Steve Gartland - 6th minute applause at Challenge Cup final (Merged Threads)

steef

Former rochdale oldham and swinton player steve gartland has died. Thoughts go out to all who new him.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

From facebook..

As people are aware the Rugby League Family are in mourning over the passing of Steve Gartland. Mayfield RLFC have been trying to get a minutes silence at the challenge cup final in memory of Steve but unfortunately the RFL are unable to help.

So here goes I’m asking everybody in the sixth minute into the game to stand and applaud a great man a great Rugby player and a great friend, to give him the send of he deserves.

Me and my family will be at the game and will clap as hard as we can till everybody joins in. I would appreciate if everybody could share this to get as many people as we can stood up applauding a great man.

The reason for this is to make people aware it’s ok to talk because we don’t want anyone else to suffer like Steve did.

#itsoktotalk

Rugby League Family We Stand Together.

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

I'm assuming it's a sad coincidence and not the same guy but one of RLFans prolific Warrington posters has taken his own life a couple of days ago, his name was Steve Goodwin. He posted under the name Wire Yed and had planned to go to the final and had also arranged to meet friends there which makes it even more sad and poignant.

I've no idea about the circumstances of Steve Gartland's passing but given the "It's ok to talk" links I'm assuming he suffered from depression like Steve Goodwin did.

The 6th minute applause is a great idea to highlight a worthy cause and I'll be joining in for sure.

More power to all you people involved.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I'm assuming it's a sad coincidence and not the same guy but one of RLFans prolific Warrington posters has taken his own life a couple of days ago, his name was Steve Goodwin. He posted under the name Wire Yed and had planned to go to the final and had also arranged to meet friends there which makes it even more sad and poignant.

I've no idea about the circumstances of Steve Gartland's passing but given the "It's ok to talk" links I'm assuming he suffered from depression like Steve Goodwin did.

The 6th minute applause is a great idea to highlight a worthy cause and I'll be joining in for sure.

More power to all you people involved.

That's horrible news. Great poster on there was Wire Yed. :(
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Well done Chris Hough for highlighting the fragility of the human mind. Mental health is crippling and indiscriminate when it strikes and anything which brings a greater understanding of such a terrible illness has to be good. We need to talk to help each other through these bad times to have any hope but sometimes words aren't enough. We are all susceptible to mental health issues though happly, many will not face this horror. This doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist in others who may be close.

My condolencies to Steve Gartland's family and friends and to anyone else  going through similarly traumatic times.

Archived