Semi Radradra

Probably should be in the NRL forum, but thought it would be of general interest also.

Apparently Radradra has walked out of the Eels to play Union in France.

From reading what's around online it looks like it could be a bargaining tactic by his management, but guess there must be an offer in the table from a French Union club.

Not sure how Semi is going to fulfill his desire to play for the Kangaroos from France.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Bordeau apparently wants him. Real class, Semi. Parra will probably try to work something out with him but, if they can't, I hope they sue his pants off.

Lousy behaviour; he's no better than $onny Bill Weasel.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I know he turned his back on Fiji before all this but it's so sad to say the Fijian national RL side being dismantled before next years World Cup. Well it just wouldn't be RL without taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

A young man has possibly 10 years to make money as professional sportsman.

Have you all got such good jobs and moral scruples that if someone else offered you a job with a pay rise that you would put loyalty before your family?.

Professional Sportsmen are not fans, they play for the club that offers them the most money...always did and always will.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Have you all got such good jobs and moral scruples that if someone else offered you a job with a pay rise that you would put loyalty before your family?.

Professional Sportsmen are not fans, they play for the club that offers them the most money...always did and always will.

I don't have any problem with sportsmen trying to make the most of their attributes, either financially or in terms of experiences, but there are definitely ways and means of doing it.  Obviously we don't know completely what has gone on, especially the attitude from the Parramatta side of talks, but this is not how you should act.

I think that the whole Kangaroo saga also does have an effect on how we view him, and surely how he should view the sport, competition and governing body.  This is not just disrespectful to Parramatta but the game as a whole.

Mark Gasnier went to France to play RU. However, he did it above board and correctly, reaching an agreement with his NRL club, instead of just flouncing out like Radradra or running away like Williams.

If someone offered me a pay rise, I'd inform my current employers and work out my period of notice.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I agree about modern sportsman and the need to make as much money as possible in a short career, but Semi and his management could have gone about this very differently to get the desired outcome. If the desired outcome is just more money and a better deal at Parramatta.

Radradra is one of the hottest wingers around and there would be plenty of NRL teams willing to offer him plenty more than he's on at Parra. If he wants to play Union why all the fuss about playing for Australia recently?

Sure there's much more to it, but on the surface he's not showing himself in a very good light.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2016/06/18/eels_statement_regar.html

Eels statement regarding Semi Radradra

The Parramatta Eels can confirm that Semi Radradra has been granted permission to return to Fiji for a short family visit during the bye round. 

He is expected to return to Sydney in time to prepare for the club’s next NRL game against Cronulla. 

Semi Radradra is contracted to play for the Parramatta Eels until the end of the 2017 season, and has given no indication that the contract will not be honoured.

Absolutely hilarious!!!! Good old dinky die Semi now wants to be a Frenchman it's comedy gold.

Rugby league players want two things, money and opportunity. Rugby League can only currently offer one of those things, and only in one part of the world.

I'd take a guess and say Koribete has also signed to play Union for both those reasons.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I'd take a guess and say Koribete has also signed to play Union for both those reasons.

Koroibete is a bit different. He grew up playing Union in Fiji then went to league. He's staying in Melbourne just moving code getting paid a few more $$$, not moving to France or kicking up a major fuss. The ARU will probably be all over him now which is a shame however Fiji have no end of good wingers.

Rugby league players want two things, money and opportunity. Rugby League can only currently offer one of those things, and only in one part of the world.

Good let them go and never give them a second thought. Loyal super stars like Cameron Smith, Copper Cronk & James Graham are where I'd rather focus my attention.

I maybe have a different opinion to most but I'm glad if he goes. It's been a shameful episode with his Australia call up so he wouldn't have played for Fiji next year anyway and it goes to show yet again to the insular Aussies that there is a world outside their little hub and the sooner they realise there is more to it then the sooner we can get around a table to look at the bigger picture of the international game and how to market ourselves as a game globally.

Good riddance Semi, poor attitude and approach, sadly and most likely at the behest of unscrupulous agents who will pocket a fat wedge at his expense and leave him high and dry in a few years time without a second thought

Edit

Edit

Nothing confirmed yet. The guy is an amazing talent. If this does eventuate, I would be sooner blaming Parramatta than Semi.

Jeez, imagine if the Eels managed to sign Falou as well? The pair of them would be off to Union....

He gets to go to France as Kangaroo - surely someone saw this coming - pathetic behaviour by a man who is after a dollar and couldn't give a monkeys about his country of birth or his club or Australia - sad sad and more sad

And now I have eaten my fish and chips and look, the paper is blowing down the road - in case anyone forgets in his Kangaroo moment he was ineffective, and more importantly he wont get the service in Union or the space that he gets in League - complete waste of his time and potential and Unions money

Parramatta aren't winning because of him, and the reason they aren't winning the comp, points deduction aside, is far deeper than him, Parra need to open up some salary cap and buy in better players in different positions - I would sell him to Bordeaux and use the squad and laugh all the way to the bank

He's a winger and its always nice to see good wingers but League has a lot of them everywhere - if he was a world class half back or forward its more of a story and there would also be more likelihood of there being a success story in the code swap anyway

Bye bye Semi, neeeeext!

Archived