 play they're not all fit!

Really looking forward to this game today, Wire must be strong favourites given their standing and Wakey's struggle with player availability but I hope it's a close one and in doubt until near the end.

Hope Wakey take plenty to the LSV, be nice to see a good turnout from both sets of fans.

May the best team win .

Archived