Today's RFL Disciplinary Hearing.

Suspended for 1 match, fined

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On the RFL's website:

Make's you wonder if they actually watched the game! If you read through Ryan Bailey's extremely long disciplinary record, all you see is "caution", "no charge" and "warning". Seems he never means to do anything, but seems to just accidentally do it a lot!

To be fair you could read that bout most players on there

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

No mention of Bailey's attempted "snog" on Long then!

It really beggars belief! :dry:

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

double post AGAIN!!!!

Edited by Roy Boy

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

As I have stated previously, I do not have a problem with Bailey'sapproach to the game, it's precisely what I personally ,expect from a forward playing the game wholeheartedly.

However, in Saturdays match he was out of order, albeit, getting away with it and Radford was the victim of some pretty untoward tactics from Bailey.

Yet again the Touch judge on that side of the field is culpable of not observing the game and what goes on during it's progress.

This item was highlighted on a thread last week and that official fully exposed the inadequecies of those running the touchline in the present day game.

They are not doing the job they are allocated and seemingly so often see only what they want to see.

Anyone watching the game properly would have noticed the incident, certainly from the distance the TJ was from it and duly seen (that, although as the ref said to Radford " you over reacted ") which was correct, the events that followed were instigated by Bailey.

If one went off then both should have done so, but in today's over sanitised Game the ref felt he had to punish the reacter, rather than the instigator of the incident.

It's a red blooded game, but Bailey seems to bring a very dirty, very ill tempered attitude with him. Not sure if he meant to elbow Radford in the head (which he did) and I think Radford needed to go (for 10), but he tried to headbut Long in the melee afterwards. He is a very dirty player. Did anyone else notice his last tackle in the Challenge Cup final?

I have emailed the RFL today about Bailey. Go on the RFL website and look at the amount of times he has been in front of them this season. Its just caution after caution.

Well done Radders, really feel for him missing the derby this weekend because of that idiot. :angry:

As you placed so much onus on ex players opinions being the yardstick between right and wrong i'm sure you'll now accept the ex players verdicts on the disciplinary panel that Radford was indeed a Pr*** and deserved sending off. As for the "contemptible" views of the minority that the ref was right to send Radford off it would appear they have been vindicated. It seems that the "9 out of 10" let players personalities and club loyalties cloud their judgement somewhat.

The Referee put the whole incident on report.

The whole incident is available to everybody to watch again.

It seems only the RFL Disciplinary and the minority on here have seen fit to ignore Ryan Bailey's flying headbutt attempt on Sean Long.

So excuse me if I have only contempt for the ex players' opinions who sit on the panel.

The Referee put the whole incident on report.

The whole incident is available to everybody to watch again.

It seems only the RFL Disciplinary and the minority on here have seen fit to ignore Ryan Bailey's flying headbutt attempt on Sean Long.

So excuse me if I have only contempt for the ex players' opinions who sit on the panel.

Whilst I think it should have gone on record with the disciplinary (to add to his extensive list) he didn't make contact, so it was never going to attract any kind of punishment.

Whilst I think it should have gone on record with the disciplinary (to add to his extensive list) he didn't make contact, so it was never going to attract any kind of punishment.

Seemingly, nothing Bailey has done to warrant his 24 visits to the RFL Disciplinary since season 2008 has attracted punishment.

Hull FC have announced they are going to appeal.

Every team needs a prop forward like Ryan Bailey, he serves a valuable purpose in upsetting the opposition and getting them to think about him instead of the game. It's part and parcel of rugby league, and only right that everyone should hate him except his own club's fans.

That said, I can't believe Lee Radford got sent off and suspended for throwing a couple of punches. IMO two players trading blows should be allowed to cool down in the sin bin, or if it's only a little scuffle them give a penalty against the one who started it and get on with the game. I just don't see it as a sending off offence.

The exception, of course, is if one player is hit from behind, that deserves a red card. "Third man in" is a different matter as well because it causes everyone else to join in.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Seemingly, nothing Bailey has done to warrant his 24 visits to the RFL Disciplinary since season 2008 has attracted punishment.

Hull FC have announced they are going to appeal.

Personally, once you have a certain number of cautions, I would like them to hand out bans for intent as opposed to whether he actually makes full contact. In the CC Final he was highlighted for dropping with his forearm in the last tackle of the game, and then this attempted headbutt. It should be highlighted that this kind of activity isn't welcome and he should get a token 1 match ban IMHO.

Every team needs a prop forward like Ryan Bailey, he serves a valuable purpose in upsetting the opposition and getting them to think about him instead of the game. It's part and parcel of rugby league, and only right that everyone should hate him except his own club's fans.

That said, I can't believe Lee Radford got sent off and suspended for throwing a couple of punches. IMO two players trading blows should be allowed to cool down in the sin bin, or if it's only a little scuffle them give a penalty against the one who started it and get on with the game. I just don't see it as a sending off offence.

The exception, of course, is if one player is hit from behind, that deserves a red card. "Third man in" is a different matter as well because it causes everyone else to join in.

Hmm, not sure about that tbh. Bailey was not looking at Radford when Radford punched him, so there is an argument that this was a blind-side cheap shot (although I certainly wouldn't say that to Radford!).