The Photography Thread

I had a prehistoric version of Elements and I've just now moved to PSE 9.

In terms of what it can do to your photos it's unchanged. The interface seems a lot cleaner and marking up in terms of keywords is easier. I've not noticed any other differences.

thanks ginge

you've saved me some bother and some dough

I owe you a beer.

do you think there is any other software that you think I might find useful?

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

clifton_solargraph_1118714c.jpg

© Justin Quinnell

A photo taken over 6 months through a pin camera of the sun travelling over the Clifton Suspension Bridge (Clifton, Bristol, not Clifton, Swinton & P)

Link to story

I keep cominmg back to this. It reminds me of a Roger Dean album cover only good.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

• 2 weeks later...

After much less prevarication I've 'invested' in a Nissin Di622 (Mark II) flash ... much off camera flash-based madness to follow no doubt ...

Here's attempt #1 from this morning ...

5917949001_955888b837.jpg

Henry by Jon Smalldon, on Flickr

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On our latest trip to Greece to Parga we did the River Achelon walk (and swim). The River Achelon is also known as The River Styx which is the river where the mythological ferryman delivered the dead to the underworld, payment to to the ferryman was by placing a coin under the tongue of the corpse. It is also the River in which Achilees was dipped to protect him and make him immortal, but of course he was held by the heal and this wasn't dipped into the magical waters and thus became his weak spot.

The river walk starts in ankle deep crystal clear water, this is where you first find out how cold it is, at 13 deg C, the air temperatureis around 32 deg C. You walk up the river and in some parts you have to swim. Eventually the river narrows considerably and current is very fast and the only way up is to swim. At this point only the strongest swimmers make it, proud to say there were four Wiganers on the trip and all four made it, about half of the people who managed it.

river_P1010998sm.jpg

river_P1010989sm.jpg

river_P1010979sm.jpg

river_P1010968sm.jpg

river_P1010967sm.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The river walk starts in ankle deep crystal clear water, this is where you first find out how cold it is, at 13 deg C, the air temperatureis around 32 deg C. You walk up the river and in some parts you have to swim. Eventually the river narrows considerably and current is very fast and the only way up is to swim.

The Dunns River Falls walk, in Jamaica, is usually held around midday, and the water is ice cold, swirling, various depths, and is blooming lovely.

Edited by Bleep1673

After much less prevarication I've 'invested' in a Nissin Di622 (Mark II) flash ... much off camera flash-based madness to follow no doubt ...

Here's attempt #1 from this morning ...

The cars out of focus and that bloody kid got its head in the way.

Only joking, good start.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunbed Hell.

IMG_4876.jpg

beach_IMG_4880.jpg

beach_IMG_4872.jpg

beach_IMG_4866.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On our latest trip to Greece to Parga we did the River Achelon walk (and swim). The River Achelon is also known as The River Styx which is the river where the mythological ferryman delivered the dead to the underworld, payment to to the ferryman was by placing a coin under the tongue of the corpse. It is also the River in which Achilees was dipped to protect him and make him immortal, but of course he was held by the heal and this wasn't dipped into the magical waters and thus became his weak spot.

The river walk starts in ankle deep crystal clear water, this is where you first find out how cold it is, at 13 deg C, the air temperatureis around 32 deg C. You walk up the river and in some parts you have to swim. Eventually the river narrows considerably and current is very fast and the only way up is to swim. At this point only the strongest swimmers make it, proud to say there were four Wiganers on the trip and all four made it, about half of the people who managed it.

Pedantic? Moi? Heel, Achilles.

Love the pictures though

Edited by Bleep1673

HMS Illustrious gets a bit of assistance from three Royal Navy tugs when leaving Plymouth.

illustrious_IMG_5881sm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...