Bulgaria Wolves v Red Star Belgrade

I wouldn't read too much into it.

It was nowhere near their strongest side.

Who cares anyway.  They did a great thing going down there and it's great for the game that the hosts won!  We all want them to take a liking to Rugby League (most are coming straight from union) so hopefully the win gives them just that bit of extra encouragement needed!

the game has actively been played in Serbia for 24 years 53-64 and 2001 to now whilst in Bulgaria it is about 2 months old. 

Serbia can really gain a lot from attracting some good Bulgarian players to their club sides i believe so both countries can lean on one another with mutual benefit. 

The Serbians seem quite pleasantly extraordinarily keen, on what is apparently a budget of next to nothing, to actively spread the game! Should be supported.

Serbia could be another PNG in terms of League being more institutionally popular than Union.

I know that field well - have played on it a couple of times.

Good to see a new nation taking up the game.  Union is in disarray in Bulgaria compared to where it once was - RL could easily find a small niche there.

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

It was nowhere near their strongest side.

Who cares anyway.  They did a great thing going down there and it's great for the game that the hosts won!  We all want them to take a liking to Rugby League (most are coming straight from union) so hopefully the win gives them just that bit of extra encouragement needed!

Well put Langpark, from what the president at Red Star tells me who i know on a personal level the Bulgarians are really taking a liking to our game. 

I know that field well - have played on it a couple of times.

Good to see a new nation taking up the game.  Union is in disarray in Bulgaria compared to where it once was - RL could easily find a small niche there.

Serbia was always a far more League nation then Union nation all the way back to the early 50's but the Communist put a halt to this because Croatia favored Union. 

I'm proud that Serbia is a Rugby League nation and i hope more then anything the game prospers it deserves too but we need help from everyone else cant prosper on their own. 

Serbia was always a far more League nation then Union nation all the way back to the early 50's but the Communist put a halt to this because Croatia favored Union. 

I'm proud that Serbia is a Rugby League nation and i hope more then anything the game prospers it deserves too but we need help from everyone else cant prosper on their own.

I always found it odd that the party of the people favoured the game of the ruling classes.

rldfsignature.jpg

The Serbians seem quite pleasantly extraordinarily keen, on what is apparently a budget of next to nothing, to actively spread the game! Should be supported.

Serbia could be another PNG in terms of League being more institutionally popular than Union.

But in PNG, rl is the 1st sport.

That will never happen in Serbia (given the following soccer and Basketball have)

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

But in PNG, rl is the 1st sport.

That will never happen in Serbia (given the following soccer and Basketball have)

No one is saying that will happen.  What they are saying is that RL in Serbia has built such a solid foundation, while RU in Serbia is struggling, that as a result League is much stronger than Union there.  I don't think many countries in the world can say that that is the case.  Australia and PNG are the only ones I can think of.  Maybe Lebanon, but I have not idea about the state of Union there.

No one is saying that will happen.  What they are saying is that RL in Serbia has built such a solid foundation, while RU in Serbia is struggling, that as a result League is much stronger than Union there.  I don't think many countries in the world can say that that is the case.  Australia and PNG are the only ones I can think of.  Maybe Lebanon, but I have not idea about the state of Union there.

League is by far the dominant code in Lebanon. So much so that it's also the dominant code in schools and universities which must be unique in the RL playing world.

No one is saying that will happen. What they are saying is that RL in Serbia has built such a solid foundation, while RU in Serbia is struggling, that as a result League is much stronger than Union there. I don't think many countries in the world can say that that is the case. Australia and PNG are the only ones I can think of. Maybe Lebanon, but I have not idea about the state of Union there.

I wonder if the aim is developing RL or beating RU

RU in Serbia is as alive as Michael Jackson which makes me happy ( not the Jackson been dead part )

League in Serbia needs support of fans around the world people willing to coach juniors is especially crucial.

Of course it is and I'm very happy for that. 

I was just focusing on just beating ru not the real issue. 

Archived