The Photography Thread

My sister in laws dog, first time I've seen her sit still long enough to get a photo!

8307427921_1c07bee08c_z.jpg

Denzil by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

My sister in laws dog, first time I've seen her sit still long enough to get a photo!

8307427921_1c07bee08c_z.jpg

Denzil by 77gazza, on Flickr

Little tip Gazza, the autofocus has focused on the dogs nose, you need to get those eyes as the main focus point.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Little tip Gazza, the autofocus has focused on the dogs nose, you need to get those eyes as the main focus point.

Cheers for the advice. I just grabbed the camera and didn't have much time to set it, but certainly a tip worth keeping in mind for future shots of animals. :)

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Cheers for the advice. I just grabbed the camera and didn't have much time to set it, but certainly a tip worth keeping in mind for future shots of animals. :)

Problem with animals is often you have to be quick, if you have your focus set to the centre point normally then when you grab the camera put the focus point over they point of focus you want and half-press the shutter to focus on the point, keep the button held and then re-frame the shot and fully depress the shutter to grab the shot.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Christmas Day was foggy, and a good day to stay indoors. But this morning, here is the view to the North East. The sun was rather more golden in reality, but this was taken with a freebie camera (from the stationery company), which ain't no good at all.

WindmillFarm02_zpsa95a4172.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8313145867_e81e567a1e.jpg

Jess by 77gazza, on Flickr

No great artistic merit in this one, taken some time ago of my cat, Jess. Sadly, she passed away yesterday after living with me since I got her from the RSPCA in August 2000: she'd been taken in having been found abandoned in an empty house. It had not been long since I'd bought a house and left home when I got her, so she's lived with me through several years of ups and downs, and for the last five years with both me and my now wife. It seemed very strange getting up this morning and coming downstairs without being met by someone wanting either breakfast, a fuss or both. :(

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

Off to London Zoo today with my new zoom, I will keep that tip in mind. I also have to keep my eye on little Bleep in case of stock-taking in the monkey house!

The weather at the zoo was so lousy that I took no decent photos whatever, so we went to the Natural History Museum today as well.

Mrs scared little bleep so much with pretending to feed her to DINOSAURS that she was crying by the time we had reached the T Rex, & she wanted to leave.

So we went home.

btw you were right about that jimmy webb album: sublime.

Glad you liked it - 'Galveston' is as good as it gets.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

bloody scroungers!! that suitcase is better than mine and i wouldn't mind a pair of those boots.

and he can afford a cig.

edit:

:D

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Another cracking street scene Chris.

And Marley laid out on the back lawn (artificial)

That's not a real dog. :O