Ade Gardner

St Helens winger Ade Gardner will play for Cumbria in the Garry Purdham memorial game against England at Whitehaven's Recreation Ground on Sunday, October 3.

The Barrow-born Gardner, whose last appearance for England was in the 2008 World Cup, has thrown his weight behind the fixture, which is being held to support the family of Garry Purdham, who lost his life in the Cumbria shooting tragedy earlier this year.

"It's a privilege to represent your county but it's an even bigger honour to represent the Purdham family and a community that has been through a lot in the past 12 months," said Gardner

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/ne...YL_Cumbria.html

Good gesture from Ade to play for them, but this shows that Gardner's Test career is over.

Are you seriously using this to score points? Thats utterly pathetic and a disgrace if your aim was to try a wind up using this story.

He's only typing this drivel while he gives his right hand a rest from staring at the Tony Smith poster on the ceiling above his bed !

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Are you seriously using this to score points? Thats utterly pathetic and a disgrace if your aim was to try a wind up using this story.

No I was just stating that Gardner obviously thinks he has zilch chance of making the England squad.

It's good that a SL player like him has put his hand up to play in an 'extra' game like this as most of them decide that they want a break after the season ends.

Ben Harrison has also committed to playing for Cumbria - does this show that he has no future at test level ? :rolleyes::unsure:

There must be some mistake, Ben is surely now too glamorous to represent Cumbria, I mean how will the locals react to seeing him carrying his Prada kit bag and playing in his Jimmy Choo boots :P

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

There must be some mistake, Ben is surely now too glamorous to represent Cumbria, I mean how will the locals react to seeing him carrying his Prada kit bag and playing in his Jimmy Choo boots :P

It's ok, his fellow glamour puss John Clarke is also included to keep him company and maintain a sense of decorum.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

It's ok, his fellow glamour puss John Clarke is also included to keep him company and maintain a sense of decorum.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/rl/wolv...errerPath=sport

I can't believe Clarke has been given permission to play for Cumbria, after all he was born in Wigan!

I believe Tony Smith could be coming out of retirement for Cumbria as he once lived above a chippy in Workington!! Now thats Glam! :D

I can't believe Clarke has been given permission to play for Cumbria, after all he was born in Wigan!

I believe Tony Smith could be coming out of retirement for Cumbria as he once lived above a chippy in Workington!! Now thats Glam! :D

John Clarke's mam is from West Cumbria so he has Cumbrian blood in him.

As for TS, ask him about the escapades we used to get up to in the glamourous 'bottom end' pubs of Workington and watch him blush :D

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

No I was just stating that Gardner obviously thinks he has zilch chance of making the England squad.

It's good that a SL player like him has put his hand up to play in an 'extra' game like this as most of them decide that they want a break after the season ends.

Wow, your a complete moron arent you. Well done.