The World Cup group stages are over – and we now know the eight teams remaining in the fight to be crowned world champions.
But outside of the action taking place Down Under, there is plenty happening on this side of the globe – and this week’s League Express has all the latest goings on, news and insight into the world of rugby league. Here’s what we’ve got for you this week:
- There’s stadium news aplenty this week – starting with an exclusive interview with Castleford CEO Steve Gill on their plans for a new stadium at Five Towns Park. When will they be moving in? We’ll tell you..
- ..we’ve also the latest on Wakefield Trinity – and how Monday is another important day in their own stadium fight, as well as details on when they hope to confirm their home venue for 2018.
- We’ll tell you how and why one new signing at a Super League club has been PREVENTED from training with his new employers.
- There’s signing news at Castleford, as they line up another new face for 2018.
- We’ll tell you of a new arrival which has been confirmed at Hull Kingston Rovers..
- ..as well as the French international who played against England on Sunday that’s interesting several Super League clubs.
- On England, coach Wayne Bennett gives us his assessment of their 36-6 win against France – as does captain Sean O’Loughlin and prop Scott Taylor.
- There are strong words on the future of international rugby league from Ireland coach Mark Aston – who wants a Six Nations back on the agenda to boost the home nations in the coming years.
- There’s an exclusive two-page Q&A session with the new men at the helm at Warrington: Steve Price and Andrew Henderson – who discuss recruitment, the future and why the Wolves was the right move for them.
- Leeds fans – there’s an exclusive update on the World Club Challenge, and when we’re likely to receive confirmation of whether the Rhinos will face Melbourne next year.
- One leading Super League player hits out at the ‘hectic’ scheduling the competition is about to experience in 2018.
- There’s an exclusive interview with Wakefield star Matty Ashurst – who has big ambitions after agreeing a new four-year deal with the club..
All that plus the latest reports and reaction from EVERY game at the World Cup this weekend, all the latest Championship, League 1 and amateur news and much, much more. What’s more, you don’t need to wait until Monday – click here to read it now and get your hands on the paper before everyone else!