St. Judes v Skirlaugh (more HERE)

stjudesvskirlaugh_IMG_1556.jpg

stjudesvskirlaugh_IMG_1559.jpg

stjudesvskirlaugh_IMG_1560.jpg

stjudesvskirlaugh_IMG_1553.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

i went watching the aussie pink floyd show at blackpool opera house saturday and i can reccomend that it is not a show to miss they were brilliant, i took a few snaps trying to catch the light show is almost impossibl but here are a few.

030-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

027.jpg

025-1.jpg

020.jpg

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

If I might be so bold

some serious cropping required on some of them IMHO

It was a very dull and rainy day so I was shooting at a high ISO which makes the pictures noisier than normal. Tighter crops on some would exagerate the noise or would require noise reduction to be used to the extent that it softens the image.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

It was a very dull and rainy day so I was shooting at a high ISO which makes the pictures noisier than normal. Tighter crops on some would exagerate the noise or would require noise reduction to be used to the extent that it softens the image.

that isn't necessarily a bad thing

edit: it's the trade off between picture quality and image quality. I'd be ok with more noise and a tighter crop.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

that isn't necessarily a bad thing

edit: it's the trade off between picture quality and image quality. I'd be ok with more noise and a tighter crop.

The noise can be used to artistic effect, I don't particularly think these pictures benefit from the extra noise induced by tighter crops, many are already cropped as I was only using a 200mm lense so I could maintain control of depth of field in poor conditions.

Give me an example Chris of one that would benefit from a tighter crop and I'll look at it.

The noise can be used to artistic effect, I don't particularly think these pictures benefit from the extra noise induced by tighter crops, many are already cropped as I was only using a 200mm lense so I could maintain control of depth of field in poor conditions.

Give me an example Chris of one that would benefit from a tighter crop and I'll look at it.

a pleasure mate

Keeping it local

Chris, those crops are ok, except that the image size has actually been aproximately halved, that's ok if the pictures are just for sticking on here. However my images are of a certain size and quality for technical reasons elsewhere, with that crop if the image size is increased then the quality is reduced (to unacceptable levels for me). I don't create images for this site, I create images for use elsewhere, I already create 4 versions of each image, I acan do without a fifth one for posting on here. :D

Chris, those crops are ok, except that the image size has actually been aproximately halved, that's ok if the pictures are just for sticking on here. However my images are of a certain size and quality for technical reasons elsewhere, with that crop if the image size is increased then the quality is reduced (to unacceptable levels for me). I don't create images for this site, I create images for use elsewhere, I already create 4 versions of each image, I acan do without a fifth one for posting on here. :D

oh aye

we're just talkinmg pictures mate

I love it

Keeping it local

Wigan St.Judes had an excellant Beer Festival on Saturday night combined with a Paddy's Day bash.

I have a selection of photos from the evening HERE

I will be adding more photos soon.

• 2 weeks later...

what I noticed from the my street comp was that nobody incdluded people in their shots. The essence of a street is the people who live in it. I'd like to have done that.

Keeping it local

what I noticed from the my street comp was that nobody incdluded people in their shots. The essence of a street is the people who live in it. I'd like to have done that.

The essence of my street is that it's mostly quiet - hence this shot taken from standing in the middle of it.

Most of my 'street' photos feature people in some way.

For example this recent one of Edgware Road

5568727213_d8612abc33_z.jpg

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The essence of my street is that it's mostly quiet - hence this shot taken from standing in the middle of it.

Most of my 'street' photos feature people in some way.

For example this recent one of Edgware Road

5568727213_d8612abc33_z.jpg

mine do to

it was just that I happend to visit the street that I ws brought up in. It was a lively, mostly happy, and for a pit villagee cosmopolitan place. Now it is all but dead. It felt haunted and lonely. That was what I wanted to say in the pics.

Keeping it local

Took this last week at the St Albans-Hemel U14's game, if I had just waited a split second longer for that look of realisation to turn to ........... :biggrin:

IMG_26-03_18.jpg

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Took this last week at the St Albans-Hemel U14's game, if I had just waited a split second longer for that look of realisation to turn to ........... :biggrin:

IMG_26-03_18.jpg

I presume the sponsor is Mr Kipling?

parrot_IMG_7748.jpg