The Photography Thread

Cheers, I've got another took in black and white that I'll upload later.

Thought of doing a mix of both?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Cheers, I've got another took in black and white that I'll upload later.

One thing I would say is that the black area on the right affects the balance of the pic

If you crop it out making the pic in the portrait format it might work even better

Just an idea

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Christmas Day was foggy, and a good day to stay indoors. But this morning, here is the view to the North East. The sun was rather more golden in reality, but this was taken with a freebie camera (from the stationery company), which ain't no good at all.

WindmillFarm02_zpsa95a4172.jpg

That view looks familiar. It looks like the North York Moors as seen from the northern end of the Yorkshire Wolds.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

These were randomly sat in the middle of an empty car park

Like it, good use of depth of field, and the really low angle gives it good impact.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

best I can do with my software. Pleased with it though.

The sort of thing I was thinking of, love it.

There's been some belters on here recently.

I've just added a few new ones to my Flickr account, ones that I particularly like for one reason or another that bring back memories or are just some of my favourite shots of the last few years, all taken on a point and shoot of some description before my recent move to a DSLR. This is one of the ones I stumbled upon, a view of the 7 colours earth in Mauritius, which is one of the strangest natural sights I've ever seen. That's the natural colour(s) of the earth there, and they just wash around into different seams when it rains.

8374903802_cd63812bd1_z.jpg

7 Colours Earth by 77gazza, on Flickr

Edited by gazza77

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Picked up a Fuji X100 on Friday, this is one of the first shots I've taken with it - not sure I'm qualified to operate a "proper camera" yet, makes using a DSLR seem like a piece of cake, hope to enjoy the challenge though!

8375008440_6fe9196906_b.jpg

Some great pics on here. Really enjoy looking at them.

Picked up a Fuji X100 on Friday, this is one of the first shots I've taken with it - not sure I'm qualified to operate a "proper camera" yet, makes using a DSLR seem like a piece of cake, hope to enjoy the challenge though!

8375008440_6fe9196906_b.jpg

Ooh you lucky 'person' you. Love the look of the X100, and with a proper viewfinder as well. Looking forward to seeing some of the pics you take with it.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

That view looks familiar. It looks like the North York Moors as seen from the northern end of the Yorkshire Wolds.

Close, but a little bit further North and West - the house is on top of a hill at the bottom left-hand corner of the Moors themselves. Sutton Bank and the White Horse are about 3 or 4 miles down the road to the East.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8381257704_0cd2fe1923_c.jpg

Owl in flight by CarlMitchell, on Flickr

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

bloody hell Carl that's good

Thanks - I actually took it about 12 months ago and was piddling about with curves and levels today - quite pleased with how it came out!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

077.jpg

You got a job on the side as a private investigator Chris? :lol:

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb