Looking like Solomona to Sale. £350,000

A young man's head turned by a good payday, but an awful waste of talent. And when he gets selected for England and the press hatchet jobs start, he'll regret it even more.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A young man's head turned by a good payday, but an awful waste of talent. And when he gets selected for England and the press hatchet jobs start, he'll regret it even more.

They won't have heard of him, so they'll assume he's off the Sale production line and play nicely.

People called Romans they go the house

Bizarre. He was awful in the season he played for London (the year we were relegated) but has come up smelling of roses 2 seasons later.

TBF you had a few Loanees who quite a few have turned out good.

One could say you blooded the next generation!

Saints have had downturns doing this... as have wazza and Leeds currently!

This is why the salary cap needs to be raised! We need to keep the best talent in the game. Surely, even for the Cas supporters would be better if he went to Leeds, Hull or one of the other big teams rather than union.

Not really - pocket the cash knowing we won't have to face him playing for the opposition  or sell him to the competiotion?

I know which I'd rather

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Bizarre.  He was awful in the season he played for London (the year we were relegated) but has come up smelling of roses 2 seasons later.

Cook and McMeeken have also been top class for us - difference in coaching methods perhaps?

Also, let's be honest, Denny's defence isn't exactly bone crushing

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

To be fair Matt was excellent at London whilst Mike showed real promise.

Suspect Denny struggled to adapt to life in London - not a criticism, it happens. He was also around at a time London were coming out of a spell with desperate splits in the changing room by all reports. Not a great work environment to be in. He seems to be a confidence player, those two factors drained the confidence out of him. Throw in the fact London were nearly always badly on the back foot, I think we'd all agree Denny is better in attack than defence, and it just got worse for him.

Good to see him turn it around, huge credit both to him and the staff at Cas.

Not really - pocket the cash knowing we won't have to face him playing for the opposition  or sell him to the competiotion?

I know which I'd rather

What a dreadful one eyed view, losing talent to another sport rather than been able to pay him and all our players better money through a higher salary cap .

We need talent like this in our game and its essential we look at ways of increasing our revenues to increase the cap

This is why the salary cap needs to be raised! We need to keep the best talent in the game. Surely, even for the Cas supporters would be better if he went to Leeds, Hull or one of the other big teams rather than union.

Could be signed as a marquee player if big clubs wanted to. Salary cap isn't the issue.

Sale simply value his services more then any RL club and appear willing to spend accordingly.

The salary they pay will be massively inflated compared to his rl value as it has to be significant enough to tempt him to risk changing codes and basically starting again.

What a dreadful one eyed view, losing talent to another sport rather than been able to pay him and all our players better money through a higher salary cap .

We need talent like this in our game and its essential we look at ways of increasing our revenues to increase the cap

so it's just the salary cap stopping another SL club going for him then?

I can well understand Cas fans not wanting to see him scoring trys against them but ultimately if we can't hang on to star players, then the whole game will suffer.

It didn't seem right Peacock or Pryce playing against Bradford but I'm glad they stayed in the game.

Exactly.

Would be a shame if he goes as he is exciting and someone we can use to attract new fans. Money talks clearly.

On the London thing, wasnt he only 20 when he played there? In a terrible team and poorly coached. Players dont often peak at that age and wingers need the team to be playing well to be at their best.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

so it's just the salary cap stopping another SL club going for him then?

Probably is , I cannot stand losing talent from league to Union , never have never will!

I have always believed ( rightly or wrongly) our game is undersold and as a result we loose the talents of our best players.

I wish I new the answers and could stop this happening but thats up to our powers that be to run our sport in a way that this happens less and less

Could be signed as a marquee player if big clubs wanted to. Salary cap isn't the issue.

Sale simply value his services more then any RL club and appear willing to spend accordingly.

The salary they pay will be massively inflated compared to his rl value as it has to be significant enough to tempt him to risk changing codes and basically starting again.

personally I think the marquee player thing is a distraction in this situation. It is unlikely that a team is going to put a winger as their marquee player. Halves, hooker, lock, and occasionally fullback are the mostly likely to get that gig as the control the game more.

The salary cap hasn't risen with inflation in the time it has existed meaning the real term value of the cap is a little more than half what it was when it was introduced. This means the average RL player's salary has effectively dropped over that time, while wages in the NRL and RU have outpaced inflation.

personally I think the marquee player thing is a distraction in this situation. It is unlikely that a team is going to put a winger as their marquee player. Halves, hooker, lock, and occasionally fullback are the mostly likely to get that gig as the control the game more.

Its unlikely that a club is going to spend 350k on a winger either IMO.

Simply put the total value of this deal (fee and salary) far exceeds the valuaction a RL club is likely to place on the player. The cap therefore is a little irrelevant.

To quantify Daz Clark was valued at less than half the figures been floated.

Archived