Rugby League round-up: Today in the NRL
Canberra Raiders hosted Penrith Panthers while James Graham’s Canterbury Bulldogs faced Sam Tomkins’ New Zealand Warriors.
What were the scores?
Both games were close – Penrith edged the Raiders 20-26, while the Bulldogs won by an even smaller margin, 16-12.
Who were the scorers?
Tries: Reece Robinson (1, 25), Jarrod Croker (30), Anthony Milford (71)
Goals: Jarrod Croker 2/4
Tries: David Simmons (5, 51), Josh Mansour (16), Matthew Moylan (21), James Segeyaro (46)
Goals: Jamie Soward 3/5
Tries: Mitch Brown (30), James Graham (44), Greg Eastwood (52)
Goals: Trent Hodkinson 2/4
Tries: Ben Matulino (13), Ben Henry (75)
Goals: Shaun Johnson 2/2
Any interesting stats?
Canberra v Penrith
- Shaun Fensom (Raiders) made 51 tackles. His nearest competitor was Penrith’s James Segeyaro with 38.
- Canberra’s Reece Robinson (169) and Anthony Milford (163) made the most metres. David Simmons (133) and Matthew Moylan (107) topped the Panthers’ charts.
- Canberra made three more handling errors (12) but conceded two less penalties (5).
- Penrith Panthers were forced to make two goal-line drop-outs, but Canberra didn’t have one.
- Penrith Panthers made five more tackles (282) and missed 15 more (37).
- Canberra had 29 more play-the-balls (171) and made 357 more metres than Penritgh (1,480).
Canterbury v New Zealand
- Michael Ennis (Bulldogs) made the most tackles (45), while New Zealand’s Nathan Friend (43) and Simon Mannering (41) came second and third in the tackle count. James Graham rounded up the top four with 36.
- James Graham made 42 more metres than anyone else on the pitch (204). Jacob Lillyman (Warriors, 162) came second, while Bulldog Sam Perett made 159.
- The game was played in Canterbury’s half more than the Warriors’ – with 44 minutes of play spent in Bulldogs territory.
- Canterbury played the ball 23 more times than the Warriors and made 154 more metres.
- New Zealand made three more line breaks but missed nine more tackles. They also made three try-saving tackles.
Want more Rugby League news and features? Subscribe to the online version of League Express newspaper and Rugby League World magazine. You can also connect with Total Rugby League on the social media platform of your choice.
|Print Only||Use Code:
TRLNEWS for £3 Discount
|Print / Digital||Print / Digital|