Local Derby

Website

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's days like this you both love and hate everything about the greatest game on the planet, as a Town fan tonight it's the greatest game but as a Haven fan it must be gut wrenching.

It's not often a game like that comes in your favour but when it does you just have to relish it.

Our lads were absolutely unbelievable today, nothing short of heroic, and it was just brilliant to witness the end. Twelve men for all that time ( and yes we had a penalty for what Karl recieved before he retaliated as I asked the ref) and the lads still ground out the result.

Our two wingers were outstanding today, the amount of work they got through was outstanding. But lets be honest every single one of them held their hand up for the club, and they all need a big vote of gratitude for sticking in when what has gone on behind the scenes could have easily affected them.  Absolutely nerveless from JS to knock that over on the hooter, he really makes the difference when it counts. £720 paid for his match shirt in the auction, I really hope he sticks in with us as injured or not he is still the difference.

We are not relegated yet - UTT!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

It's days like this you both love and hate everything about the greatest game on the planet, as a Town fan tonight it's the greatest game but as a Haven fan it must be gut wrenching.

It's not often a game like that comes in your favour but when it does you just have to relish it.

Our lads were absolutely unbelievable today, nothing short of heroic, and it was just brilliant to witness the end. Twelve men for all that time ( and yes we had a penalty for what Karl recieved before he retaliated as I asked the ref) and the lads still ground out the result.

Our two wingers were outstanding today, the amount of work they got through was outstanding. But lets be honest every single one of them held their hand up for the club, and they all need a big vote of gratitude for sticking in when what has gone on behind the scenes could have easily affected them.  Absolutely nerveless from JS to knock that over on the hooter, he really makes the difference when it counts. £720 paid for his match shirt in the auction, I really hope he sticks in with us as injured or not he is still the difference.

We are not relegated yet - UTT!

How did you manage to get that crack from the ref then Voodoo?  I know he's got a weird name so is he one of your fellow Visgoths ?

How did you manage to get that crack from the ref then Voodoo?  I know he's got a weird name so is he one of your fellow Visgoths ?

I was lurking about outside and didnt realise who he was until after I started talking to him but when somebody has the shirt and tie on they must be up to summat!!

I strangely forgot to mention the names I called him when some of the decisions went against us....

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I was lurking about outside and didnt realise who he was until after I started talking to him but when somebody has the shirt and tie on they must be up to summat!!

I strangely forgot to mention the names I called him when some of the decisions went against us....

Fair enough Voodoo-nobody beats you in the lurking game!  Have you been reprising your role as chief lonesome loiterer at the Scaryport Blues Festival ? :ph34r:

Fair enough Voodoo-nobody beats you in the lurking game!  Have you been reprising your role as chief lonesome loiterer at the Scaryport Blues Festival ? :ph34r:

I will be staggering about meeting new "friends" in the very near future whether they like it or not!

8 minutes of injury time :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: everyone involved in rugby league is against them now, even the timekeepers, it just gets better !!!!!! get yourselves on the dark sides forum folks its brill :laugh::laugh:

12 men :taunt::taunt::taunt:

The sirkett-tard strikes again lol. Calling you names on Twitter. Injury time in RL? When it gets to 80mins the hooter goes, it's not football, the thick two-hat!

The sirkett-tard strikes again lol. Calling you names on Twitter. Injury time in RL? When it gets to 80mins the hooter goes, it's not football, the thick two-hat!

he still visits the pride of west cumbrias forum then despite all those tweets

not only did we win and take the points but sirkett is having a breakdown.... Life's good..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

agree wholeheartedly with the posters on here .the lads were magnificent . that try saving tackle by jack was unreal .both wingers were outstanding again .the pack tackled magnificently  against a much bigger haven pack .i know it gets boring talking about jarrod sammutt but 4 kicks off the touchline , one after the hooter , what can you say .despite having 12 men haven seemed to want to tire us out by bashing up the middle , but the harder they run the better we tackled ......about the timekeeping , both halfs actually lasted 50 mins each .i have never known a match last that long , maybe the video will show that the ref was quick to stop the clock .40 mins had been played 2nd half as jarrods conversion went over to make it 24-16 .so there were 3 tries scored after the 40 , 2 to haven .what we did notice was  that when haven scored to make it 24-20 , the ref immediately stopped the clock as there was a town player injured in the field of play . normally one minute or is it 30secs are allowed for the conversion before the ref stops the clock ,probably without that time neither of the last 2 tries would have been scored ...........one minor niggle , why was matty off the pitch for so long , was he injured , as it was during that period that haven dominated ......anyway on to next week for another cup final.  UP THE TOWN .

Sticks and stones marra, will take that all day from Dopelands best pal, :rofl:  :rofl:  to see the poor Jamdos leaving the game almost in tears it will live with me for a long time, sirkett-tard wouldn't  have been at the match as it would have took up all his giro poor sod :laugh:  :laugh:

Oh dear, Partons finest has gone into meltdown on twitter!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Border news highlights were a bit pathetic although they did show Allen has a glass jaw!

Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

Border news highlights were a bit pathetic although they did show Allen has a glass jaw!

At least we got a mention on Border Craic n'Deekaboot unlike most weeks. We even managed 10 seconds on B.B.C. Look North East. An indication that the footy and Rugby Union seasons are still in limbo. --------- By the way -Karl's shot on Allen reminded me of Alan McGuinesses hit on Ian Watson .Both of them had it coming. Difference being Watson really did have a glass jaw while Allen milked it for all it was worth. 

Well I still cant believe what I witnessed yesterday, 8 in front and I start to walk round to the tunnel to welcome the players from the pitch, haven score and I think,  its ok we have this in the bag !! I start to talk to a couple of haven fans in the enclosure who say its to late for them to come back, we have a good crack, next they score again and my world starts to cave in, I cant believe what I am seeing and shake both their hands and say well done (through grated teeth :( ) they are still not confident of winning even with only seconds left, I cant look as Town move the ball out wide, we score again :biggrin:  I  go mental running around like a mad man :crazy: , JS steps up and the kick goes through and pandemonium starts :party:  what a end to a great derby, that had everything, I did shake the hands of the two haven lads as they were leaving , they were dumb struck!!

Well played each and everyone that pulled that Town top yesterday, all the rumour's about pay and money issues were certainly not on the players minds, they played with pride, aggression and a will to win, and that will do for me .

UTT

Archived