Club running risk of losing players?

christheram

Not heard much yet on re signings. Many talk of players leaving. Surely the club have to act quick to secure re signings??? And new signings?? If other clubs are doing it, why are we so slow?? The club should stay up, most likely finish 7th, 8th. It can't be that hard to know what budget roughly we will be working on? Rate we're going we will have a very thin squad next season with even less quality as all the better players in league could already be re signed or signed up at other clubs. Discuss??? Just starting to be concerned at how slow we are becoming or am I concerned at nothing?? Wilsden ram?? Maybe you can give us some news here?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know we have already signed Guzdek, Sykes, Crookes and Teanby. At least five are leaving for other clubs, offers have been made to others and two (+) are retiring.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Christheram - hope this gives a bit of insight.

Most of the Players who will leave will do so for far bigger deals (maybe full-time) than we can afford.  As many

people have commented, the main deals have already been done for next season - some as early as May! 

Some of the offers now being made to players at this level, would mean that even with £200,000 prize money we could

afford about 8 players of the quality we would all like to see at the Rams and 16 players to complete the squad. 

Hopefully if our income streams come to fruition with the new facilities around the ground we can invest more in the

playing Budget in future years.  However, we will not be able to match clubs such as

Leigh  -  unlimited resources  -  chasing a Super League place

Bradford  -  our fan base x 6 at higher prices - chasing a return to SL.

Halifax  -  investing the cash boost from last year wisely and probably

£50 - £75k more than us this year.  Building Foundations

to secure the future as we are trying to do.

London Broncos  -  Massive investment from the owner since

Super League relegation  -  chasing a return to SL..

Toulouse  -  probably in the Championship next Season with

massive backing and a full-time squad.  Chasing Super League ASAP.

Featherstone  -  Top four finish would mean even more spending

next Season.  If not then..............

Batley  -  even though it hurts me to say it, I hope they do finish in the top 4

and get the £400,000+ prize.  I am sure they will use it wisely.

Whatever arguments you put forward, these clubs should be the top 7 next

Season  -  money talks.  Players move for money, with only a few showing

loyalty - luckily we have 2 or 3 who will do so.  Some even want an automatic

pay rise every year to stay with the club, despite the on - field decline.

The Rams will do their utmost in the final 7 games of the season to maintain

our current position or even improve it if possible.  If we finish 7th or 8th we will

be funded as this year but without any Transfer Fees to boost the pot.  Any lower

and ????????  Success in the Shield and the prize money would be invested in the Squad.

As I have said before more help from our Fan-base is needed, as I suggested £2.00

per week from 500 people would boost the squad-builder to £62,000 pa instead of 

its current £12,000 pa of which 3 people contribute over £3,500.  The playing Budget

could then be £262,000 giving 3 -4 extra quality players. I understand that one club

in the Championship benefits by more than £100k pa from its Squad-builder.  I am

also sure that BISSA performs better than us.  This is great VAT free money.

Some of our fans have walked away this year and left us losing money on lots of Home Games

we have won, such as Sunday.  We have had the boost of the Challenge Cup games but

I believe that the average league gates will be down in 2016.  The extra money from the

Cup games has been spent on Loan Players and medical expenses as a result of our

Injury situation.

I can understand to some degree why fans become disgruntled and criticise the Club.

All I would say is that without MS, the Amber Ribbon and a host of volunteers, there would

not be a club to have a go at.  We cannot afford PR and Marketing, we rely on volunteers. 

Certain information cannot be made public, until we are given the green light to do so.

Perhaps some of the critics would like to give a few hours of their time to help out at the

club and they would then have an appreciation of the efforts taken just to stage a match, 

produce a match day programme, maintain the facilities or send out a mail-shot.

MS will not spend money that is not secured by Funding, Sponsorship or Season Ticket sales etc.

So, if we have to wait to sign a full squad of players then that is how it has to be.

Personally, I do not believe we will be running a Reserve Team next Season, a great shame.

Finally, I am envious of one certain local Super League who have had a disastrous Season after

being Champions - their crowd on Friday was at the same level as last season.

Isnt Tom coates involved in your p.r anymore. He did a sterling job

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Christheram - hope this gives a bit of insight.

Most of the Players who will leave will do so for far bigger deals (maybe full-time) than we can afford.  As many

people have commented, the main deals have already been done for next season - some as early as May! 

Some of the offers now being made to players at this level, would mean that even with £200,000 prize money we could

afford about 8 players of the quality we would all like to see at the Rams and 16 players to complete the squad. 

Hopefully if our income streams come to fruition with the new facilities around the ground we can invest more in the

playing Budget in future years.  However, we will not be able to match clubs such as

Leigh  -  unlimited resources  -  chasing a Super League place

Bradford  -  our fan base x 6 at higher prices - chasing a return to SL.

Halifax  -  investing the cash boost from last year wisely and probably

£50 - £75k more than us this year.  Building Foundations

to secure the future as we are trying to do.

London Broncos  -  Massive investment from the owner since

Super League relegation  -  chasing a return to SL..

Toulouse  -  probably in the Championship next Season with

massive backing and a full-time squad.  Chasing Super League ASAP.

Featherstone  -  Top four finish would mean even more spending

next Season.  If not then..............

Batley  -  even though it hurts me to say it, I hope they do finish in the top 4

and get the £400,000+ prize.  I am sure they will use it wisely.

Whatever arguments you put forward, these clubs should be the top 7 next

Season  -  money talks.  Players move for money, with only a few showing

loyalty - luckily we have 2 or 3 who will do so.  Some even want an automatic

pay rise every year to stay with the club, despite the on - field decline.

The Rams will do their utmost in the final 7 games of the season to maintain

our current position or even improve it if possible.  If we finish 7th or 8th we will

be funded as this year but without any Transfer Fees to boost the pot.  Any lower

and ????????  Success in the Shield and the prize money would be invested in the Squad.

As I have said before more help from our Fan-base is needed, as I suggested £2.00

per week from 500 people would boost the squad-builder to £62,000 pa instead of 

its current £12,000 pa of which 3 people contribute over £3,500.  The playing Budget

could then be £262,000 giving 3 -4 extra quality players. I understand that one club

in the Championship benefits by more than £100k pa from its Squad-builder.  I am

also sure that BISSA performs better than us.  This is great VAT free money.

Some of our fans have walked away this year and left us losing money on lots of Home Games

we have won, such as Sunday.  We have had the boost of the Challenge Cup games but

I believe that the average league gates will be down in 2016.  The extra money from the

Cup games has been spent on Loan Players and medical expenses as a result of our

Injury situation.

I can understand to some degree why fans become disgruntled and criticise the Club.

All I would say is that without MS, the Amber Ribbon and a host of volunteers, there would

not be a club to have a go at.  We cannot afford PR and Marketing, we rely on volunteers. 

Certain information cannot be made public, until we are given the green light to do so.

Perhaps some of the critics would like to give a few hours of their time to help out at the

club and they would then have an appreciation of the efforts taken just to stage a match, 

produce a match day programme, maintain the facilities or send out a mail-shot.

MS will not spend money that is not secured by Funding, Sponsorship or Season Ticket sales etc.

So, if we have to wait to sign a full squad of players then that is how it has to be.

Personally, I do not believe we will be running a Reserve Team next Season, a great shame.

Finally, I am envious of one certain local Super League who have had a disastrous Season after

being Champions - their crowd on Friday was at the same level as last season.

Thanks for that WR.

Isnt Tom coates involved in your p.r anymore. He did a sterling job

I believe that Tom is quite busy earning a living. His work for the Rams was purely voluntary but didn't provide for many fish suppers.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Cheers for that WR. Add Scot Hale to that too BSJ

Yep - I did say "as far as I know".  :pickeat:

Thanks for that WR.

DR for us next season then ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

DR for us next season then ?

With Batley maybe? Save on bus fares.

As far as I know we have already signed Guzdek, Sykes, Crookes and Teanby. At least five are leaving for other clubs, offers have been made to others and two (+) are retiring.

Dalton and Grady both leaving unfortunately.

Cant blame either.  Playing on the side he does Dalton only sees the ball twice a game and  Grady must be missing  a decent scrum half...

Lets hope Scott Hale and Rob Spicer manage more than 4 games between them, they must be due a bit of good luck..

Need to keep Stringer and Groat and get a coach who will allow them to offload...

Cant blame either.  Playing on the side he does Dalton only sees the ball twice a game and  Grady must be missing  a decent scrum half...

Lets hope Scott Hale and Rob Spicer manage more than 4 games between them, they must be due a bit of good luck..

Need to keep Stringer and Groat and get a coach who will allow them to offload...

Where's Grady going, Nick?

He's a player I've reluctantly admired for a while.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Groat has told some fans that he won't be with us next season. Moving to a bigger club apparently, FT too.

Depressing!!!   Which are rumours... which is fact??? ..... any rumours of any new faces????

We are a stable club with a chairman who won't mortgage the future ...... Whatever, the club can count on my support next season ..... I just hope the leavers play with a bit more heart than certain leavers played in the shield games last year!!

From where I stand there hasn't been the togetherness this year as there was last ..... so my wish is whoever signs next year ... they have to be real team players.... until then.... Come on Rams 2016 our future is in your hands!!!

Where's Grady going, Nick?

He's a player I've reluctantly admired for a while.

Not privy to his destination but he's off. Superb centre who would do well with any team that had half backs who could release him. Was outstanding alongside Thacks.

Groat has told some fans that he won't be with us next season. Moving to a bigger club apparently, FT too.

Gutted. Just starting to flourish and believe he could be very good next season. Reckon he could off load for Britain given a chance.

Not privy to his destination but he's off. Superb centre who would do well with any team that had half backs who could release him. Was outstanding alongside Thacks.

Thanks. He always seems to do well against us. I wouldn't complain if he moved over to MP. I'm sure Brambani would serve him as well as Thackery.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

We have been here before when Fev signed Bostock, Finn, England and Lockwood and will no doubt again. It seems the RFL are prepared to make the Championship into a two tier competition in their desperation to try and get a team promoted. It is just wasting money on making FT players out of players not good enough for SL, which is already a poor standard in comparison to the NRL. How long this experiment on throwing money at the top few CC clubs will let remains to be seen. And on top of that you need a sugar dadd ready to throw huge amounts in on top. It makes licensing clubs look like a great idea.

We will have to settle for 7th at best again next season. And a for this season, if we can avoid any more injuries, we might have a chance of the shield final as whoever doesn't make it from current top 6 may be in dire straits......

So we look almost certain to lose 4 or 5. Farrel (Batley-10k more signing on fee) Grant( FT contract with London) Grady( Fax, Fev or Toronto??) Groat ( FT club??? Bradford??) Morton (Fev aparantly???) On top of this Heppy and Jackson will retire. Certainly need some quality replacements.... Walshaw perminantly to replace Grady??? Stringer resigning is surely a must too?? Also York have gone bust, any decent players we could get there???

If Faz is off over the valley they'll hate it every time he's played against em he gets call nowt other than a dirty player. Mind you I bet it's interesting to see how quick opinions change.

I'll be sorry to Dalton and Grady go and would love to keep hold of them both.Groat hasn't impressed me completely this season and despite what some say I think we'll miss Dale.

It would be nice for the club to make an official press release of who we've retained so far and any confirmed departures.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing ..... but where would we be this year if we had not tried to run a reserve team .... laudable as it was ... without it we could have invested in the first team squad and might have done a Batley!!!

I am worried that the departures are not just a funding issue but a sign of deeper unrest in the squad, which money couldn't fix!!

Without the reserves next year I would imagine the playing budget would be similar to this year, so all is not lost financially!!! ... the problem as I see it is how do we recreate the team spirit that was the 2015 Rams ..... Can GM still do it? can he attract the players we need? or is he past his sell by date??

Of course I / we could be completely wrong .. what we get at this time of year is rumours .. very little will be confirmed until after the last match of the season...

The Budget for next year will be governed by the prize money for our finishing position - after the

8's.

If we finish 9 - 10 it will be as low as £175k. 7 - 8 would bring £200 as this year but

please remember that we have had this boosted by a Transfer Fee in 2016.

5 - 6 would bring £225k ++ Plate success rewards.

Also please remember that the club does not Budget for extra Medical Fees and Loan Deals

to cover for an injury list such as ours in 2016. This has to be funded as and when it arises.

Mark tried to please the fans and help player development by agreeing to run a Reserve Team but

it has been another cost burden on the club, partly offset by the welcome sponsorship of Whitegates.

As far as I know, there is no deep unrest, just players wanting to get fixed up for next year 2/3 of

the way through this year. In the circumstances as they appear, there may be less Professional playing

places available in the 2017 Season!!!!!!

Financially there are other issues to manage with lower average league attendance levels and reduced bar

incomes (especially in the Royal Suite).

With Faz, I can see another Sean Richardson scenario. When he played for us he was the dirtiest Player in

the game but when he played for Batley he was the best second row forward in the Championship!

If Faz is off over the valley they'll hate it every time he's played against em he gets call nowt other than a dirty player. Mind you I bet it's interesting to see how quick opinions change.

I'll be sorry to Dalton and Grady go and would love to keep hold of them both.Groat hasn't impressed me completely this season and despite what some say I think we'll miss Dale.

It would be nice for the club to make an official press release of who we've retained so far and any confirmed departures.

I understand that the players already signed for next season are: Sykes, Guzdek, Crookes, Teanby & Hale. Jackson and Pryce are retiring and I suspect that Hepworth will do the same. I believe that we are talking to a half back as well, which would be nice.

Until we get into the 8's we don't know what budget we will have next year, nor which league we will be playing in; this makes it very difficult to sign players up just yet. As a contrast it is reported that Leigh have offered Jarryd Hayne as much as our total budget just to play for them in the 8's - that would make Wally Lewis's deal with Wakefield look like chicken feed.

Archived