Matt King To Warrington

It reminds me of the Leeds United situation where they were trying to spend to become one of the big boys.... look what happened there in the end!

(I know its not entirely the same situation...... but....)

Not only is it not entirely the same situation, but it bears absolutely no resemblance whatsoever. :rolleyes:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wolfwire

When wires signed Gleeson it was for 4 seasons '05,'06,'07,'08. STill over a year to go on his contract by my reckoning. If anyone wants him they had better bring their cheque book ready to write out the cheque for the hefty transfer fee! :lol:

When wires signed Gleeson it was for 4 seasons '05,'06,'07,'08. STill over a year to go on his contract by my reckoning. If anyone wants him they had better bring their cheque book ready to write out the cheque for the hefty transfer fee! :lol:

The other lad who wigna have been rumoured to be keen on is paul wood.

Again he is a wiganer.

If wire dont have to release a big name player then they will have a squad for the rest to be envious about and should be challenging for major honours.

Players will have to leave.

They have signed king, monaghan, hicks and anderson.

They will be losing Sullivan Rauhihi and Grose but the salaries of those dont match to those coming in.

There will be at least 1 big name departure if wire are going to stay under the cap.

well i've searched everywhere for players salaries and can't find 'em...you obviously know where they are so could you point me in the right direction....

foxes or poor people?

Its not beyond the realms of possibility Tricky, but I don't think Wire are a selling club these days.

We've not lost anyone to one of the 'big' clubs since Fozzard, if I remember rightly.

Looking at your league position, you should consider selling all of them.

King will go to Wire, and not make one iota of difference to a ###### team.

Honest opinion - He's not worth that.

He's no Lyon, Cooper, Hodges, Gasnier or Tonga is he? I agree he is the right type of import SL Clubs should target as he is a current International and S.O.O player but for that amount of cash? No Way.

He's no Lyon, Cooper, Hodges, Gasnier or Tonga is he? I agree he is the right type of import SL Clubs should target as he is a current International and S.O.O player but for that amount of cash? No Way.

FFS.

Could someone pease explain to certain posters that we DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THESE PLAYERS ARE BEING PAID.

How difficult is it to understand?

FFS.

Could someone pease explain to certain posters that we DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THESE PLAYERS ARE BEING PAID.

Except when it comes to Wigan players, whereby every member of this forum seems to get an e-mail directly from each players agent.

If Wigan and Bradford were seriously interested, then Wire must have offered him a lot of money to go to a club that, in all honesty, is going nowhere.

Guest Wolfwire

How much are we actually paying him though? He may just feel that wires are his best option,given the dodgy dealings at two of the other clubs who were interested in him. All the wild speculation about his wages is almost as bad as all the previous wild speculation from the wiganers who believed they had his signed contract in their back pocket! :D

Guest Wolfwire
Wire must have offered him a lot of money to go to a club that, in all honesty, is going nowhere.

Well they certainly aren't going to any hearings regarding their dodgy spending. :D:D:D:D:D

Well they certainly aren't going to any hearings regarding their dodgy spending. :D:D:D:D:D

Well they bloody well should be considering the amount they are spending and their current position.

NL1 needs Matt King.

FFS.

The title of this thread includes a speculative figure of Matt Kings projected salary, therefore my opinion has been offered based on this threads title topic.

If you get frustrated by TRL Posters discussing the topic of each thread then dont read them.

That easy enough to understand? :rolleyes:

Guest Wolfwire
The title of this thread includes a speculative figure of Matt Kings projected salary, therefore my opinion has been offered based on this threads title topic.

If you get frustrated by TRL Posters discussing the topic of each thread then dont read them.

That easy enough to understand? :rolleyes:

A speculative figure regarding his salary,that's exactly it........speculative. His actual contract is probably considerably less than that. None of us will ever know what he actually earns,that's between himself,his agent and the club.

I don't think many Wire fans would be too upset to see Gleeson go. When we signed him from Saints they got Lyon as a replacement, the rest is history. Gleeson seems to have the kind of attitude problem that's been rife at warrington for too long.

A move to Wigan would probably be good business all round as he might find some heart playing for his home town club.

Gleeson on form is an awesome player he just ain't showing it for us.

We all are aware of the Rumours Arch. Cullen has not acted to sort this Cancer within Warrington. Right at the top of the Chopping block should be Eddie's hero Lee Briers. Eddie should perhaps check a few things out. GFor me however, I'm more interested in the performance on the pitch and Briers and Gleeson consistently fail to hit the mark.

“THE enemy should be in no doubt that we are his Nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction. There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of Hell for Saddam. As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity. But those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others, I expect you to rock their world.

It is also Just possible that an international Centre like Matt King deserves over 200K a year. Why is it that Two bit football players are deserving of 40K a week, and a superb athlete like King or Barrett or Brent Webb, is somehow a party to salary cap breaches. It stinks.

Im happy to see League players retire at 32 with Business interests and perhaps their property paid off. When I was on holiday last year in Greece a Stoke City fan showed me an area where a Stoke city player had a Villa. It was superb, costing about 600K FFS. So when you see that you just know that King is deserving of his 250K per annum.

We need to reward international players better and International appearances should attract al least a

“THE enemy should be in no doubt that we are his Nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction. There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of Hell for Saddam. As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity. But those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others, I expect you to rock their world.

We all are aware of the Rumours Arch. Cullen has not acted to sort this Cancer within Warrington. Right at the top of the Chopping block should be Eddie's hero Lee Briers. Eddie should perhaps check a few things out. GFor me however, I'm more interested in the performance on the pitch and Briers and Gleeson consistently fail to hit the mark.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

foxes or poor people?

If this comes off it will be a massive signing for the Warrington club.

To sign a current Origin and Test player like King will strengthen the club no end, it could mean that someone 'big' is leaving the club - Gleeson looks the one to me.

If Gleeson stays I believe it could be Fai'filli that gets the chop.

Warrington 'possible' team 2008

Backs

1 S Reardon

2 C Hicks (GK)

3 M Gleeson

4 M King

5 K Penny

6 L Briers ©

7 M Monaghan

Pack

8 P Wood

9 L Anderson

10 A Morley

11 B Westwood

12 P Johnson

13 V Anderson

Bench

J Clarke

Parker

Bracek

Pickersgill

If this comes off it will be a massive signing for the Warrington club.

To sign a current Origin and Test player like King will strengthen the club no end, it could mean that someone 'big' is leaving the club - Gleeson looks the one to me.

If Gleeson stays I believe it could be Fai'filli that gets the chop.

Warrington 'possible' team 2008

Backs

1 S Reardon

2 C Hicks (GK)

3 M Gleeson

4 M King

5 K Penny

6 L Briers

Can someone show me why Warrington couldn't afford that team under the cap

Not sure this team would come under the salary cap.

Briers, Morley and Gleeson are on a fair wedge with Johnson and Reardon not far behind I bet!

If you add 3 highly paid imports in Monaghan and Hicks then Matt King then I wouldnt think you could get that under the Salary Cap limit.

Not sure this team would come under the salary cap.

Briers, Morley and Gleeson are on a fair wedge with Johnson and Reardon not far behind I bet!

If you add 3 highly paid imports in Monaghan and Hicks then Matt King then I wouldnt think you could get that under the Salary Cap limit.

Add Vinnie and Louis Anderson to that list.