SL players facing charges at the RFL Disciplinary tomorrow..

Ben Crooks - Grade A dangerous contact.

Scott Moore - Grade A high tackle 

Taulima Tautai - Grade B dangerous contact 

Josh Charnley - Grade C deliberate physical contact with a match official

Just goes to show there's no favouritism for Wigan at the RFL.

Ahem.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

charnley deserves a ban you just can't touch a ref, tautai nothing in it it happens more than once every game every week but he will get a ban because the fans want it.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Charnley in the 64th minute, Tautai in the 33rd minute.

See here

Personally, I feel they'll have to do a fair bit more to clear the way for a Hull SF win.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

charnley deserves a ban you just can't touch a ref, tautai nothing in it it happens more than once every game every week but he will get a ban because the fans want it.

If you see that type of tackle every week you must watch Wigan.

Is it that time already?

I went to see a brilliant farce at the week end - called The Play That Went Wrong.

It has this scene in which the dialogue goes in circles because one of the cast forgets the line he is supposed to say - so everything gets repeated over and over at increasing speed while the actors get more and more annoyed and perturbed.

It was, however, funny when they did it. :)

:biggrin:

The thread was about Crooks and Moore really, I threw the others in for effect.

Josh Charnley 2 match ban and £300 fine.

Talima Tautai pleads not guilty to dangerous contact.

Found guilty, 2 match ban, £300 fine.

Never mind Wigan - I was hoping they'd be at full strength for the semi as we'll never hear the last of "plucky Wigan with only 2 regular fit players and 25 injured etc etc"!

What about t'others?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Talima Tautai pleads not guilty to dangerous contact.

Found guilty, 2 match ban, £300 fine.

What's disappointing is that this type of tackle is only a Grade B and despite pleading Not Guilty he only gets 2 matches. These tackles need clamping down on

It will be interesting to see if he appeals especially as he pleaded Not Guilty

Just Ben Crooks now then..

Chair of the Committee, Mr Mixhael Crane expanded on the Panel's thinking. "We felt that anything less than 2 matches for whatever they did (and frankly I didn't bother looking at the video nonsense) would send out the wrong message to the game. We have put the entire club on notice that any player showing any form at all on Friday will be banned for at least one game (which by my maths will be enough). To be honest we would like to reach a point where we can play our Academy side and win. Though as we don't have one... Is it that time already - mine's a (bus to) London Pride."

I wonder if we'll get a comment from HKR following Boudebza's 4 match ban for the same offence as Tautai at the start of the season?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Chair of the Committee, Mr Mixhael Crane expanded on the Panel's thinking. "We felt that anything less than 2 matches for whatever they did (and frankly I didn't bother looking at the video nonsense) would send out the wrong message to the game. We have put the entire club on notice that any player showing any form at all on Friday will be banned for at least one game (which by my maths will be enough). To be honest we would like to reach a point where we can play our Academy side and win. Though as we don't have one... Is it that time already - mine's a (bus to) London Pride."

Was it really worth the effort mate?

What's disappointing is that this type of tackle is only a Grade B and despite pleading Not Guilty he only gets 2 matches. These tackles need clamping down on

It will be interesting to see if he appeals especially as he pleaded Not Guilty

This tackle will always have a chance of being committed, given Coaches methods in 'working' the player and slowing the PTB down.

So, in the Officials remits to prevent players 'working' the ball carrier, on the ground, it is now coached to happen stood up. But, for the defending team, this prevents a problem. The ball carrier can still make yards, thus the 'pin' tackle or similar, to prevent gaining ground, and the risk to lower joints of the ball carrier.

No sleight on any club, but this has increased risk to players livelihoods now and in the future.

This tackle will always have a chance of being committed, given Coaches methods in 'working' the player and slowing the PTB down.

So, in the Officials remits to prevent players 'working' the ball carrier, on the ground, it is now coached to happen stood up. But, for the defending team, this prevents a problem. The ball carrier can still make yards, thus the 'pin' tackle or similar, to prevent gaining ground, and the risk to lower joints of the ball carrier.

No sleight on any club, but this has increased risk to players livelihoods now and in the future.

Correct

And the first coach to suffer a player being injured by this type of tackle will be outraged despite having coached this type of tackle

Was it really worth the effort mate?

Art for art's sake. :)

Joan Bakewell would have loved it.

(Did you write the Hull Daily Mail article that came out within seconds - they've simultaneously declared a holiday for the black and white half of the city in celebration and bemoaned the O'Loughlin decision - good work!)

Archived