Forum Rules (For Attention of All Users)

Please note the Terms & Conditions of Use on our forums and ensure that your posts comply with them at all times or your posts may be removed and/or your account suspended/banned. If you see any posts which you think break our rules, please use the 'Report' button to bring them to the attention of our moderating team. Thank you for your support in keeping our forums suitable for a general audience.

Rugby League World Cup 2017 Official Tour Packages
League Express
Rugby League World
League Express

- - - - -

Anyone know where I can buy "Daydream Believer"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RLDave

• Coach
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

I've just become aware of this Stanley Gene autobiography and I'm very keen to read it but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet. I've tried Ebay, Amazon and play and of course googled it.

Does anyone know of a place that stocks the book, or does anybody have a copy lying around they wouldn't mind selling? Sounds like a great book.

And on a side note, I'm very sorry that Stanleys stay at Halifax came to a sour end. I'm not sure what has happened but it's a shame a Legend like him should come to our club and it ends on a bad note. I wish Stan all the best...and maybe a return to Fax as this is all a misunderstanding? tongue.gif

You can't beat an owl!

#2 TheDuke

• Coach
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

the hull kr shop normally has some the online shop through the website might also stock them

Edited by TheDuke, 31 August 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#3 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

this is taken from stanleys testimonial web site which is a couple of years old now, but you never know.

Anyone who would like to receive a copy by post please send a cheque for 15 inc P&P payable to Stanley Gene Testimonial Fund and send to Mike Smith at 20 St Bartholomews Way, Saltshouse Road, Hull HU8 0FD.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle --
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk
the Law runneth forward and back --
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf,
and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 18,516 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:11 PM

Try reading Peter Pan instead. I understand the storylines are similar. rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, if you find a stockist in Hull that are unwilling to send you a copy, let me know and I'll sort it for you.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton                 SL Top Gun 2016 - Marc Sneyd (83% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016 - Danny Houghton (1,289 tackles)                        SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford                                        RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad year, I suppose...

#5 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 12,084 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 1 2010, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try reading Peter Pan instead. I understand the storylines are similar. rolleyes.gif

I found it has more similarities to the Cliff Richard autobiography. I'm sure if you contact a SG testimonial committee member as mentioned by mm they might be able to get you a signed copy. Believe me it's a very funny and sometimes poignant account of Stan's life and is well worth 2.50*.

*Just joking Stan wink.gif

Edited by deluded pom?, 02 September 2010 - 08:16 AM.

#6 Futtocks

• Coach
  • 31,816 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

Keep trying; it's a good read and well worth the search.

"I always enjoyed it more if there was a body or two lying about, it made the job a bit more interesting" Vince Karalius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users