The Photography Thread

Meet the boss.

Lion_IMG_0170.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Eyebrows need a trim.

He'll gladly trim them for you.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Bloody hell L'ange, pass the sunglasses. B)

Edited by Padge

can I just say that there was no photoshopping involved, not even cropping.

The fill in flash certainly did some work

The fill in flash certainly did some work

what has happened is that I've bought s Canon G14. It's well specced and pocketable. You can press a button and sn icon like s parrot comes up on the screen. This denotes' intensified colour'. I think you can overdo it, and that it will now go onto the back burner.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I have a question.

I went to my bosses retierment party last week, and my camera wouldn't focus on Auto focus, while the flash was on, in the darker corners of the pub, I had had a few sips of an strange brown liquid I beleive to be called Lager, and my own auto focus was malfunctioning, so some of the later pictures were as fuzzy as my memory of the night.

So does anybody have any tips for making an auto focus work in lower light levels such as a pub or restaurant etc?

I have a Sony Alpha290 with all the usual features of a DSLR.

Feed Me. Please?

For instance this was taken last week, I have tweaked it, Contrast and brightness wise, but it looks artificial because I was trying too hard with the focus as it may be a long time before we get the Orthopaedic Consultant Surgeons together in one room given their egos, there was one missing, but I don't think he can be photogaphed anyway, being so old he may be undead.

6347898067_dcc190be78.jpg

DSC01106 by Bleep1673, on Flickr

(L-R) Mr Selmon (Back Surgeon, Trauma), Mr Apthorp (Hip, Knee),Mr Butler-Manuel (Hips, Knees), Sr Grun (Snr Sister, Rtd), Mr Hinves (Feet & Ankles), Mr Thakral (Shoulders, Upper Limb), behind him, partially hidden Mr Keast-Butler (Trauma), Mr Buchanan (Shoulder, Upper Limb), Mr Dunning (Feet, Ankles, Trauma). Missing, Mr Shepherd (Spinal)

Edited by Bleep1673

I have a question.

I went to my bosses retierment party last week, and my camera wouldn't focus on Auto focus, while the flash was on, in the darker corners of the pub, I had had a few sips of an strange brown liquid I beleive to be called Lager, and my own auto focus was malfunctioning, so some of the later pictures were as fuzzy as my memory of the night.

So does anybody have any tips for making an auto focus work in lower light levels such as a pub or restaurant etc?

I have a Sony Alpha290 with all the usual features of a DSLR.

Feed Me. Please?

For instance this was taken last week, I have tweaked it, Contrast and brightness wise, but it looks artificial because I was trying too hard with the focus as it may be a long time before we get the Orthopaedic Consultant Surgeons together in one room given their egos, there was one missing, but I don't think he can be photogaphed anyway, being so old he may be undead.

6347898067_dcc190be78.jpg

DSC01106 by Bleep1673, on Flickr

(L-R) Mr Selmon (Back Surgeon, Trauma), Mr Apthorp (Hip, Knee),Mr Butler-Manuel (Hips, Knees), Sr Grun (Snr Sister, Rtd), Mr Hinves (Feet & Ankles), Mr Thakral (Shoulders, Upper Limb), behind him, partially hidden Mr Keast-Butler (Trauma), Mr Buchanan (Shoulder, Upper Limb), Mr Dunning (Feet, Ankles, Trauma). Missing, Mr Shepherd (Spinal)

The Sony Alpha has a preview flash mode to help it focus in the dark, it lets off a burst off small flashes to provide light for the focusing system before letting off the main flash. This is what your camera uses. This sometimes only works in certain auto modes. i.e. portrait.

Check the manual for your camera to see how to use the facility.

Thoughts............

6355125159_d9831210ef.jpg

Cooden Beach, Bexhill, E. Sussex by Bleep1673, on Flickr

Interesting but needs more drama in the sky.

On the contrary - it's the lack of 'drama' above and below that creates a focus on the 'line' in the middle, which is surely the strength of the composition.

Agree with that.

With a dramatic clouds-racing sky there'd be no need to look at the horizontal.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Interesting but needs more drama in the sky.

one of the blights of digital photograohy is the over dramatisation of skies. It, along with blurred water flowing over rocks has joined the ranks of rows of beach huts and toothles tramps in the panoply of photographic triteness.

I like this photo a lot. It has its own atmposphere.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

On the contrary - it's the lack of 'drama' above and below that creates a focus on the 'line' in the middle, which is surely the strength of the composition.

A quick adjust bringing out detail that was already there. (hope bleep doesn't mind).

bleep-1.jpg

nah

disagree wiv yer. :tongue:

wrong thread

As in not wired up right?

:biggrin: