Same old Fev

marketram

Featherstone Rhinos have had to run to the SL for some players for the new season.

I can't stand dual-reg. I really thought the RFL would scrap it this time.

Whilst also going DR with Hunslet - sinister or what?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

we are running with a small squad this season, due (i assume) to financial difficulties. if players are brought in from Leeds to cover injuries, i can live with that, but if they are being brought in to displace our contracted players, then i don't agree with it.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Financial difficulties??

Didn't stop Fev shelling out 50k for Thackeray!

we are running with a small squad this season, due (i assume) to financial difficulties. if players are brought in from Leeds to cover injuries, i can live with that, but if they are being brought in to displace our contracted players, then i don't agree with it.

RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.

CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

Ok so thats how they are going to pay for Thacks!!  same story probably at Worky  with Sammut .... small squads .... topped up with  a bit of principle prostitution equals a marquee signing!!  ..... "precious will soon be mine!!"  all in pursuit of a top 4 position! .. on the quick!!  ..... castles build on sand! 

I can't help feeling it unlevels  the pitch a bit though!!   so my new years resolution is that the DR system is exposed for what it really is ....  

I stress these are only my opinions based on my observations ... and I welcome any comments that would dilute my complete contempt for this system

- its bad for team morale ( contracted players being displaced for DRs .. then recalled the following week... how would you feel if   it happened to you in your line of work)  ... Our game is a team game and a true team takes time and trust to build !!..

- its bad for a sustainable long term quality rugby league product... Oh but then again we all exist for the benefit of SL .. I forgot! 

- It might give the aspirational young SL players game time .. it does not teach them team ethics and the importance of watching your mates backs!

- IMO it actually pools and stifles growth of talent.

I could go on .... but then I find myself thinking what if we were offered Ashton Golding, Ash Handley, Jordan Lilley and Josh Walters ......  now there is the dilemma!!   I hope my principle would hold firm ... but!!!!

To me depends on how it's used we (Fev) were in DR with Wakefield last season but hardly ever used it, if it covers the odd injury, while not been over happy I can just about live with it anything more is sHorst term gain long term loss.

We played a lot of young lads in the shield competition and thought they did well would much rather see them play than anyone from Leeds but looking at the squad there are areas where we lack cover but I do wish there was another way.

Are Fev running a reserve team next year? I saw them play twice last season and they were a tidy set up.

If Fev paid 50 grand for Thacks, (which has not been confirmed from any official lines) and are not running their reserves, that costs about 25 grand a season, it means that they've sacrificed the chance to develop some of their emerging, young and probably local talent from being introduced to the club. All for the sake of an expensive luxury in One player.

Having Leeds players coming in is short term planning, and sending non selected Fev players to Hunslet is just so wwrong to me, when they should be accommodated within Fevs own club structure.

As you've probably worked out. I'm not a fan of the DR system, (especially when we had it) but I'm a big believer in the reserve competition as a way of developing another tier within the clubs playing structure.

I agree with you. I don't know if we are running a reserve team but will be a scandal if we don't. As I said to an extent I can understand if we use DR to cover injuries in the squad where we don't have the cover but fear that it won't be the case.

I remember back as an amateur player been dropped cos we cheated and played two district players from another club. I refused to play again and retired. Hope it doesn't lead to a similar situation at Fev

Heard from a good source on Sunday that their struggling to pay wages.

Heard the same thing from a ex sponsor, or and owing money to some ex players. We've got 50k for Thackeray heard it from a club official. Seems a shame that they won't be running a reserve side next year they seem to be paying certain players top dollar then making rest of the team up with Leeds Rhinos, when it suit's Leeds of course.

Heard the same thing from a ex sponsor, or and owing money to some ex players. We've got 50k for Thackeray heard it from a club official. Seems a shame that they won't be running a reserve side next year they seem to be paying certain players top dollar then making rest of the team up with Leeds Rhinos, when it suit's Leeds of course.

On the rfl website fixture's section we still have our reserves playing Fev on April 7 at home.Sad to see Fev going down this dangerous all or bust road,will be hard for a top 4 finish they will need to get extra money.Spend within your means sounds like good advice for 2016,Happy New Year.

Ok so thats how they are going to pay for Thacks!!  same story probably at Worky  with Sammut .... small squads .... topped up with  a bit of principle prostitution equals a marquee signing!!  ..... "precious will soon be mine!!"  all in pursuit of a top 4 position! .. on the quick!!  ..... castles build on sand! 

I can't help feeling it unlevels  the pitch a bit though!!   so my new years resolution is that the DR system is exposed for what it really is ....  

I stress these are only my opinions based on my observations ... and I welcome any comments that would dilute my complete contempt for this system

- its bad for team morale ( contracted players being displaced for DRs .. then recalled the following week... how would you feel if   it happened to you in your line of work)  ... Our game is a team game and a true team takes time and trust to build !!..

- its bad for a sustainable long term quality rugby league product... Oh but then again we all exist for the benefit of SL .. I forgot! 

- It might give the aspirational young SL players game time .. it does not teach them team ethics and the importance of watching your mates backs!

- IMO it actually pools and stifles growth of talent.

I could go on .... but then I find myself thinking what if we were offered Ashton Golding, Ash Handley, Jordan Lilley and Josh Walters ......  now there is the dilemma!!   I hope my principle would hold firm ... but!!!!

+1.

The voice of reason.  Time for DR to be completely scrapped.

Always admired feth, their building on the pitch and off it was admirable.

WAS

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Maybe they have the money but just dont pay on time, afterall winding up orders every 3 or 4 months is either bad management or lack of funds.

They did on one of their players who moved to Fax though, part of the agreement was that Fev would pay a good chunk of his wages for the season. Guess what? The player didnt see it and it ended up with Fax having to make his wages us otherwise he would have been struggling to pay his mortgage. I have no idea if Fax got that money back.

Maybe they have the money but just dont pay on time, afterall winding up orders every 3 or 4 months is either bad management or lack of funds.

They did ###### on one of their players who moved to Fax though, part of the agreement was that Fev would pay a good chunk of his wages for the season. Guess what? The player didnt see it and it ended up with Fax having to make his wages us otherwise he would have been struggling to pay his mortgage. I have no idea if Fax got that money back.

so you don't know it all then. just the juicy bits

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Hey its a brilliant plan.Squander your budget on a squad which is too small to compete in the league and then top up with loaners.Like i said b4 if they get winning and losing pay they will put a shift in.Expect em to do a shift for nowt and your wasting your time.

When d/r was first introduced, I thought it was to allow players not getting first team in the SL to get competitive games but for players with potential to perhaps get a chance in SL. Am I wrong in thinking that?

If not, has there been any examples of the latter?

When d/r was first introduced, I thought it was to allow players not getting first team in the SL to get competitive games but for players with potential to perhaps get a chance in SL. Am I wrong in thinking that?

If not, has there been any examples of the latter?

yes your right, but that didn't last long when clubs like hunslet & swinton started getting the more experienced players, & you only have to look at them to see it doesn't work both getting relegated,in Hunslet's case twice. Swinton scrapped DR last year with Warrington & they got promoted with their own players & have a good chance of staying in the championship with the signings they've made. Just see how long it lasts before players start getting restless because they get over looked because Hetherington & McDermott want them to give a run out to a certain player/players coming back from injury, that's why Hetherington isn't running a reserve side next year because it's cheaper to DR.

I don't think it's sarcasm Les. It's just that a lot of people are concerned about the moral ethnics of the DR system.

I didn't like it when we used it.

For goodness sake don't bring moral ethnics into this.

It's bad enough thinking about the ethics of it all

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Its all been said !!! but ,unfortunately,  its part of our game ... perhaps its time we found something else to talk about!! ... 

fev .. batley .. worky .. and us.. ( oh and that fax terrorist ) .. we are all blowing hot air on a done deal !!  ...  anyone got a new perspective??  if not please please lets  move on and chat about something else, rather than going round in ever decreasing circles!! ....

In case I have not made my point clear ....  I think DR has been done to death and it really is time  for a new thread .. please!

Incidentally for us of a certain age .. what do you think about the change to the concession age ... its OK for us season ticket holders cos its continuous, but my South stand  colleague ( also of a certain age) because of working weekends doesn't have a season ticket ... he now has to pay full price again!!  

I am in need of game time ..so I am going to Fev tomorrow ...  anyone else in the same situation...I just can't wait for the season to start!! 

Its all been said !!! but ,unfortunately,  its part of our game ... perhaps its time we found something else to talk about!! ... 

fev .. batley .. worky .. and us.. ( oh and that fax terrorist ) .. we are all blowing hot air on a done deal !!  ...  anyone got a new perspective??  if not please please lets  move on and chat about something else, rather than going round in ever decreasing circles!! ....

In case I have not made my point clear ....  I think DR has been done to death and it really is time  for a new thread .. please!

Incidentally for us of a certain age .. what do you think about the change to the concession age ... its OK for us season ticket holders cos its continuous, but my South stand  colleague ( also of a certain age) because of working weekends doesn't have a season ticket ... he now has to pay full price again!!  

I am in need of game time ..so I am going to Fev tomorrow ...  anyone else in the same situation...I just can't wait for the season to start!! 

The club is bringing its pricing into line with RFL guidelines which specify pensioner concessions as over 65. When you consider the demographics of our crowds then most Championship clubs would end up having more concessions than full-price payers if it was just over 60's.

Time for you to start a new thread ONO?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived