So what happened?

DEANO

No, it means that most of the 100 or so attendees don't visit this site any more but there are comments on KISS and Facebook. Personally I thought that JG came out of it pretty well in an open forum(there were pre submitted questions which were dealt with first) although there was some blood letting which was conducted with civility and in the end both sides agreeing to differ. New owners are in place apparently and it is now a question of dotting the Is and crossing the Ts. Pat and Ed's father, Dr Smith summed it up the best I thought when he opined that all the bitterness and conflict which had occurred was water under the bridge and that we should all unite and move the club forward.

What happened at the carefully picked "random" questions and answers session

I assume jg has done nothing wrong and it's all the councils fault

Got it in one Deano.

The first thing I must say is that I regretted going against my original decision to give this meeting a miss.

As feared, instead of going graciously JG couldn't resist taking a pop at York City Council and York City FC as well as accusing the supporters club of misappropriating funds which was strenuously denied by Gary H. In fact, JG actually said that at the public meeting at the folk hall council officials LIED about what was on offer for the Knights regarding the proposed new stadium. JG went on to say that he believed that his approach to recent events had been right and that given his time again he would do exactly the same. This did tend to remind me of a quote by the former England football manager Roy Hodgson who stated after his sides abysmal performance in the world cup "that looking back he wouldn't have done anything differently".

As noted above by David it could be argued that JG did quite well at the forum, but I must add that his task was made somewhat easier when I would hazard a guess that 95% of those present were dyed in the wool Guildford supporters who had come to support and officially say goodbye to their beloved leader. In fact, with the hugs and kisses that he received from some of his acolytes as he made his entrance one could have been momentarily mistaken that we were at a Donald Trump rally.

Earlier this year 2,200 rugby league fans turned up at Bootham Crescent to Watch York Acorn take on the Knights. My only wish yesterday was that many of those 1500 fans who never returned to watch the Knights for the rest of the season could have turned up to the meeting and explained to JG and his followers why they have deserted York City Knights. Perhaps they might have said that their lack of support has nothing to do with the council or the football club but more to do with the way OUR club has been run over the last few years? Just a thought.

As David said above Mr Smith appealed to all to try to put all the conflict and bitterness behind us and move forward for the good of OUR  club. This of course is to be applauded.

I left yesterdays meeting having learned nothing new from what I had already read in the local Press. But I did at least leave with three positives. Firstly, that there are still many loyal followers of the club who are willing to continue supporting the club, regardless of their differing opinions of the current regime.

Secondly, James Ford reiterated his Press statement that he is ready and able to take the Knights into next season with new ownership.

And thirdly, that John Guildford has reiterated that he agrees that the time is right for him to now leave the club.

Amen to that!

Thanks for the post Peter, glad i couldnt go, the last thing i need is to listen to a load more cods wallop, time to move forward now.

Time to move forward? Might be worth someone telling Mr. Guildford that, rather than him sitting up all night ranting at the council and YCFC on Twitter, again.

He's really not helping the future of the club doing that, especially when the "new owners" are in talks with the council & YCFC about next season.

So, Mr. Guildford, whether you're right or wrong (and you're never wrong are you?) it's time to just bow out now. You're going apparently...

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

I never involve myself in social media Simon but thanks for keeping a lookout,did this twitter activity take place last night or Saturday night? Either way this area appears to be a side of JG that his friends/supporters are unaware of or choose to ignore.

I never involve myself in social media Simon but thanks for keeping a lookout,did this twitter activity take place last night or Saturday night? Either way this area appears to be a side of JG that his friends/supporters are unaware of or choose to ignore.

Last night & now Peter. 

The irony of this one from last night aimed at the Conservative Councillor Chris Steward is unbelievable really: https://postimg.org/image/6bzr2vrzr/

The rest of it is like trying to read when you've got a migraine: https://twitter.com/johnycknights/with_replies

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Who are the new mooted owners?

There appears to be some gossip going on over on the Featherstone forum: http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=291496

• 4 weeks later...

Archived