FACT

tandle

the last three games points against 152 points for 38 we have got big big problems need about 6 new players quick or whitebank here we come should make a lot of people happy to be back at crime side with gates of 200.

Todays score wasn't a complete surprise to be honest,now we have to crack on.I agree with Charlie on his above post.We need to perform in our next few games.They are pivotal to our season. Let's hope the boys can find the grit and resilience to tough it out for our remaining games.If we could stay up,they would be regarded as heroes by everyone at the club I'm sure.Come on boys,come on Oldham!!!!!!.

It's all well and good keeping heads up. We are being beaten considerably since Warrington. We have a squad that's injured and a chairman that wants fans to attend. Get real Chris people aren't going to spend money unless we have a competing squad. We have no experienced heads and no one is going to pay £17 to get cricket scores every game. But we shall hear apology after apology from the mangement and that's not going to stop us from being relegated. Survival was more important than the challenge cup. I'm sorry money's tight in my house and won't be thinking about attending Stalybridge unless there is a massive improvement. Even we had to accept the red button match on Sky

The lads are sweating blood for us, the reaction to the supporters who travelled today said everything. Wether we stay up or go down the commitment of the players cannot be questioned.Moan all you want, fact is we will most likely see the season out with what we have. Get behind the lads next week in what is a definate 4 pointer. Come on Oldham, we can do this!

Why is everyone so negative at the start of the season I didn't expect us to beat any full time teams we have beat 2. Yes we have been smashed in a few games on the trot but honestly at the start of the season with arguably our two best players playing for Sheffield and then josh Crowley packing in soon after did you expect us to be in a different situation without the loss of these three we were on paper the second worse team in the league and guess where we are second bottom there are still games to play that can turn our season around so instead of scapegoating Hamilton ( yes it would be nice if he was a rich Arab oil digger who could invest lots of cash into the club) let's get behind the lads because from the Bradford game they were still up for for playing rugby in this division and hadn't given up so I fail to see why some fans have

IF the worst came to the worst, IF......we went back down, I think there would be a shift in mental attitude for the team, in that, they have proved that they can do well enough to be promoted and go up a league....its not the same as the 9 years before we got promoted, whereby we got beat every time we made the playoffs, (which obviously must crush self esteem, morale, positive mental attitude etc)

This time, if we did play in the league down again, at least the team would be buoyed by the fact that they CAN and did get promoted, so would be in a better place as regards to mental and emotional fitness (as important as physical fitness)

Of course we dont want to be relegated, who does, but, should that happen, it might just give them the impetus through the experiences of a) getting promoted after so long of being the bridesmaid, and b )they have had experience of playing in a higher league (which they havent had before) so could tailor their time back down into solving the problems that have beset them in this league...because lets face it, you can imagine all you want, how its going to be in league one, but untill you have lived it, played it and suffered it, you will never know and appreciate just how much harder it is.

however, im determined to be eating my words in this post when we totally avoid relegation and going back to Whitebank :)

I had a feeling we'd lose these games but for me the worst result today was Swinton winning,

We need to get a result next time and then build from there

There is no point moaning about Chris, he has assembled a decent but small squad we just need to finish 3 from bottom and then it's been a success

Clifford you must be joking!!! Take your blinkers off.

He has lost players of quality to Sheffield. He has based his squad on Huddersfield allowing better quality players come here at no cost to him and because of the situation there it is not happening.

This is HIS company and he has to provide the finance to make it successful and quite simply he has not got the money.

The only way this club will go forward is from other people with a commercial nouse being involved and that will never happen.

Wwg has a point I'm afraid but Clifford is well aware of it.

I fear more is at stake than what division we play in next year.

How many of the core squad will remain if we go down.

How many home fans will turn up at Whitebank when it's another year more decayed. Will Whitebank even meet the standard for the lower league.

Will the coach stay.

How will we generate enough finance to service the clubs massive liabilities and maintain a competitive team, or any team at all. Hemel, Oxford and Coventry bring a lot less fans and revenue than Bradford, Leigh and Halifax.

What happens with the dual reg agreement....it's a very one sided affair but it's does add some depth to the squad and got us access to SL training facilities and ideas.

I think if we are relegated you might be asked to pay 20 quid to get into Whitebank to watch a team that isn't very competitive. Not many people are gonna keep doing that. The club may become unsustainable within a year.

It's too early for all the doom and gloom. Yes we have been heaviliy beaten recently but at least two of those games it would have been half expected.

We have 12 games to play and we are likely to play twice against swinton, workington, whitehaven and sheffield.

If Scott gets the luxury of some players back and can pick a similar side every week then who knows what might happen. 

I am far from a ch fan, he ripped up the goodwill of the band of 5 and rugby oldham. I was taken for a fool that's why I don't attend.

Ch won't leave he had invested time and he believes that it's ch rugby league club not oldham

If we are relegated Christ knows what will happen

i was at london yesterday after the game the players came down to the small group of travelling supporters and really appreciated the support we had given them through out the game you could see from the expressions on there faces that they were genuinley upset that they had lost the game these guys busted thier guts to play this game and lets not forget london are full time proffessional rugby players after the game the some supporters and some players greeted each other and you could see that some player were busted and playing with injuries phil joy's hand was severely swollen jamal's finger is a mess and needs an operation on it but he is playing on until the end of the season before having it fixed and quite a few other players are carrying knocks some people on this message board dont see this and dont realize what these players go through each week to play for the roughyeds how many of us would do a days work then go and play a game of rugby when you are injured please realize the commitment these guys put in for this club they are hurting as much as the supporters are about the recent results and are trying to put things right but all the negativity some people are giving them doesn't help and will not help there morale so please try whatever your feelings are to support the lads and not keep slagging them off as they are a great bunch of lads and are playing there hearts out every week and need our support and encouragement to push them on lets get as many fans as we can attending the remaining games and support the lads 

The championship is imbalanced due to the funding arrangements that discriminate against the part time outfits that get here on sheer team effort and a shoestring budget.

But for all that little part time Oldham Beat Hull KR!  These lads can certainly do it on their day!

We have said all along that we need to stay up. That would be an achievement. We still have a chance with home games against Workington, Whitehaven, Swinton and Sheffield away. The lads will burst a gut trying and who knows we might just make it! Let's get behind them and do our bit. Let's worry about Whitebank and League 1 if we go down but for now let's enjoy Championship rugby and back our lads. 

Archived