BBC HYS

I know we are all sick to death of the Wendall-esque posters on here (Leigh fans)  but the BBC have published a story about the club with a Have Your Say section. We rarely get a HYS section as a sport; very few people ever comment (usually less than a 100) so I implore you all to post on it and show the BBC there is a market out there for HYS sections and RL. 

Sorry Leigh fans - just kidding about being sick to death of you! ;)

Linky Dinky may help.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Done and done.  Couldn't believe it when HYS was up on that!

Here's one opportunity to have your voices heard folks, spread the word and get posting!

Agreed.  I have added my comment.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

People have been concerned about the lack of coverage on the BBC for years.

Ask yourselves, why would the BBC put a 'Have Your Say' on one of the biggest stories in UK rugby league in the last couple of years, the promotion of a side from the new 8's system.

You can be assured that whether it be 1,035 comments or 35 comments, decisions are going to be made based on it.

This is the fans chance to make a difference and it's an opportunity handed to us on a plate.  Share the heck out of it on Facebook & Twitter, on your Supporters Groups pages, tag as many people as you can, pick up the phone and call your friends!  35 comments in 24 hours is simply not good enough, the RL community is WAY better than that.

Get the word out!  Register and comment!  Demand more Rugby League from the BBC!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/37350474

Looking at the still illustrated comments sections on the BBC site

77 comments on golf.

83, 127 for tennis.

128 for F1

165 for soccer.

598 for the Olympics

56 for Rugby League.

Seeing as Leighs rise  is not on the tip of every fans tongue, seeing as the BBC queered its pitch with RL fans after removing its interactivity and as a result has little of us looking for its content that isn't too bad. 

Looking at the still illustrated comments sections on the BBC site

77 comments on golf.

83, 127 for tennis.

128 for F1

165 for soccer.

598 for the Olympics

56 for Rugby League.

Seeing as Leighs rise is not on the tip of every fans tongue, seeing as the BBC queered its pitch with RL fans after removing its interactivity and as a result has little of us looking for its content that isn't too bad.

Also, the infrequency of HYS articles in the rugby league section will mean that lots of people who visit the rugby league pages may not even notice an article is open for comment.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know why they only allow a HYS section for every report? SkySports are the same!

It seems to be totally haphazard. There weren't any articles open for comment for ages, then two in quick succession. If it was a regular thing, there would probably be more responses.

It also takes staff to moderate comments sections, and that costs money.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived