28 May: SL: Catalans Dragons v Hull KR KO 6pm

Who will win?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Draw
    • Hull KR

Discuss Catalans Dragons v Hull KR here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

COME ON ROVERS!*

There, I've said it now, time for a lie down.

(*I reserve the right to switch allegiences once kick off time approaches if I start feeling ill.)

Catalans 26 Hull KR 28.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Sorry but I don't think any posts about players receiving season ending injuries are in great taste, although obviously I'm sure nobody was wishing this to happen.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Campese not playing?, clearly this isn't Rovers' cup final.

Navarrete and Yaha take the place of Mason and Da Costa in the 19.

Probable team :

1. Gigot
2. Broughton
3. Horo
4. Duport
5. Richards (Yaha in the 19 though)
6. Carney
7. Albert
8. Taylor
9. Pelissier or Bosc
10. Casty
11. Anderson
12. Stewart
13. Baitieri

INT : Bousquet, Mounis, Maria, Pelissier or Bosc. 

Probable team :

1. Gigot

2. Broughton

3. Horo

4. Duport

6. Carney

7. Albert

8. Taylor

9. Pelissier or Bosc

10. Casty

11. Anderson

12. Stewart

13. Baitieri

Any chance of Yaha playing instead of richards? We really need to sort out Horo in the centres

Any chance of Yaha playing instead of richards? We really need to sort out Horo in the centres

Well we don't want to put Gigot back to centre so we're going to play with Horo in the spot for the remainder of the season. 

EDIT : as for Yaha, I dont know. I'd like to. Albert can kick.

Sorry but I don't think any posts about players receiving season ending injuries are in great taste, although obviously I'm sure nobody was wishing this to happen.

I certainly don't want Campese to get hurt. However past experience suggest that he might if he plays again.

Hull KR apparently are worried about that possibility too, if the report of him not playing is correct.

Probable team :

1. Gigot

2. Broughton

3. Horo

4. Duport

6. Carney

7. Albert

8. Taylor

9. Pelissier or Bosc

10. Casty

11. Anderson

12. Stewart

13. Baitieri

Yaha will be a good player but he is a year and a half early in SL. Too naïve in defence and needs some weight off.

Not sure if resting Campese is sensible or negative in this instance. I'm pretty sure they won't get anything whether he plays or not, but they are running out of games if they want to make the 8. Can't afford to pick and choose games to target.

Lucas Albert will start the game.

This is a good game for Albert to play in against a struggling hull kr and at home. Isn't this Alberts 2nd game?

He played against Batley in the cup. Had a quiet game.

Didn't he make his super league debut against widnes last year?

He played against Widnes and Huddersfield last year IIRC.

Do you think that this will be Albert's last year playing in the u19's for the dragons with him playing in the reserves next year?

Do you think that this will be Albert's last year playing in the u19's for the dragons with him playing in the reserves next year?

We'll he's still 17 so he's got plenty of time!

I think Albert is better off with playing against English talent in the Academies. I hope he'll play circa 10 games next year, in SL.

We'll he's still 17 so he's got plenty of time!

I think Albert is better off with playing against English talent in the Academies. I hope he'll play circa 10 games next year, in SL.

I thought he was 18 but like you say he's got plenty of time playing in the u19's with maybe getting 20 games under his belt playing in super league over the next 2 years.

I understand why Campese isn't in the team. Even the most optimistic Rovers fan knows, especially with our unbelievable injury list all year, a guy with this much influence just coming back from near a year out is just too much a risk to take, with the crucial part of the season coming up.

It's not a game I expect us to get close, never mind win.

Archived