Forum Rules (For Attention of All Users)

Please note the Terms & Conditions of Use on our forums and ensure that your posts comply with them at all times or your posts may be removed and/or your account suspended/banned. If you see any posts which you think break our rules, please use the 'Report' button to bring them to the attention of our moderating team. Thank you for your support in keeping our forums suitable for a general audience.

Rugby League World Cup 2017 Official Tour Packages
League Express
Rugby League World
League Express

- - - - -

"A" Team sheets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

The Swinton Lions Tales & More project will be ongoing, and over the next few months we hope to develop a web-site that will be second to none in the sporting world.

A complete "wikipedia" if you like of all things Swinton (including the town as well as the club).

I'm trying to co-ordinate items of memorabilia to feature on the web-site, and to this end I was wondering if anyone has any old "A" Team sheets that they would be willing to pass on? They're not valuable or particularly collectible, but nevertheless they are a record of part of our club's history.

Any era would be very welcome.

Similarly does anyone have any old season ticket books?

#2 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

I've got a few in my collection Steve which you can have with pleasure. Mostly from the swingin' '60s priced 1d (one old penny).

#3 Furryenzo

• Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

sounds brilliant!
Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#4 Martin

• Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

#5 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Found them. They date from 1958 onwards. There are 28¾ of them. The "¾" is a Swinton A v Wigan A programme with the top bit missing.