Forum Rules (For Attention of All Users)

Please note the Terms & Conditions of Use on our forums and ensure that your posts comply with them at all times or your posts may be removed and/or your account suspended/banned. If you see any posts which you think break our rules, please use the 'Report' button to bring them to the attention of our moderating team. Thank you for your support in keeping our forums suitable for a general audience.

Rugby League World Cup 2017 Official Tour Packages
Rugby League World
League Express
League Express

- - - - -

RIP Jack Hirst

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Parksider

• Coach
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

Another EX Hunslet player passes away.

#2 RobinHoodHawk

• Coach
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

RIP Jack .

Was Chief Scout at Hunslet for many years and no doubt steered numerous Oulton Juniors Hunslet's way over the years.

A true Gent who could always be seen at Rugby matches and around Rothwell.

#3 rodleydragons

• Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

he was very good friends with my grandad as they worked together at e.j.arnold at lockwood park near the ground and also knew my dad very well.r.i.p. jack

#4 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Used to see him many times in Rothwell, another great old player gone r.i.p. Thats Bernard Prior, Geoff Shelton and Jack Hirst in the last few months , sad times
Posted Image

#5 new orleans hawk

new orleans hawk
  • Coach
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

RIP big Jack, I had the pleasure of working with him on the committee at Oulton when he was chairman. He was a gent and had a great sense of humor. Never seemed happier than when he was around the kids. I know my own son George really looked up to him. God bless you Jack and all the family you left behind.
Posted Image