With exactly six months to go to the tournament Rugby League World Cup 2013 organisers have announced kick-off times for all matches.
The first two matches will follow the Opening Ceremony at The Millennium Stadium, Cardiff with England v Australia starting the tournament at 2.30pm. Host nation Wales will then face new boys Italy at 4.30pm.
The ‘Big Hit’ semi-final double header will see the best four teams in the tournament go head to head at Wembley Stadium. The first game (Winner of Quarter-final 1 v Winner of Quarter-Final 3) will kick off at 1.00pm and the second (Winner of Quarter-final 2 v Winner of Quarter-final 4) will start at 3.30pm.
The Rugby League World Cup Final, which will be shown live on BBC1, will kick off at 2.30pm, at Old Trafford.
All of the games at the group stages which take place on a week day will be evening kick-offs. Where two games happen in a day at separate locations there is a minimum of four hours between kick-offs.
RLWC2013 Tournament General Manager, Sally Bolton said “After the recent confirmation of the BBC and Premier Sports as broadcasters for the tournament, we’re delighted to now announce the kick-off times.
“It’s great that with six months to go fans who have been waiting to buy tickets and plan trips around the tournament can do so. We expect demand for all tickets at all games to be high, today and over the weekend.
“Despite the wait for information the ‘big three’ games have been selling consistently well. So fans considering attending those still need to act quickly to make sure they’ll be there at the best international Rugby League tournament there has ever been.”
RLWC2013 Tournament Schedule
Group games - Round one
1. Saturday 26th October Millennium Stadium, Cardiff Australia v England (A) 14:30
2. Saturday 26th October Millennium Stadium, Cardiff Wales v Italy (C/D) 16:30
3. Sunday 27th October MS3 Craven Park, Hull PNGv France ( B ) 16:00
4. Sunday 27th October Halliwell Jones, Warrington New Zealand v Samoa ( B ) 18:00
5. Monday 28th October Spotland Stadium, Rochdale Fiji v Ireland (A) 20:00
6. Tuesday 29th October Derwent Park, Workington Tonga v Scotland © 20:00
7. Wednesday 30th October The Memorial Stadium, Bristol USA v Cook Islands (D) 20:00
Group games - Round two
8. Friday 1st November Parc des Sports, Avignon New Zealand v France ( B ) 20:00*
9. Saturday 2nd November John Smith’s, Huddersfield England v Ireland (A) 14:30
10. Saturday 2nd November Langtree Park, St Helens Australia v Fiji (A) 20:00
11. Sunday 3rd November Glyndŵr University RS, Wrexham Wales v USA (D) 14:00
12. Sunday 3rd November Derwent Park, Workington Scotland v Italy © 16:00
13. Monday 4th November MS3 Craven Park, Hull PNG v Samoa ( B ) 20:00
14. Tuesday 5th November Leigh Sports Village, Leigh Tonga v Cook Islands (C/D) 20:00
Group games - Round three
15. Thursday 7th November Salford City Stadium, Salford Scotland v USA (C/D) 20:00
16. Friday 8th November Headingley Carnegie, Leeds New Zealand v PNG ( B ) 20:00
17. Saturday 9th November KC Stadium, Hull England v Fiji (A) 14:30
18. Saturday 9th November Thomond Park, Limerick Australia v Ireland (A) 20:00
19. Sunday 10th November The Gnoll, Neath Wales v Cook Islands (D) 14:00
20. Sunday 10th November The Shay, Halifax Tonga v Italy © 16:00
21. Monday 11th November Gilbert Brutus, Perpignan France v Samoa ( B ) 20:00*
22. Friday 15th November Headingley Carnegie, Leeds Winner B v Winner C (QF1) 20:00
23. Saturday 16th November Glyndŵr University RS, Wrexham Winner A v Winner D (QF2) 13:00
24. Saturday 16th November DW Stadium, Wigan Runner Up A v 3rd Place B (QF3) 20:00
25. Sunday 17th November Halliwell Jones, Warrington Runner Up B v 3rd Place A (QF4) 15:00
26. Saturday 23rd November Wembley Stadium, London Winner Q/F 1 v Winner Q/F 3 (SF1) 13:00
27. Saturday 23rd November Wembley Stadium, London Winner Q/F 2 v Winner Q/F 4 (SF2) 15:30
The Rugby League World Cup Final
28. Saturday 30th November Old Trafford, Manchester Winner S/F 1 v Winner S/F 2 14:30
NOTE: All kick off times shown are local (please note games 8 and 21 will kick off at 19:00 GMT) and are subject to change