Sky take over by Fox.

User Actions

Muted political response to Murdoch's bid for Sky. Only Vince Cable robust. Labour timid. Murdoch will be encouraged.

•  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Wishing something to be true, hoping something to be true, believing somthing to be true and needing something to be true does not actually make that thing true.

Oh really?

I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. "That’s easy," he replied. "When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

Anthony Hilton, The Evening Standard

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Wishing something to be true, hoping something to be true, believing somthing to be true and needing something to be true does not actually make that thing true.

Likewise pretending something isn't true, ignoring the truth, turning a blind eye to the truth and needing something not to be true doesn't change the truth

On well, it must be true then if it was in the papers. You know the old joke about the pawnbrokers sign, I assume?

Ah yes, the post truth age; only believe the things you agree with.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Surely no government, not even one as supine as this one can afford for Murdoch to become any more powerful?  Why, when he had Rupert on the hook, didn't Cameron reel him in and disembowel him (metaphorically)  Presumably because he thought the Tories had more to lose from a Murdoch fall from grace.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Surely no government, not even one as supine as this one can afford for Murdoch to become any more powerful? Why, when he had Rupert on the hook, didn't Cameron reel him in and disembowel him (metaphorically) Presumably because he thought the Tories had more to lose from a Murdoch fall from grace.

Because Cameron knew that only leaders backed by Murdoch's main publications win general elections.

Archived