Ref

Bat Lad

Very disappointed with the ref Tom scored a perfectly good try in front of me grounding the ball and because the ref was in poor position he didn't get round to see the grounding

Ref needs to do a lot better than that

No he did not, if there is any complaint it is the time wasting of your goal kicker, there is a time limit IIRC but it was not dealt with.

As a new ref to this level they have to be encouraged.

Cheers Roger.

No he did not, if there is any complaint it is the time wasting of your goal kicker, there is a time limit IIRC but it was not dealt with.

As a new ref to this level they have to be encouraged.

Cheers Roger.

There is a time limit Roger, that's why the refs stop the clock. Hence there is no problem with kickers taking time to kick (miss in our case) goals.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Don't complain rn too much, he let Batley interfere at the PTB for the whole game.

Both teams exactly the same! l was really surprised how comfortable we were in defence against you. With the amount of ball you had, going downhill in the second half, l really expected us to lose at half time, even more so when you scored straight after the break! 

The ref was in a bad position to see whether or not Lillycrop grounded the ball, but the touch judge on the Roy Powell Terrace side was up with play and I was 10 yards away from him with the same view. He is the man to take issue with. He should have attracted the ref's attention or the ref, knowing he was in a bad position and also knowing that play would have moved on from the grounding to his getting there, should have asked. Other than that I thought there were only a couple of small things, and like someone else said, nowhere near the complete farce of Cobb's performance last week. We say every week that the ref lost us the game, but in that case he really did.

Don't complain rn too much, he let Batley interfere at the PTB for the whole game.

are you for real??? Did you actually go to the game or just listen to it on radio Leeds? The ref is the only reason you were even in the game. He did his best for you, come on, let's have a bit of right, if you couldn't win with him, you never will. I would love to hear his explanation for disallowing Lillicrops try. He was unable to see a prop forward from 15 meters out, carry 3 men over the line to score a perfectly good try. He couldn't get in position to see it or keep up with play, or ask advice from the two stooges carrying flags who only went on for Batley's infringements? I don't buy it for a second. It certainly feels like someone at Red Hall has decided we're not going to finish in the top four and they'll do whatever is necessary to ensure it doesn't happen after witnessing our last two fixtures.

Ah.....

The sweet sound of an embittered losing fan who has seen his team beaten by their nearest rivals for the third time this season.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

are you for real??? Did you actually go to the game or just listen to it on radio Leeds? The ref is the only reason you were even in the game. He did his best for you, come on, let's have a bit of right, if you couldn't win with him, you never will. I would love to hear his explanation for disallowing Lillicrops try. He was unable to see a prop forward from 15 meters out, carry 3 men over the line to score a perfectly good try. He couldn't get in position to see it or keep up with play, or ask advice from the two stooges carrying flags who only went on for Batley's infringements? I don't buy it for a second. It certainly feels like someone at Red Hall has decided we're not going to finish in the top four and they'll do whatever is necessary to ensure it doesn't happen after witnessing our last two fixtures.

The play the ball was very scrappy for both sides,alot of interference which the ref didn't marshal very well IMO. I think it's a bit harsh to say that if it hadn't been for ref we wouldn't have been in game. The best team won today,just!! BTW I said at the time that Tom had got ball down for his try then after watching it again it looks like a try to me. Good luck in your last 4 games

Couldn't make last two matches but by majority of people who did go. Keep saying same strange decisions by refs nothing new . Would this be worth showing evidence to rfl head ref about these bad decisions we keep getting week in week out

Thanks BSJ, I didn't particularly notice him stop the clock with any regularly, as I originally stated he is fairly new to this level and as to be encouraged, he will learn.

Cheers Roger. 

We don't all think that!!!

I know.

It was just a bit of teasing on my part, sorry.

Thought the game was indeed scrappy and as usual in derby games, it could have gone either way.

Think fitness was the biggest factor in the last 15 mins of both halves.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

:tease:  :tease:  :tease:  :tease:

Do you wear a tinfoil helmet to bed?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Both sides got away with ignoring the ref's 10 yard positioning, unbiasedly I would say Rams got away with more than we did, i.e. the periods we spent on their line in the first half when defenders should have been on their line they were often 2 yards up, and beside the ref who could plainly see it. When he did penalise offside I would say, again unbiasedly he penalised us more then Dewsbury. Rams had the game in their own hands at 16-16, even at 18-16, as they had more ball in good positions than we did, but chose some strange options. Yes, Lillycrop's try was grounded, and even though the ref was unsighted he should have been able to tell by the way Rams defenders reacted that they knew he'd got it down. There was a touch judge with a clear view, who should have been consulted. That said, I was fearful on a number of occasions when Dewsbury did move the ball well yet took wrong options at crucial times, allied to some sharp tackle spotting and scrambling defence at times. We couldn't have had any complaint if they had won. Still, as one old Batley fan said, winning when playing badly is a sign of a strong team, and we can't deny the strength of these lads. Dewsbury have suffered over the season with a horrendous string of injuries, even longer than ours was about 6 or 7 games in. I like both local sides to be doing well all the time, not just putting emphasis on the derbies.

No, but I'm not as deluded as some members of this forum who think referees and other officials are beyond reproach.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/683839/Rugby-League-Super-League-Referee-Richard-Silverwood-Suspension-Future-RFL-News

I was referring to your last statement which was slightly over the top don't you think?

Silverwood's suspension appears to be about something quite different to his officiating; it looks like he has been very foolish indeed.

BSJ You are obviously a man in the know.Please enlighten the rest of us.

Not at all, I just read the press release which clearly doesn't relate to problems on the field of play. He hasn't refereed a game since May and has two previous suspensions related to the RFL's information and technology policy. Whatever this relates to it doesn't sound like his refereeing is at issue, does it?

Rumours are that Glenn Morrison has definitely applied.

Archived