excavator on whitebank

clifford

Riding past the old stadium today and I noticed that the said excavator was digging up the ground at the bottom end, I know there's housing planned but it is what the club used for official parking on match days

Any ideas

Riding past the old stadium today and I noticed that the said excavator was digging up the ground at the bottom end, I know there's housing planned but it is what the club used for official parking on match days

Any ideas

looking for CH's hidden cash cache :O

I've got admit i like going to Bower Fold,it would be perfect if we could have something like that.A great facility and a credit to Stalybridge Celtic. With the best will in the world Whitebank isn't really fit for much.

we've heard many many positive comments about the Fold, the only one negative that keeps popping up is the steepness of the steps in the stands.

Any ideas

It'll be a couple of years before houses are built at the bottom end of Whitebank Road.......first phase being built is on Rowan Tree Road just round the corner.

As someone else has said, the area you are referring to is in the vicinity of the massive sprawl of Japenese Knotweed so sounds like someone has coughed up to remove it.............can't see it be ORLFC, so there could be an alterior motive for doing this perhaps to pave the way for future events.

The only negative i have heard about Bower Fold is that it's not in Oldham. How brilliant would it be to have such a lovely ground as Celtics on our doorstep. But if we can have rugby like the last two weeks regularly, i'm happy to travel ;-)

The only negative i have heard about Bower Fold is that it's not in Oldham. How brilliant would it be to have such a lovely ground as Celtics on our doorstep. But if we can have rugby like the last two weeks regularly, i'm happy to travel ;-)

Agree its NOT in Oldham and perhaps thats why ..............despite 3 excellent WINS , there are only still ONLY 700 still there watching it

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Might be an idea for the club to do some PR round the Stalybridge schools. Give a load of free kids tickets out, hope that they bring along their (paying) Dads and Mums. There's loads of people in the area who watch RL regularly on Sky and yet have never attended a live game - I'm sure a lot just need a nudge out of their armchairs.

Perhaps a mail drop of flyers (half price admission?) - 50 per cent of something being better than 100 per cent of nowt.

Celtic did the kids thing in the past and it was beneficial, although the standard of fare on offer on the pitch soon led to a downturn in attendances.

It is more than likely the removal of the japanese knotweed which is rampant there

I don't think digging is the way to get rid of Knot Weed, I think it only spreads it. The way it's been treated in other parts of the country is by chemicals and then burning the dead plants. It is more likely that CH is lifting his crop of earlies. 

Hang on to your boots Clifford you could be due delivery of a couple of bags of King Teddies any day now LOL.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Might be an idea for the club to do some PR round the Stalybridge schools. Give a load of free kids tickets out, hope that they bring along their (paying) Dads and Mums. There's loads of people in the area who watch RL regularly on Sky and yet have never attended a live game - I'm sure a lot just need a nudge out of their armchairs.

Perhaps a mail drop of flyers (half price admission?) - 50 per cent of something being better than 100 per cent of nowt.

Celtic did the kids thing in the past and it was beneficial, although the standard of fare on offer on the pitch soon led to a downturn in attendances.

Great idea BryanC - I suspect it's too logical, marketing savvy, innovative, enterprising , clever etc etc to be put into effect by Mr Hamilton.

He didnt do it around Whitebank (so much for it being a Community Club ) so why would he bother around Stalyvegas????.

He didnt do it around Whitebank (so much for it being a Community Club ) so why would he bother around Stalyvegas????.

You are correct Hollinwooder , never done anything to encourage ANYONE in Oldham to attend ANY Rugby League match at all , so why would he start now in Stalybridge

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

The observations of your speccies about the ground here in Stalybridge is very positive.

Given the way you are playing and the three teams you have already beaten, there seems more than a good chance you will stay up.

As BF is quickly turning into a bit of a fortress and Whitebank remains unsuitable, do you think the BF sharing arrangement is likely to be continued? If so, working with the local schools around here might be very beneficial.

• 3 weeks later...

If the digging was at bottom end of ground it's nothing to do with Oldham rugby or their owner Oldham council as they only own two thirds of whitebank stadium if that's what u call it

Whitebank is the worst purchase Oldham council have made using my money it's a disgrace they own two thirds of land that is not fit for purpose how much are they getting in rent from Oldham rugby

Didn't actually know Oldham council owned ORLFC! We all know Whitebank is not anywhere near a "stadium". Anyway there are more important things at the moment like a big game tomorrow and a battle for survival in the Champ. To be honest I ain't really that bothered about Whitebank,I would much rather stay in the great surroundings of Bower Fold until maybe/hopefully/pigs might fly, we get a proper ground of our own in Oldham.

Agreed.Bower Fold is fine.If it rains you can get out of it.At least today we can stage the match on our home patch.God knows what would happen if we would have been at Limeside.I know few Warrington fans.They were asking me what corporate was like.They wanted to make a day of it.I told them it was a bit non existant and to do the booze train run instead and taxi to the ground.

Archived