The Photography Thread

So you'd pay about a grand then?

About ten grand, if I had the means and a blank wall.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

All Aboard

bodmin_station_IMG_7627bw.jpg

Taken at Bodmin & Wenford Steam Railway station.

Edited by Padge

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no airplane geek (or at least I think not!) but I thought I would share some of my favourite plane pics I have taken. There is something magnificent about aircraft - the 'How does it stay in the air?' factor is one that I try to evoke when photographing them. Here are jsut a few for starters. See what you think!

Airbus A380 (Farnborough 2010) - Love this one! Gives such a sense of height and prowessvfor this enourmous machine.

IMG_1510.jpg

Same aircraft, slightly different lighting/position.

IMG_1706.jpg

Typhoon (Southend 2010) - Amazing plane!

IMG_1549.jpg

The Vulcan Bomber (Southend 2011) - Not the greatest of pictures, but one I never thought I would take again, until yesterday.

Vulcan2.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

That's not a Typhoon it's a F/A-18 Hornet. Yes I am a geek.

Good pics though!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

That first airbus is a cracker.

Try this one.

skiatos_CRW_1975.jpg

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

That first airbus is a cracker.

Try this one.

skiatos_CRW_1975.jpg

Where did you take that?

I sat at the end of the runway at Girona last month when on tour to Perpignan and that was an equally decent view of landings. It's quite a thrill watching them address the crosswind at some of these airports.

Ever tried the same at City airport ? Now that's scary!

Where did you take that?

Greek island of Skiathos.

The blast from the engines of one taking off blew a woman arris over mammories

Love the plane pics people. Here's a bit more of a peaceful scene, Warter church today taken from the Huggate road.

WarterSpring2011099.jpg

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Love the plane pics people. Here's a bit more of a peaceful scene, Warter church today taken from the Huggate road.

WarterSpring2011099.jpg

That's a good hill on a bike!

WarterSpring2011099.jpg

bung that in the may comp, be quick.

I'm no airplane geek (or at least I think not!) but I thought I would share some of my favourite plane pics I have taken. There is something magnificent about aircraft - the 'How does it stay in the air?' factor is one that I try to evoke when photographing them. Here are jsut a few for starters. See what you think!

Airbus A380 (Farnborough 2010) - Love this one! Gives such a sense of height and prowessvfor this enourmous machine.

IMG_1510.jpg

Same aircraft, slightly different lighting/position.

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

The Vulcan Bomber (Southend 2011) - Not the greatest of pictures, but one I never thought I would take again, until yesterday.

Vulcan2.jpg

mate that isn't a typhoon it's an F18 Super Hornet of the US navy

some great pics esp the airbus

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

• 3 weeks later...

thewall-2.jpg

P1020097-1.jpg

P1020094-1.jpg

P1020093.jpg

P1020091.jpg

a few not very good snaps from "THE WALL" at the M.E.N last month an absolutely incredible show.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Well I've been and gone and done it. After 6 years it's goodbye old Canon 300d, hello new Canon 550d.

And what a difference. So much easier to master and use, lots of nice new extras and takes much better quality pictures as well. I got it from WarehouseExpress, and highly recommend them. Ordered Monday at 2pm, deliverered at 1pm Tuesday. Got a half price Sandisk memory card as part of the deal but couldn't get it to download to the computer. Rang them on Wednesday morning and a new one delivered Thursday.

Good service - and a good camera, well chuffed.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Well I've been and gone and done it. After 6 years it's goodbye old Canon 300d, hello new Canon 550d.

And what a difference. So much easier to master and use, lots of nice new extras and takes much better quality pictures as well. I got it from WarehouseExpress, and highly recommend them. Ordered Monday at 2pm, deliverered at 1pm Tuesday. Got a half price Sandisk memory card as part of the deal but couldn't get it to download to the computer. Rang them on Wednesday morning and a new one delivered Thursday.

Good service - and a good camera, well chuffed.

nice.

I currently use Photoshop elements 7. I'm thinking of buying elements 9, but I'm not sure whether it would be worthwhile. I'd like to know what people think

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

nice.

I currently use Photoshop elements 7. I'm thinking of buying elements 9, but I'm not sure whether it would be worthwhile. I'd like to know what people think

I had a prehistoric version of Elements and I've just now moved to PSE 9.

In terms of what it can do to your photos it's unchanged. The interface seems a lot cleaner and marking up in terms of keywords is easier. I've not noticed any other differences.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)