Summer Bash Good News

Deserves a thread of its own, doesn't it?

Apparently, Bradford have sold over 1,800 tickets already.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Deserves a thread of its own, doesn't it?

Apparently, Bradford have sold over 1,800 tickets already.

Looking forward to watching these games. Last year the crowds were okay without being spectacular. Let's hope for a good turnout. An upturn in form for Leigh, Bradford and Featherstone will help numbers I think.

The long range weather forecast looks okay.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Leigh have gone past the 1500 mark and tickets are still selling fast. Club has had to request extra tickets from the RFL.

Should be a great attendance on the Saturday. Can't see anyone else getting close to Leigh or Bradford in terms of support though so numbers on the Sunday may well dip.

I reckon there will be about 3000 ish each from Bradford and Leigh by KO on Saturday. Really looking forward to it!

Leigh have gone past the 1500 mark and tickets are still selling fast. Club has had to request extra tickets from the RFL.

Should be a great attendance on the Saturday. Can't see anyone else getting close to Leigh or Bradford in terms of support though so numbers on the Sunday may well dip.

I reckon there will be about 3000 ish each from Bradford and Leigh by KO on Saturday. Really looking forward to it!

Talking of Leigh...

32F35EC400000578-0-image-a-109_146007056

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Talking of Leigh...

32F35EC400000578-0-image-a-109_146007056

:O

Was going to say something uncomplimentary, then remembered Wigan's effort for the magic weekend so thought better of it. :P

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

:O

Was going to say something uncomplimentary, then remembered Wigan's effort for the magic weekend so thought better of it. :P

Indeed. Mote and beam, and all that. In fact, worse, as Wigan will be sporting the hi-viz kit more than once this season.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Indeed. Mote and beam, and all that. In fact, worse, as Wigan will be sporting the hi-viz kit more than once this season.

It's quite fitting that Wigan should field a team of 13 referee look-a-likes given all the recent jibes. :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Surely they had to go for roman numerals on the back?

You're right! They missed a trick there.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

You're right! They missed a trick there.

Isn't numbering controlled by regulations.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Isn't numbering controlled by regulations.

Strongest argument for Brexit I've heard yet.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I was struggling again with yet more good news about RL (I really cannot cope with all this positivity) but luckily the sight of that Leigh strip bought me right back to earth.... dear dear Lord

if only Leigh were playing Londinium

Instead, they face the Vapor Porcos.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Surely they had to go for roman numerals on the back?

Good point, Scubby.  Oh no, hang on, which centre wants to called 'Ivy'?

Any news on what the sales for the clubs playing Sunday look like? Although Bulls vs Leigh should be a great match, I think the RFL did well to keep them apart last year to ensure a spread of two of the bigger fanbases across both days.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Almost the right shirt, the club sponsor has given up the front for the charity the club is supporting on the day, all shirt proceeds plus other fundraising going via the charity to Alder Hey. Shirts were to order and fans could have the heritage number of choice on the front. The shorts are a beach holiday must though, don't you think.CiarUCbWkAAxYVO.jpg

Any news on what the sales for the clubs playing Sunday look like? Although Bulls vs Leigh should be a great match, I think the RFL did well to keep them apart last year to ensure a spread of two of the bigger fanbases across both days.

Leigh had sold out today but expect more tomorrow as clubs return them, mate left it late and bought/reserved 4 of tomorrows batch.

Not sure I like that Leigh kit, but I do love the effort to create something unique (pretty much matches my feelings about the Bradford kit). Looks a bit dark though against the Bradford kit - have the RFL thought this through.

oddballs_kit_artwork.jpg

People called Romans they go the house

Leigh had sold out today but expect more tomorrow as clubs return them, mate left it late and bought/reserved 4 of tomorrows batch.

I mean I guess this is my point, there seems to be a lot of noise about Saturday - not much about Sunday yet.

I assume you can buy general stadium tickets on the day? I'm not going to be able to know if my group is definitely going to be able to go until pretty late on.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Not sure I like that Leigh kit, but I do love the effort to create something unique (pretty much matches my feelings about the Bradford kit). Looks a bit dark though against the Bradford kit - have the RFL thought this through.

oddballs_kit_artwork.jpg

I initially thought that was the dance troupe that would be entertaining the crowd between games.

Almost the right shirt, the club sponsor has given up the front for the charity the club is supporting on the day, all shirt proceeds plus other fundraising going via the charity to Alder Hey. Shirts were to order and fans could have the heritage number of choice on the front. The shorts are a beach holiday must though, don't you think.CiarUCbWkAAxYVO.jpg

The Leigh kit should inspire some Roman-style fancy dress among the fans.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived