The Warrington Wolves Latest News Thread

Right, time for a proper club to get a thread of its own..

Apparently the new website will be along soon, and not before time. Meanwhile..

Warrington Website

To launch its sponsorship with Warrington Wolves, Lloyds TSB is looking for Warrington Wolves' most dedicated supporters. Every month of the season you'll be able to nominate and vote for a super fan to receive the Lloyds TSB Fan of the Month award

And..

Team Captain Lee Briers does not require an x-ray after limping from the field in the Warrington Wolves friendly against Salford City Reds, winning 24-12. Lee suffered a bang to the ankle and will undergo rehabilitation over the next week.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Jeez, this thread sucks.

Boooooo!!!!!!!

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

Jeez, this thread sucks.

Boooooo!!!!!!!

Just reported you to the mods.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Oi you, behave! Back in your basket! (EDIT - not you Archie, obviously. I meant that bob-all Vegas.)

Top thread Browny, I like it. biggrin.gif

Any news on Brent Grose anyone? Apparently he left the field on Sunday but a little mystery surrounds his exit. We are lacking in cover at centre if anything happens to him, Johnson, or that Gleeson fella.

Edited by Leeds Wire

A truly inclusive thread would bring in news and reports from the Wizards as well.

Boooo Woolston! Hiss!

No, of course Walterwire and milly (does she still knock around on TRL?) are more than welcome to post their news on this thread, as well as the other local Warrington sides.

Nice touch having the two retired props on the opening page! laugh.gif

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Oi you, behave! Back in your basket!

Top thread Browny, I like it. biggrin.gif

Any news on Brent Grose anyone? Apparently he left the field on Sunday but a little mystery surrounds his exit. We are lacking in cover at centre if anything happens to him, Johnson, or that Gleeson fella.

Not heard anything official: on the forums I heard he's expected to play in away friendly versus Oldham this evening, kick-off 7.45pm. All Warrington supporters able to attend are urged to go along and support a struggling local club.

Warrington are expected to field a strong side.

did he even get on the pitch sunday, thought he was injured before the game...what was more puzzling was him 'resting' rauhihi...

foxes or poor people?

Any news on Michael Eagar or Tawera Nikau?

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

Any news on ... Tawera Nikau?

New Zealand and Islander liaison Officer with the South Sydney Rabbitohs, as of November 2006.

This is nothing more than a bandwagon jumping thread rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif

Indeed, and Warrington is a good bandwagon to jump on. Welcome aboard.

Newsflash: my spanking new away shirt just arrived in my pigeon hole at work - and the shirt hasn't been officially released yet. blink.gif

Very efficient as I only ordered it yesterday afternoon!

Pics, opinion?

Oldham 42-6 Warrington.

Apparently we didn't put a strong side out after all, with only Pickersgill, Cooper, Penny and Riley from the first team squad playing. Nevertheless, pretty poor result for our u-21s. ph34r.gif

Had an interesting conversation with Simon Moran last week.

He was just hoping that the Reds didn't whitewash Wire again this season. At least we let you win the friendly Simon, if you tune into these pages wink.gif

Salford RLFC.

Les Diables Rouges Originaux 1934

Christopher Ellaby, my Dad, born 21 May 1920, died 4 August 2006.

Night Night God Bless Dad

• 2 weeks later...

This is slipping too far down the board.

Adrian Morley's column