The Photography Thread

I've seen people with pictures no where near the quality of yours making money from it.

Gits.

I've been turned down from a stock photo library - which is fair as I don't take that kind of photo. And the local media are (being very kind) somewhat inept when handling submitted images - even the local union team can't get their shots in!

If you have any other suggestions let me know! :unsure:

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Very good, Mr Tiger, as ever.

I will leave all comments about how classy an aussie Christmas looks to other posters.

Anyway, photography-wise, Santa's bulging sack brought forth two items: a years membership of the Photographers' Gallery and some Jessops vouchers which I think will go on this item:

ASIGMCA185124033.jpg

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

One more from xmas lunch. I just noticd the bubbles in this bottle of whatever the hell it is. Always nice when you see something in a pic that you didn't the first time and didn't intend to capture.

bottle.jpg

And just one more, not from xmas day but from xmas eve. The wrapping of presents, as performed by my sister on this occasion.

emwrap.jpg

Great pics ECT. Are the colours messed about with in post-production because they are very vibrant.

Sometimes I'll saturate certain colours to make them brighter but with these I didn't - didn't need to. I did them all really quickly this morning so it was just a quick crop, lighten/darken and sharpen for all of them. It was just lucky it was a sunny day and a nice, bright room that allowed in plenty of natural light, which is all that was used. No flash, no tungsten - just good light and plenty of bright, Christmassy things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few from St.Judes last weekend.

IMG_2006.jpg

Judes2nd_IMG_2037.jpg

Judes2nd_IMG_2054.jpg

judes2nd_IMG_2020.jpg

judes2nd_IMG_2034.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 3 weeks later...
Very good, Mr Tiger, as ever.

I will leave all comments about how classy an aussie Christmas looks to other posters.

Anyway, photography-wise, Santa's bulging sack brought forth two items: a years membership of the Photographers' Gallery and some Jessops vouchers which I think will go on this item:

ASIGMCA185124033.jpg

I bought the Jessop's own make version of this last week.

decent piece of gear.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I bought the Jessop's own make version of this last week.

decent piece of gear.

In the end, so did I. A Jessops 360AFD and I've had good fun with it so far. Still a long way off really controlling the light properly but even at its most basic it's a great improvement over the pop-up flash.

ECT - it's a tremendous lens to have. The version I've had would cost

Had a 24-70 f/2.8 on hire for a couple of days ... here are two shots from it ... I have to post it back now :(

I have one, its an absolute gem of a lens, costs but its worth it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3281489168_5d68e93c2f_o.jpg

Scene from the Chilterns Junior Rugby League Grand Finals, phtographed in colour and put through a b/w filter.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

3281489168_5d68e93c2f_o.jpg

Scene from the Chilterns Junior Rugby League Grand Finals, phtographed in colour and put through a b/w filter.

All it needs is Jonathan Davies goingn "bang!" over the top of it.

Like it a lot! :D

I don't if anyone is aware of this, but it becomes illegal to photograph a police officer as from tomorrow, punishable by up to 10 years apparently.

So don't do it.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

It's an extension of the already suitably vague 'material useful to a terrorist' bit the coppers already use when they're bored.

Bus timetables are useful to a terrorist but I've yet to see the Stagecoach press office harrassed by British Transport Police.

British Journal of Photography

I don't if anyone is aware of this, but it becomes illegal to photograph a police officer as from tomorrow, punishable by up to 10 years apparently.

So don't do it.

FFS. What about when they're off duty? What about plain clothed or under-cover cops in the middle of a public street? I guess to be safe you can't photograph anyone now.