Challenge Trophy QF draw

I think Parkside are at Thatto Hunsletgreenandgold which will probably be the game I go to.

Yeah you're quite right - bit of team biased creeped in then putting them first  ;)

Should be a great tie - When we played them in first round of Challenge Cup it was a very close game so I'd expect the same again. 

I saw Thatto at Hunslet Warriors a few weeks back and they are a good side,very fast backs and big forwards who look to spend a lot of time in their local gym!I went to watch Parkside at Leigh Miners and was impressed by their huge pack who give them lots of go forward.!I can see why they are both top of their Leagues!Should be a cracker! 

The truth is everyone can beat each other on the day. Some of the results this season have been bizarre.

I wouldn't discount Pats, being a Pats lad of course, but you have Thatto and Parkside putting in some solid performances plus East Leeds can be a handful if they all turn up. Mayfield are always highly competative and well drilled on their own turf!.

it only needs a couple of injuries this weekend and it could open it up to anyone

Best team won on the night, but the local officials were shocking

Never thought of Barrow as being local,yes he was bad,but he wasn't helped by Mafields tactics on the night,anyways best of luck,should be a good game,depending on which St Pats team turns up.

Congratulations to hunslet who were far better than thatto today. The referee however was nowhere near up to a game of that standard. Inconsistent all the way through and refereed the game at a speed that allowed him to keep up.

Congratulations to hunslet who were far better than thatto today. The referee however was nowhere near up to a game of that standard. Inconsistent all the way through and refereed the game at a speed that allowed him to keep up.

Yes agree , Ref spoilted it for both teams.....

Best side won. No arguments. Hunslet will be a tough side for anyone to beat. However I've no idea how the ref managed to find 26 penalties (evenly split - 12 to Thatto and 14 for Hunslet by my count) and 2 sin-binnings in a game that was played in good spirits. Two good sides that weren't allowed to get into any sort of flow thanks to a bloke with a whistle.

I know at this level it is all about developing the referees as well and I fully accept that, and on the whole I think that you get more good than bad. Shame that a potentially great cup quarter final was spoiled on this occasion.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

Yeah I can't argue with any of the above. Ref was poor and stopped the game ever really getting any decent momentum. 

We'd heard a rumour before we came over Thatto had 5 out at a wedding, so if that was true then all credit to the lads that stepped in for them - gave it a real go. 

Twice we've been over to Thatto this year and thankfully come away with narrow wins each time. Great club that were very welcoming and can take the in-game banter for what it is (unlike some). Sure they'll get promoted back up to prem this year but if they don't we'll look forward to visiting/hosting them next season when we'll hopefully be in Div 1. 

Yes the ref did blow the pea out of his whistle but the difference to me was the way the big Hunslet pack broke the Thatto defensive line especially Fields,Stubley and Murphy and scored their tries from backing up these breaks.They dominated the middle and Miles was completing 3 out of 6 tackles for a lot of sets!

I said early in the post who ever got on top in the forwards would win gl to hcp can see them getting to the final were I think play  Rochdale  whitch   should another cracking forward battle how doing blackbeard  not herd from u for a while

Yes the ref did blow the pea out of his whistle but the difference to me was the way the big Hunslet pack broke the Thatto defensive line especially Fields,Stubley and Murphy and scored their tries from backing up these breaks.They dominated the middle and Miles was completing 3 out of 6 tackles for a lot of sets!

that's the main feature of our game - forwards getting the roll on with big yards and quick play the balls and from that the 3/4 line backing up for any offload or whole they can be put it. Basic but it works very successfully at the moment.

I said early in the post who ever got on top in the forwards would win gl to hcp can see them getting to the final were I think play  Rochdale  whitch   should another cracking forward battle how doing blackbeard  not herd from u for a while

Doing fine Brassy , hope alls well at your end with Drig....

Archived