The Photography Thread

Nothing I enjoyed more than going to Heathrow plane spotting with my dad as a kid.. yes I know this explains alot now :wacko:

Ditto, Manchester.

Although if you like plane spotting, there are 2 pubs west of Heathrow, with beer gardens that you can sit in while indulging. One in Horton, called theThe Five Bells, Horton , another is The Punch Bowl, Colnbrook both on the flight path in/out of Heathrow.

Quick story, a friend of a friend is a commercial pilot for BA, and was taxiing his aircraft at the end of the runway and noticed one of the plane spotters listening to the Short Wave radio, with his finger up his nose trying to pull a stubborn bogey out, when the pilot announces over the airwaves " Can that fat anorak in the blue anorak take his finger from up his nose, please"? The look of shock on the guys face was priceless, the other spotters were ROTFL

005-4.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

somebody had removed the brass plates outside an old building in Huddersfield town centre: revealing, perhaps without realising it, the original painted on addresses from I'm guessing 150 yars ago.

The quality of the sign writing struck me and the delicacy of the colours and shapes that decay haad added.

Anyway at least they are now on record.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

somebody had removed the brass plates outside an old building in Huddersfield town centre: revealing, perhaps without realising it, the original painted on addresses from I'm guessing 150 yars ago.

The quality of the sign writing struck me and the delicacy of the colours and shapes that decay haad added.

Anyway at least they are now on record.

Have you tried contacting the local conservation officer, they may like to do something about them before they are destroyed.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Have you tried contacting the local conservation officer, they may like to do something about them before they are destroyed.

it would be a good idea to let them know.

At least they've been recorded I guess.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

• 2 weeks later...

DSC_0219.jpg

I can see a fox

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Just taken delivery of Canon EOS 5D MK II

That's me sorted for tonight then......:)

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I thought you were one of the few users of Sony out there?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I thought you were one of the few users of Sony out there?

I am - I've just added to my portfolio!!

What's wrong with Sony?

Nothing at all, especially given the excellent secondhand Minolta lenses you can pair them with. But their market share is small compared to the big two and they don't (yet) seem to have the loyalty that Pentax and Olympus have.

I do like the look of the Nex system as well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

My God what a piece of kit - first camera I've had with no inbuilt flash so really have to use all the settings to take nice pics in low light but my God the functioanlity of the camera and the images it produces are simply stunning.

Will post a few later for Padge to criticise!

You'll be telling me next it has no scene settings.

No but I've got my phone for that!

I have just bought a 746 page guide to using Photoshop.

On Saturday I shot my first wedding.

I really should have done these the other way round.