The Warrington Wolves Latest News Thread

• 12 years later...
On 15/02/2007 at 10:43, Warrington Flyer said:

Do Latchford Albion still have an open age side, I used to play for the U16s and I trained with the open age when I was a lad.

So thats where the weird guy in the green suit came from! ?

(I was bored and had a look for the earliest thread on here... I was in my first year at Uni when this thread was last active - I'm 32 now!)

• Haha 3

Back in the day, the club’s website had its own forum.   I think it was from about 1999 to the mid-2000s.   There was an infamous poster who went under the handle of ‘Wire2004’ who used to get ripped for some crazy views.   I wonder what happened to him?   Some posters like me ended up on RLFANS and I didn’t even discover this forum until a few years ago.

On 31/01/2007 at 11:38, Just Browny said:

Right, time for a proper club to get a thread of its own.

Link please. ? 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Back in the day, the club’s website had its own forum.   I think it was from about 1999 to the mid-2000s.   There was an infamous poster who went under the handle of ‘Wire2004’ who used to get ripped for some crazy views.   I wonder what happened to him?   Some posters like me ended up on RLFANS and I didn’t even discover this forum until a few years ago.

Ahh yes, Wolfweb. Matt Rodwell was a regular poster until the season got going, then things turned sour fairly quickly.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

15 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

No Grand Final?  Where have you been, Damien?

Ah bless, its kind of sweet that you are clinging on to a final appearances. Of course I was referring to actually winning the Grand Final, I never realised that fans clung on to Grand Final appearances. Bless. I was indeed at 3 in that time where Warrington lost against Wigan. I suppose if we keep coming back to this thread for another 65 years then they may have won one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From four years before I joined the board.  I am surprised there was no contribution from Wendell - I've not been on long enough to know anything about him other than that he was constantly referred to on Wire threads when I first joined , and that others (the Orford Postman?) were seen as new identities for him.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

4 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

I was bored and had a look for the earliest thread on here...

Meh.

If webby hadn't reset it a couple of times ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 5 months later...
On 13/06/2019 at 18:49, Leeds Wire said:

Cas Vegas was ace.

Yes. Yes he was. Do you see?

?

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

2 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

Good to have you back!

Yes. Yes it is. And thankyou, Leeds Wire. ?

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.