The Photography Thread

Top man, finally got it posted.

Now for your opinion........ Done on a cheap Fuji digital camera 10.1 Megapixel

That is a very nice shot, easy on the eye and has good colour saturation nice lead in lines and conforms nicely to the rule of thirds.

Great picture of St. Ives top notch, What time of year was that?

Two weeks ago.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

That is a very nice shot, easy on the eye and has good colour saturation nice lead in lines and conforms nicely to the rule of thirds.

Two weeks ago.

Thanks for your comments, after some of the pictures you have taken I take that a complement

On your St Ives picture, what great weather, fantastic.... No wonder you keep returning biggrin.gif

thanks again and I will post pictures as and when I think I'm 10% in your league.

Regards

Paul

Hope you got permission for that.

City Hall get very cross with unlicenced pictures appearing.

City Hall can go do naughty things with themselves.

Also, as you cannot "copyright" a building's image, they have a choice between a huge international law firm and the Equality and Human Rights Commission to pick on if they want to stop photos from that building :P

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

City Hall can go do naughty things with themselves.

Also, as you cannot "copyright" a building's image, they have a choice between a huge international law firm and the Equality and Human Rights Commission to pick on if they want to stop photos from that building :P

Its not that simple.

You can photograph and use photographs of public buildings from a public place , but interiors and recognised logos say of a store front need building release (permission from owner), to be used for anything but editorial use.

If you try to sell photos for commercial use without a building release you could end up having to pay the owner.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Its not that simple.

You can photograph and use photographs of public buildings from a public place , but interiors and recognised logos say of a store front need building release (permission from owner), to be used for anything but editorial use.

If you try to sell photos for commercial use without a building release you could end up having to pay the owner.

That's what we're talking about though. City Hall captured as a left hand edge of a photo of Tower Bridge and only if you knew it was City Hall would you actually be able to identify it. There are no public marks and no interior views. If I made it a direct shot of City Hall from a public place then I'd still not need to ask permission but if I made it a shot of a trademarked logo then it would all depend on whether it was a deliberate focus point of the shot or not.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking shots ECT

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Cracking shots ECT

Agreed.

Anyway, now having my free smartish-phone upgrade means I can have a play with the on-board camera ... and I like it!

This is the 7/7 memorial in Hyde Park taken with the Vignette app:

5497675189_23b48774db.jpg

Memorial by Jon Smalldon, on Flickr

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Agreed.

Anyway, now having my free smartish-phone upgrade means I can have a play with the on-board camera ... and I like it!

This is the 7/7 memorial in Hyde Park taken with the Vignette app:

5497675189_23b48774db.jpg

Memorial by Jon Smalldon, on Flickr

brilliant.

It's one of the pleasures of the forum to look at the photograsphy thread and see that someone has posted something on it. I love the mood of the pic.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

The Garlic Man

MANCXMAS11_web_sn_IMG_9649.jpg

This is what happens if you shout boo at a daffodil.

daffodil-2.jpg

Edited by Padge

Some of these are much better than what is being published on the monthly thread.

Shows what you can do with a bit of photoshop polish! (Or even if I was being really nasty, and I'm not tonight, research on the INTERNETWEBTHINGY).

Some of these are much better than what is being published on the monthly thread.

Shows what you can do with a bit of photoshop polish! (Or even if I was being really nasty, and I'm not tonight, research on the INTERNETWEBTHINGY).

mate you can't make a bad photo good

and you can overdo it with the special effects

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Don't know what you are really getting at here, would you care to expand.

Manhattan-grayscale1.jpg

3 photos stitched together using Photoshop

Edited by Kenilworth Tiger

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Shows what you can do with a bit of photoshop polish!

It certainly does, my street in summer and winter -

Image001.jpg

Edited by Exiled Townie

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Manhattan-grayscale1.jpg

Like it, good stitch.

Lighten up the right a bit possibly?

Edited by Padge

Manhattan-grayscale1.jpg

If you're still in NY, please can I request a shot of my fav building- the Chrysler - TIA

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

If you're still in NY, please can I request a shot of my fav building- the Chrysler - TIA

"Of"? Of is for weaklings. He needs a shot *from* the Chrysler building ... like this ...

margft.jpg

(Oscar Graubner's photo of Margaret Bourke-White in action).

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

"Of"? Of is for weaklings. He needs a shot *from* the Chrysler building ... like this ...

margft.jpg

(Oscar Graubner's photo of Margaret Bourke-White in action).

Wow, I'm dizzy just looking at that

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!