Who cares ?

Just wondering who actually cares about the game

Ireland rl certainly don't

Yesterday a full Irish born under 19's played a largely English born Scottish 19's in Belfast ....

Today

In their first ever international at under 16's a full Irish born team bar 1 heritage played a Welsh team in Ashbourne

..,,and how would anyone know of this ????

Because at the minute rli don't even bother sending representatives to internationals

,let alone report about them !!!!!!!

They don't even follow "league" rules

It's a shambles what's happening in Ireland

And the list of crazy things going on is embarrassing

The same board has been their for donkeys

And what have they done ....repeatedly voting themselves back in is one thing they have done well

....bar for a handful of people rugby league Ireland wouldn't have an underage system

...the chairman /director hasn't even bothered turning up for the 1st ever game at this level ...so what is the role ...showing up on senior internationals and getting a holiday every 4 yrs to a World Cup seems to be the only function they do ...

I could write till tomorrow about the shambles and the state of organisation

But I'll list the crucial ones

-board is a complete mess

Couldn't organise a ###### up

In a brewery

-funding ...????

It always seems to disappear

-league structure

A mess

No 19's league

All Ireland league isn't working

Teams are packing sides with union props and killing any skilful players of in the game due to unlimited substitutions eg one team turned up this year to play a match with 28 players all of which played

-games representative are only a ###### take the origin series is shambolic

Teams get together night before game pretty much

-standard of coaching ....well there are none

-treatment of ex players /members ..their being eradicated from the game here ,anyone who ever had an opinion is out ...the amount of people who have walked away from the game is staggering ..teams are disappearing

...no one batters an eye lid

...also ex internationals don't even get a thank you from the organisation when they retire ,eg ..Stuart littler ..an incredibly proud Irishman who never failed to turn up year on year retired from Ireland this year and wasn't even thanked for his efforts

The organisation is an absolute disgrace

Wrong, we can organise things.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I was waiting to throw in the line Badly. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just wondering who actually cares about the game

Ireland rl certainly don't

Yesterday a full Irish born under 19's played a largely English born Scottish 19's in Belfast ....

Today

In their first ever international at under 16's a full Irish born team bar 1 heritage played a Welsh team in Ashbourne

..,,and how would anyone know of this ????

Because at the minute rli don't even bother sending representatives to internationals

,let alone report about them !!!!!!!

They don't even follow "league" rules

It's a shambles what's happening in Ireland

And the list of crazy things going on is embarrassing

The same board has been their for donkeys

And what have they done ....repeatedly voting themselves back in is one thing they have done well

....bar for a handful of people rugby league Ireland wouldn't have an underage system

...the chairman /director hasn't even bothered turning up for the 1st ever game at this level ...so what is the role ...showing up on senior internationals and getting a holiday every 4 yrs to a World Cup seems to be the only function they do ...

I could write till tomorrow about the shambles and the state of organisation

But I'll list the crucial ones

-board is a complete mess

Couldn't organise a ###### up

In a brewery

-funding ...????

It always seems to disappear

-league structure

A mess

No 19's league

All Ireland league isn't working

Teams are packing sides with union props and killing any skilful players of in the game due to unlimited substitutions eg one team turned up this year to play a match with 28 players all of which played

-games representative are only a ###### take the origin series is shambolic

Teams get together night before game pretty much

-standard of coaching ....well there are none

-treatment of ex players /members ..their being eradicated from the game here ,anyone who ever had an opinion is out ...the amount of people who have walked away from the game is staggering ..teams are disappearing

...no one batters an eye lid

...also ex internationals don't even get a thank you from the organisation when they retire ,eg ..Stuart littler ..an incredibly proud Irishman who never failed to turn up year on year retired from Ireland this year and wasn't even thanked for his efforts

Like i have said in other threads. Match day awareness and a little bit more more effort from some people on the payroll.

Like i have said in other threads. Match day awareness and a little bit more more effort from some people on the payroll.

There are only a handful of people actually putting in work

And none of them receive anything

The senior players need to help

Out

Put on caching seminars and do a small bit to try and help the underage jnternationals sides

League has a massive chance in Ireland

But what is happening with regards to certain decisions are putting it back 10/20 years ....in little less than 5 years Ireland could have a senior side made up of Irish born and heritage players with the split being 50/50

On 10

Years they could have an 80/20 ratio

With the heritage players being the best available due to an influx of Irish players playing semi/pro of the back of them playing a high level of underage games which resulted in them getting contracts

A blind man can see what's happening now ain't working

There are only a handful of people actually putting in work

And none of them receive anything

The senior players need to help

Out

Put on caching seminars and do a small bit to try and help the underage jnternationals sides

But what is happening with regards to certain decisions are putting it back 10/20 years ....in little less than 5 years Ireland could have a senior side made up of Irish born and heritage players with the split being 50/50

On 10

With the heritage players being the best available due to an influx of Irish players playing semi/pro of the back of them playing a high level of underage games which resulted in them getting contracts

What i was referring too was that a little bit of help from Red Hall would be useful

Have they even started advertising the game against Jamaica?

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

As far as im concerned the RLEF are responsible to ensure that the correct standard of governance, qualified coaching, application of rules are being adhered too. If they're not then they need to act and have the correct decision making and appeals processes in place. Until we get past pins on the map attitude without these things then nothing will change but given that the RLEF page is suspended http://www.rlef.eu.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi then that seems unlikely. Wiki says that the RLI are full members of the RLEF. How is that even remotely possible? We have the associate and observer status system so why isnt this used correctly? I rather have the true NGBs (Enagld, France, Wales, Serbia etc) setting the standards and everyone else as obsevers and associates with real progress and real development being awarded. At the moment the RLI are ahead of the Spanish and get the same voting rights as everyone else!

The RLEF are such a useful concept but it needs sorting out on a firm basis not lovely looking maps representing fantasy not reality. 

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

On 10

I agree, but I don't think there's a chance of that happening without the English game funding it. The onus really is on England to develop the home nations. I think one possible way (maybe the only way) of this happening is to have an Irish team in the Super League...just as a French team is, and kiwi team in the NRL. It's good having players from your own country playing for the national team, but even that maybe not enough if there isn't an actual club team from Ireland (or Wales and Scotand)...Brian Carney didn't really get that much publicity in Ireland when he played RL...I'm sure if he had played for a Dublin team in SL it would have been a different story.

Realistically there won't be any more English teams in SL (eleven already looks a tad too many...smallest teams with gates of 4 to 5000..Salford sometimes 2000). Add one each from Ireland, Wales and Scotland...and protect them (no relegation, and give them a leg up in other areas to help them prosper). So let's say 9 English teams, 2 from France (adding Toulouse), and one each from the other three home nations...14 team league.

I agree, but I don't think there's a chance of that happening without the English game funding it. The onus really is on England to develop the home nations. I think one possible way (maybe the only way) of this happening is to have an Irish team in the Super League...just as a French team is, and kiwi team in the NRL. It's good having players from your own country playing for the national team, but even that maybe not enough if there isn't an actual club team from Ireland (or Wales and Scotand)...Brian Carney didn't really get that much publicity in Ireland when he played RL...I'm sure if he had played for a Dublin team in SL it would have been a different story.

Realistically there won't be any more English teams in SL (eleven already looks a tad too many...smallest teams with gates of 4 to 5000..Salford sometimes 2000). Add one each from Ireland, Wales and Scotland...and protect them (no relegation, and give them a leg up in other areas to help them prosper). So let's say 9 English teams, 2 from France (adding Toulouse), and one each from the other three home nations...14 team league.

Didnt we try that already?!

France and NZ are established RL playing nations. A bloke ranting about about the governance in a low level junior amateur comp (I sympathise, it sounds a mess) isnt justification to add an Irish team into SL. My girlfriends family are Irish and on visits there most of the population dont know there are two types of rugby and those that do are quite anti-RL. Similar salted earth in Scotland I would think. Love to know where the players would come from...Salford perhaps.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

France and NZ are established RL playing nations. A bloke ranting about about the governance in a low level junior amateur comp (I sympathise, it sounds a mess) isnt justification to add an Irish team into SL. My girlfriends family are Irish and on visits there most of the population dont know there are two types of rugby and those that do are quite anti-RL. Similar salted earth in Scotland I would think. Love to know where the players would come from...Salford perhaps.

Train in Batley during the week and fly out to Limerick for games at the weekend  ;)

Try what? (my knowledge is very limited on RL history). France and NZ largely rely on one club in terms of the profile of the sport in each country...so we are not talking an impossible set up to replicate. Read on here the other day NZ have about 50 players to choose from for the Kiwis, France less tha half that. RU being popular in Wales, Scotland and Ireland..surely it wouldnt be that difficult to garner interest in playing RL (basically the backs that play RU). Ireland gets sky sports so unless there's a black out every time the RL comes in then sports fans will know about RL.

Look, we have the issue that we want RLEF to help every nation but - and I may be wrong here - how does the RLEF Know what each nation requires.

What I would put in place is the following:

1. That every nation outside of the top tier rank annually submits a 2 year plan (yes an annual 2 year plan makes sense as each year it can be tweaked rather than waiting to update it every 2 years). The plan should show targets; resources required; income towards targets: shortfall in income and other resources etc.

2. The RLEF then have a good idea where each nation is tracking and can allocate resources accordingly

3. Resources nations will require

Money - the big ussue. Why cant all SL and NRL games contribute 2% of match takings to the RLEF. This means you have roughly 370 SL and NRL games, you can also add in play offs and internationals. If each game generates on average just £1,000 you would get near to £400,000 before any WC money is added. You would have this income ANNUALLY and not just every 4 years.

£400,000 may not seem a great deal but as an example the exchange rate between UK and Chile is 1 to 900 pesos. So £10,000 therefore might be a massive sum at their stage of development.

Marketing/Promotion etc.

As a basic starter the RLEF should have someone in full time employment helping every country in promoting the game. They only need an office and computer. Develop a package of info and then help to develop literature, provide advice etc. A small cost for such a vital role.

Long term I would hope that the RLEF creates a dedicated full time team to assist every nation across every issue the nations face in developing RL into a world game.

Therefore the key for me is that we need to raise income for the RLEF annually rather than hope for a successful WC.

Archived