The Photography Thread

I know a photographer who was at a crash site (or something similar) out on a bush road and a cop there came up to him and told him to ###### off. He said he had every right to be there, wasn't getting in the way etc. The cop drew his gun and aimed it square at his head and told him again to ###### off. This was some years ago from memory. Anyway a TV crew who was on the other side of the crash site saw it and filmed what happened. I can't remember what he told me happened after that but I believe the cop involved was relieved of his badge in the following weeks.

I know a photographer who was at a crash site (or something similar) out on a bush road and a cop there came up to him and told him to ###### off. He said he had every right to be there, wasn't getting in the way etc. The cop drew his gun and aimed it square at his head and told him again to ###### off. This was some years ago from memory. Anyway a TV crew who was on the other side of the crash site saw it and filmed what happened. I can't remember what he told me happened after that but I believe the cop involved was relieved of his badge in the following weeks.

Don't photograph the bus!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Baby robin singing its heart out at the bottom of my garden - couldn't get too close, did't want to scare it.

IMG_8501a.jpg

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Here are a few views of Perpignan from our recent trip for the rugby.

perpignan3.jpg

perpignan2.jpg

republiccafe2.jpg

fenetra2.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

err,Ed,can you tell us why the theme of your piccies is bedroom windows?? :unsure:

I have a point and shoot.

:D

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Here are a few views of Perpignan from our recent trip for the rugby.

perpignan3.jpg

perpignan2.jpg

republiccafe2.jpg

fenetra2.jpg

Fantastic colours and composition but - personal opinion only - I think they're over-sharpened. There's that 'halo' effect at the edge of some of the buildings.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Great pics again....I want to live in that first building , high up and leaning over the balcony

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Fantastic colours and composition but - personal opinion only - I think they're over-sharpened. There's that 'halo' effect at the edge of some of the buildings.

The halo effect is due to using highlights/shadow in CS2 not sharpening.

Because some of the pictures are in back streets in bright sunlight you get deep shadows, the dynamic range is being pushed to its limits, one way to pull it back is to use the shadow/highlights to balance it out, however a side effect can be haloing. It can be reduced in effect by adjust the tonal width when it is applied but that reduces the overall effectiveness. If the pics were for competition of for printing for show then I would do some fine cloning to remove the halo.

Because some of the pictures are in back streets in bright sunlight you get deep shadows, the dynamic range is being pushed to its limits, one way to pull it back is to use the shadow/highlights to balance it out, however a side effect can be haloing. It can be reduced in effect by adjust the tonal width when it is applied but that reduces the overall effectiveness. If the pics were for competition of for printing for show then I would do some fine cloning to remove the halo.

I was just about to say that :unsure:

Fides invicta triumphat

Ah, fair enough. Not having CS2 (or indeed CS3) the only time I get that halo effect is when I've over-sharpened and I have little floating people with their own clouds around them

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Technophobe here. How do i get pics on?

First, you need to stick your pictures somewhere on the internet. I use Photobucket but many consider that only really usable for light/infrequently used stuff. Each site has its own instructions on how to get photos there.

Once on another site, get the URL for the photo, that's the address starting with http and ending in .jpg or another of the image types. Then reply to a post, or create a new topic. Above the text box, you'll get the normal options, click on the add image one, I've highlighted it with a red circle in the image below:

addimage.jpg

Copy in the URL. Click OK. Then preview post to have a look and make sure it works.

Hope that helps.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

.http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/Messiah_033/

Has this worked??

The easiest way to do it from photobucket is to click on the photo's IMG box as highlighted below:

imagelink.jpg

Copy that entire bit including the [img tags then paste it into your post. If you quote my post, you'll see the way that I've added that image.

Ah, fair enough. Not having CS2 (or indeed CS3) the only time I get that halo effect is when I've over-sharpened and I have little floating people with their own clouds around them

I have used the effect deliberately in the covent garden musicians shot, you can use it to give a backlit effect.