29 Sept: SL Play Off Semi Final 1: Warrington Wolves v St Helens KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • St Helens
    • Draw
  2. 2. How many times will Eddie mention Saints' record at the Halliwell Jones Stadium?

• Never
    • Once
    • Twice
    • A billion

Discuss the first SL Play Off Semi Final between Warrington and St Helens here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much to anticipate here...

Wane's last game? More likely than not. At least he battered Saints in his last Derby and has brought on some talented young English players. As long as se can get cavalry in to replace the long term/career ending injured there is hope for the future with a new coach.

I think that Sam's injury is the straw that will break the camel's back but that we will give everything to the last second. The key issue with injuries (plus a suspension) is the cumulative affect - being without Sam, Manfredi, Clubb (good luck mate), Flower, Mossop, McIllorum, Joel and Lockers means we need ALL of Tierney, Gildart, Sutton, Shorrocks and the Brev to stand up to the most successful side in the league. It would be a truly heroic effort to compete and to win would be an achievement to match Brisbane away. But it is a very long shot indeed. Still, they will do us proud.

Wrong thread! Arrgh!!!

Wire to win at a canter when they realise how much better they are.

Well folks, up to now only one person has voted on the Eddie poll and they've gone for a billion.

Wane's last game? More likely than not. At least he battered Saints in his last Derby and has brought on some talented young English players. As long as se can get cavalry in to replace the long term/career ending injured there is hope for the future with a new coach.

I think that Sam's injury is the straw that will break the camel's back but that we will give everything to the last second. The key issue with injuries (plus a suspension) is the cumulative affect - being without Sam, Manfredi, Clubb (good luck mate), Flower, Mossop, McIllorum, Joel and Lockers means we need ALL of Tierney, Gildart, Sutton, Shorrocks and the Brev to stand up to the most successful side in the league. It would be a truly heroic effort to compete and to win would be an achievement to match Brisbane away. But it is a very long shot indeed. Still, they will do us proud.

Wrong thread! Arrgh!!!

ive done it mate elsewhere lol

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Looking forward to this (and tomorrow).  The best final for the game has got to be Wire v Hull but I have got a nagging feeling that we could be seeing Saints v Wigan.

I'm really hoping that KC plays Turner in the centres and brings Fages in as I think Turner is a better centre than Peyroux and Fages is a better half than Turner but I suspect that he'll stick with the status quo.  If Saints are ahead with 20 mins to go then I think they'll nick it.

Wrong thread! Arrgh!!!

I will look at the wigan thread to read your thoughts on saints lol...

I think it will be a wigan saints final....

Looking forward to this (and tomorrow). The best final for the game has got to be Wire v Hull but I have got a nagging feeling that we could be seeing Saints v Wigan.

I'm really hoping that KC plays Turner in the centres and brings Fages in as I think Turner is a better centre than Peyroux and Fages is a better half than Turner but I suspect that he'll stick with the status quo. If Saints are ahead with 20 mins to go then I think they'll nick it.

Really?

They already played 2 finals together in the last month...

The best result would be saints wigan final....would sell out IMO...

Hull couldn't sell out for LLS!

Really?

They already played 2 finals together in the last month...

One final

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Really?

They already played 2 finals together in the last month...

I think that with the type of play that we have seen from Saints and Wigan this year it is hardly the most entertaining.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love Saints to win and to do it against the pies would be all the sweeter.  But I think that that game could be a fantastically tense one for anyone with a vested interest but a bit boring for the neutral.

Though I do take your point about having a repeat of the CC.  Maybe we could just have Saints beat Hull in a thriller instead?

I've picked a Warrington win in the thread vote, but St Helens' ropey early season form has been replaced with some steel in more recent months. Neither result would surprise me.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Get your point but the game at Hull was winner takes all (trophy extra cash and a home semi in play offs)

Yes but we're rubbish at home so wanted to be away in the SF and Warrington have a great record at home v Saints...

Uh oh, think I got it wrong again...

I think that with the type of play that we have seen from Saints and Wigan this year it is hardly the most entertaining. Don't get me wrong, I'd love Saints to win and to do it against the pies would be all the sweeter. But I think that that game could be a fantastically tense one for anyone with a vested interest but a bit boring for the neutral.

Though I do take your point about having a repeat of the CC. Maybe we could just have Saints beat Hull in a thriller instead?

It would be an easy sell as well with a repeat of 2014?

Although we could have a repeat of 06?

Although wolves could brake their hoodoo?

It would be an easy sell as well with a repeat of 2014?

Although we could have a repeat of 06?

Although wolves could brake their hoodoo?

As fantastic as 2014 was for us Saints fans (only time I've seen Saints win at OT and a great night out after) I don't think that the game will be remembered for that much other than Ben Flower's moment of madness.

Anyway, teams are out for tonight.  Unfortunately I was right, no Fages and still have Peyroux at centre and Turner at stand off, and Richards starting as well just to add the cherry on the top.  It could be a grind, just as KC loves.  Warrington starting line up looks good but the bench looks v young.  Could be a very nervous 2nd half.

Never ever expected a wire win last week and I still think tonight is sadly our last game this season.

The boys have done exceptionally well this year with new halves and forwards, I'm extremely proud of them and a Wembley appearance and the LLS is a dream as I've followed them for 33 years and seen some ######.

Here's to a great game to match a wonderful season as a wire fan

Archived