28 Apr: SL: Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Draw
    • Wigan Warriors

Discuss Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wire should win this, even if The Brev is fit.

I expect them to be 8-10 points up just before half time, at which point they can bring on the Ref's protective gear to ensure there is no jiggery pokery arranged for the second half.

0f16d23a0d82a5021135ea47eff6113b.jpg

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

In that age old squad number 1 to 13 game (deluxe editions available on amazon), we score 6 and they score 12 of their players available.

Against the equal best team in the league (with Cats), and so soon after they owned us at their place a defeat is far more likely than a victory, even with the referee being Mr J Bateman.

However, even if we lose we will have got to the temporary respite of the free cup week end at most 2 off the top, and we could have 12 out of our 13 available in a couple of weeks. In adversity (though you have to wonder how much is self inflicted when you are without so many for so long), we have developed a virtually unwatchable "style" whereby we compensate for having no flair or structure with forwards bashing it forward and Gelling trying trick shots. And, err, that's it. So, as long as Wire have their wits about them they should get 20 points in front, until they get tired (or bored to death in all likelihood), and we make it respectable by the end. In fact, exactly the same as the DW.

Finally, in anticipation of watching this a few times tomorrow, what is it that Penny does after scoring? Is he eating a bowl of porridge, in a secret message to his nutritionist that slow release grains are his breakfast of choice?

In that age old squad number 1 to 13 game (deluxe editions available on amazon), we score 6 and they score 12 of their players available.

Against the equal best team in the league (with Cats), and so soon after they owned us at their place a defeat is far more likely than a victory, even with the referee being Mr J Bateman.

However, even if we lose we will have got to the temporary respite of the free cup week end at most 2 off the top, and we could have 12 out of our 13 available in a couple of weeks. In adversity (though you have to wonder how much is self inflicted when you are without so many for so long), we have developed a virtually unwatchable "style" whereby we compensate for having no flair or structure with forwards bashing it forward and Gelling trying trick shots. And, err, that's it. So, as long as Wire have their wits about them they should get 20 points in front, until they get tired (or bored to death in all likelihood), and we make it respectable by the end. In fact, exactly the same as the DW.

Finally, in anticipation of watching this a few times tomorrow, what is it that Penny does after scoring? Is he eating a bowl of porridge, in a secret message to his nutritionist that slow release grains are his breakfast of choice?

I am led to believe he won't tell. All he will say is, it is something between him and his son.

This should be a cracker! In gonna risk a wire win by 4 points.

This is the Woolston Rovers ARLFC community day too, so there will be pre and matches on, as well as Woolston youngsters flag hearing and being mascots.

There will also e a few bucket collectors too, as we are saving up for some well needed new chaninging rooms!!

So guys, if your attending the game, regardless of which amateur club you hale from. Chuck a few coins into the buckets and help this cause! I would if it was another club.

Will be a test for us to see how we can go without Sandow. Mixed so far, although still only Hudds have scored more tries than us in a match this year.

Wigan, whatever team they have know how to defend, ignoring that Wakey game so itll be tough for us.

Hope Warrington win.

Now you've done it.

The WDL will be out in force before you can say a quiet word in the Ref's ear.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

I can't call this match. If I was forced to put my fiver on a team, I'd probably plump for Warrington, but I really don't know. Not just that it could be a close one either - it's just as likely that one team could run away with this.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I can't see past a home win; the Wigan team is still in tatters, though George Williams is named on the bench so that's one on their way back. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Strong Wire team. Similar build up to the Saints game a few weeks back though.

Russell

Penny

Evans

Atkins

Lineham

Gidley

Ratchford

Hill

Clark

Sims

Hughes

Currie

Westerman

King

Westwood

Jullien

Cox

Tough game. Bentham will be on message from minute one, no need to wait for half-time.

Hopefully Lineham has a point to prove.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Regardless of the result, we will go into the break at worst 2 points off the top. I have no idea how - in a way we have borrowed from Saints' song sheet from a couple of years ago - but that'll do for now. Hope it's a good game - for some reason they don't produce classics as often as our games against Saints or Leeds - it is often clear from very early who is going to win. We had a run of Thursday night classics, but have had less luck recently.

Looking forward to this one. Expect Warrington to get the win, but hoping it goes right down to the final seconds!

Only three overseas players in each squad. Plenty of English talent on show.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Bosh! Lineham felt that

He should have noted Tony's surname. Clubb by name...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived