joel tomkins kick

Was very lucky to not be red carded imo, he didn't kick him hard but there's certain things you just don't do in Rugby League, kicking a player on the ground is one of them. Phil Clarke thought it was ok though.

In fairness to Clarke hid did initially say it was at least a yellow, then he realised it was a Wigan player and backtracked ;)

Nothing will be done about it which will mean the standards bar for sporting behaviour gets lowered even further.

Was very lucky to not be red carded imo, he didn't kick him hard but there's certain things you just don't do in Rugby League, kicking a player on the ground is one of them. Phil Clarke thought it was ok though.

He didn't kick the player, he kicked the ball in the player's hands. I think he was a bit miffed about being elbowed when he made the tackle. Shouldn't have reacted the way he did, but didn't deserve anything more severe than a penalty.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Jesus H Jones a man commits a tackle that could put another player in a wheelchair for life and you repeatedly create a thread about a half hearted kick to the shin. Totally pointless and a stupid thing to do but get a grip and talk some sense. :rolleyes:

a kick to the ball stupid but nowt in it, elbow to the face(again) bad, but hey its st maguire.

two accidental spear tackles no injuries so whats the problem?.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

A spear tackle is an automatic red. The potential consequences are such that it has to be. Do you want players in wheelchairs.

are you thick or what? i have watched rl fo 40 years and would never wish a player injured, if a player is deliberately driven into the ground fair enough send the perp off but tonights two eforts were nothing if not careless.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Jesus H Jones a man commits a tackle that could put another player in a wheelchair for life and you repeatedly create a thread about a half hearted kick to the shin. Totally pointless and a stupid thing to do but get a grip and talk some sense. :rolleyes:

A spear tackle is an automatic red. The potential consequences are such that it has to be. Do you want players in wheelchairs.

So you agree that the two Wigan players that spear tackled the Rhinos player should have been sent off then?

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

So you agree that the two Wigan players that spear tackled the Rhinos player should have been sent off then?

Yes. However, I would prefer to identify who did the spear tackle. Normally when 2 are in the tackle one is guilt. If they are both guilty then send them both. Buderus similarly should have walked. You get fans saying awww nothibng happened, he didn't drive his head hard enough into the groung and crush his spine enough. Luckily the rules are clear cut, you spear a player, you walk. You are not even allowed to lift tham above the vertical now. Rightly so.

If fans want to risk players in wheelchairs so be it. I just find a sport odd that accepts a punch as a justified automatic red but then fans defend players welfare being risked. The RFL benevolent fund better start raising money ASAP.

A spear tackle (in which a player's head is deliberately driven into the ground) most certainly can have serious consequences, but unfortunately, the term is misused far to often imo, and it is regularly used to describe some pretty innocuous stuff on occasions. I didn't see any 'spear' tackles last night.

A tackle in which the players legs go above the horizontal is penalised because it is against the laws of the game but it is not necessarily a 'spear' tackle and shouldn't really be described as such.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

He didn't kick the player, he kicked the ball in the player's hands. I think he was a bit miffed about being elbowed when he made the tackle. Shouldn't have reacted the way he did, but didn't deserve anything more severe than a penalty.

Tend to agree with that, it wasn't a kick as such, more a flick at the ball. It was pretty stupid and deserved a penalty but nothing more. Well handled by the referee, imo.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

A spear tackle (in which a player's head is deliberately driven into the ground) most certainly can have serious consequences, but unfortunately, the term is misused far to often imo, and it is regularly used to describe some pretty innocuous stuff on occasions. I didn't see any 'spear' tackles last night.

A tackle in which the players legs go above the horizontal is penalised because it is against the laws of the game but it is not necessarily a 'spear' tackle and shouldn't really be described as such.

Whatever :lol:

firstly the thread was repeated accidently, and i gather you condone kicking someone whether it be half hearted or not. i also dont condone spear tackles.

Of course I do not condone it but we are RL and we have a body called the RFL that will not allow players to throw punches. So Tomkins having got an elbow in the much. Happens a lot v leeds kicked half heartedly like a girl and conceded 2 points for which he should be rollocked by his coaches. At least he didn't try to use a players head like a football as Senior did earlier in the season.

Menze Yere got sent off for an attempted spear tackle earlier this year, v Batley. To be honest, it looked like he just got into the wrong position - there was certainly no intent. He looked really confused when he'd been sent off as well.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Championship Player WC Eagle. The RFL punish them far worse than SL players. Odd but true.

I would agree with that. I think he got sending off sufficient - at the time, it didn't look like a sending off. Even the Batley fans seemed to be shocked when Menze got his marching orders.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

A spear tackle is an automatic red.

No it's not.

It is if you're Jordan Tansey. But then, he plays for Hull FC. Everybody picks on us, especially those nasty East Hull/Sydney people.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Typical pie eaters. A few weeks ago Keith Mason stood on Fieldens ankle and they wanted his head on a plate, no punishment was big enough. Now Tomkins does similar its not an issue!!!!!!!!

Mason is a cheap shot merchant but Tomkins is worse in my opinion. Its not the first cheap shot from him this season.

In fairness it was somert and nowt but so was Masons.

Same old Wigan always cheating!

Typical pie eaters. A few weeks ago Keith Mason stood on Fieldens ankle and they wanted his head on a plate, no punishment was big enough. Now Tomkins does similar its not an issue!!!!!!!!

Mason is a cheap shot merchant but Tomkins is worse in my opinion. Its not the first cheap shot from him this season.

In fairness it was somert and nowt but so was Masons.

Same old Wigan always cheating!

Typical idiot. That is a really considered contribution. The world is a better place for that insight. As for your sign off comment, I would have been disappointed had my 3 year old come out with that, even about St Helens. Joel is increasingly a liability to his club and himself. With Farrell coming on, Hoffman, Hock and Mossop coming back he will struggle to play much next year.