Jamie Soward

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not Saints,possibly London.

London ain't in SL and Soward's salary is probably more than the entire London team combined 

If he did drop down into the Championship, while he's still capable of playing at SL level its pretty much admitting he's on his way to retirement.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

London ain't in SL and Soward's salary is probably more than the entire London team combined

Besides which he wont drop down into the Championship, not while he's still capable of playing at SL level

Lets wait and see who he goes to. Just going from something from oz.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

If he did drop down into the Championship, while he's still capable of playing at SL level its pretty much admitting he's on his way to retirement.

Signing for Saints would also be admitting it.

Signing for Saints would also be admitting it.

If its Championship rugby he wants he should join his mate Segyaro at Leeds. Not long to go now before your playing league games against Leigh, London & Batley :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:

If its Championship rugby he wants he should join his mate Segyaro at Leeds. Not long to go now before your playing league games against Leigh, London & Batley :tongue::tongue::tongue:

I like going to Batley. Nice little ground. Keep dreaming though. Can't see anyone going to Saints with Ren and Stimpy in charge.

I like going to Batley. Nice little ground. Keep dreaming though. Can't see anyone going to Saints with Ren and Stimpy in charge.

No panic - Stimpy will soon be shipped off to Huddersfield and Ren will suffer a catastrophic head injury as someone mysteriously connects his over-sized headphones into a 240V socket my mistake, leading him to realize he's actually clueless about coaching and he'll resign  :tongue:

When he returned to Australia a few years ago Jamie Soward told the media that his last stint at London was the best three months of his life.

No doubt his salary for the remaining three months of this year can be covered by David Hughes.

10pts to Terry Webb. It's official:

JAMIE Soward’s NRL career appears to be officially over after the Panthers released the veteran five-eighth to take up a deal in England.

Soward was dropped to NSW Cup several weeks ago and a move away from Penrith had been rumoured for some time.

Don’t miss Jamie Soward’s first interview after leaving the Panthers. Tune into NRL 360 on Fox Sports 501, 6.30pm (AEST) tonight to catch it!

The 31-year old will rejoin the London Broncos after playing nine matches at the club in 2013.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/panthers/jamie-soward-officially-released-by-penrith-to-rejoin-london-broncos/news-story/3aa4e0056f848d6cb55747bf5087aad6

He's probably better than any Half back or stand off in Super League.

I suspect if London don't get promoted he will join a Super League team.

I think the chances of a Championship side playing in Super League next season have soared

Your probably right. Superb player.

The only reason I can think why he would drop down into the Championship is that he's agreed a SL deal for 2017 but that club don't have cap space to take him this year so he's using London in order to keep his fitness up.

Soward is as good as any HB in SL and miles ahead of any in the Championship. He'll improve London massively but I still can't see them getting anywhere near SL. The bottom 4 SL clubs this year are way too strong for London.

Archived