Forum Rules (For Attention of All Users)

Please note the Terms & Conditions of Use on our forums and ensure that your posts comply with them at all times or your posts may be removed and/or your account suspended/banned. If you see any posts which you think break our rules, please use the 'Report' button to bring them to the attention of our moderating team. Thank you for your support in keeping our forums suitable for a general audience.

Rugby League World Cup 2017 Official Tour Packages
Rugby League World
League Express
League Express

- - - - -

Shaun Magennis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 9,507 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

From twitter it seams that Shaun Magennis has retired due to injuries. Always sad to see a career cut short.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#2 shun

• Coach
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

yeah sad to see, very good player also, http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/20711574

#3 giwildgo

• Coach
  • 4,058 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Irrespective of my feelings about him in the heat of the moment last season, it's sad to see such a young player have to call it a day. The extent of knee problems he suffered also explain why such a highly rated prospect failed to reach his potential in Saints first team. I wish him all the best for the future.

#4 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Jack Pedley - hooker at Barrow has also had to retire at the age of 23 due to persistent shoulder injuries.