Friday night rugby league on the BBC

Prime time, BBC2 (nationally) on a day when Euro 2016 isn't on. It's all good!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A good advert for the game. Close score right to the end and a good atmosphere.

And yes I checked on BBC2 England, BBC2 Scotland, BBC2 Wales and BBC2 N. Ireland all at the same time and a good time at that not a delayed 11pm highlights package.

The game didn't get a mention on the news this morning, nor did this afternoon's game. It's not great suprise as Sally Nugent hates anything that isn't Soccer, Union or Tennis.

First of all good game and the covergae was excellent and given my views on Aunty might come as a surprise.

However, as Mark  S  points out the coverage of our sport still bears no relation to a prime time match, the importance of the event and probably not to the viewing figures either. Which means the beeb and media generally are still more represenative of some sports and not others which is nub of the problem.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Why dont Sky take notice and get rid of all their dead wood?

I appreciate it's different when the same people are on every week of the season but all you have to do is to rotate commentators/analysts,so you dont get tired of them.Ofcourse,they first have to be of a sufficiently professional standard in the first place,not a group of semi literate clowns.

For those of you unable to watch the Sky game this afternoon,Stevo says the 'defence is confused',the 'coach is furious',his 'analysis' of the best try of the afternoon is 'forward pass',when the first penalty is given for holding down,he says there are plenty to chose from! and when there is an aimless kick down field,its a great kick,until it runs dead.

The game didn't get a mention on the news this morning, nor did this afternoon's game. It's not great suprise as Sally Nugent hates anything that isn't Soccer, Union or Tennis.

That's something I can never understand why show a program and not have a follow up mention ?

I would say the BBC News team have little to do with the production team for the CC.

I would hazard a guess, BBC News didn't even know the BBC 2 were televising the games.

So you think they're just incompetent?

The intro into the Saturday game involved the voice over announcing "we'll be returning to Glastonbury later but now the Rugby League CC"

This is one of those things where if you commented people would think you're too sensitive but to be honest I'm always greatful when we haven't missed several tries and great moves before they return to the game!

Not much wrong with that, plenty of people will have been tuning in for Glastonbury and it would make sense to make them aware of when its on. I just wish they did the same for RL, which they also show occasionally.

Yes but they wouldn't have, would they?

Archived